Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets Won't Take Mays Per Jay Feely

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    This is a good post. I've watched every USC game for probably close to the last decade so I've seen Mays a lot. There's a lot of potential there but I think the lack of coverage skills is just too glaring for the Jets to use a high pick on him. Even if he doesn't bust, he could be a 3-year project and we're trying to win the Superbowl now.
    Rex Ryan & Co. >>>> anyone who coached or gameplanned with Mays @ USC.

I trust if they pick him, they know what they're doing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Rex Ryan & Co. >>>> anyone who coached or gameplanned with Mays @ USC.

I trust if they pick him, they know what they're doing.
    I agree with you on that, I wouldn't be upset Mays being the pick, probably wouldn't be upset with any pick the Jets made nowadays. But me playing mock GM here on a message board, I'm just a little skeptical on him being a good fit for the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Jay is right because Mays screams over-rated and the second coming of Hollywood.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Funny:

Jets fans despise Kerry Rhodes cause he can cover like crazy but couldn't hit.

Jets fans also despise Taylor Mays cause he hits like crazy but couldn't cover.

Moral? No one's perfect but the Jets safety better be perfect.
    Kerry Rhodes can cover?
    News to me. Dude was always a step late because he was the most indecisive mo-fo I have ever witnessed. Rex agrees with me, that's why he's no longer a NY Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec230 View Post
    I hope Jay is right because Mays screams over-rated and the second coming of Hollywood.
    i would argue with you on the "over-rated" part. I'm actually amazed he's still projected to go in the first round given the ostracizing the man's withstood over the last 2 months. Any thing i read/hear about "taylor mays" is followed by a series of perplexed answers/viewpoints by analysts who whine about woes of selecting him,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mays is the complete opposite to Rhodes.

Once he steps onto the field, he's the hardest hitter in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mays is a hard worker, a gym rat and a student of the game. I have no doubts that he can improve. He is probably better suited for SS than FS but I think he will be raring to go and prove everyone wrong with all the knocks on him now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Mays is a hard worker, a gym rat and a student of the game. I have no doubts that he can improve. He is probably better suited for SS than FS but I think he will be raring to go and prove everyone wrong with all the knocks on him now.
    To be honest, I think Leonhard is more suited for FS anyway...however, its only to Ryan's benefit that both (JL & Mays) could play FS & SS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Taylor Mays might be available in the late second round and may inch his way closer to the start of the third round. I don't think he'll make it to the third round, but I think he'll be closer to the third than the first.

He'll slide big-time on draft day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Taylor Mays might be available in the late second round and may inch his way closer to the start of the third round. I don't think he'll make it to the third round, but I think he'll be closer to the third than the first. .
    Well, I hate to break it to you, but I've haven't seen any posts by you that indicate you have a clue what you're talking about in the draft forum.

Sorry... but its true. I'm sure you're a nice guy and everything, but your insight in this area is weightless
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-19-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I hate to break it to you, but I've haven't seen any posts by you that indicate you have a clue what you're talking about in the draft forum.

Sorry... but its true. I'm sure you're a nice guy and everything, but your insight in this area is weightless
    Hey, I'm not an expert, but I see Mays sliding to the mid to late second round. I suppose I can be like you and just read whatever ESPN says and repost it as if it was my own unique thought, but I'm capable of doing my own thinking.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong; at least I'm not pretending to be some know it all just because I watch YouTube highlights and claim that to be "film study." LMAO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

And don't twist my words. I said that he'd be picked CLOSER to the third round than the first round -- translation: he'd be in the bottom 16 of the second round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Hey, I'm not an expert, but I see Mays sliding to the mid to late second round. I suppose I can be like you and just read whatever ESPN says and repost it as if it was my own unique thought, but I'm capable of doing my own thinking.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong; at least I'm not pretending to be some know it all just because I watch YouTube highlights and claim that to be "film study." LMAO.
    LOL, dude if you spent any time in this forum, you'd know my thoughts and draft perspective are anything but conventional, let alone something ESPN analysts would support.

Don't hate dude, just callin'em like i see'em.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, dude you spent any time in this forum, you'd know my thoughts and draft perspective are anything by conventional, let alone something ESPN analysts would support.

Don't hate dude, just callin'em like i see'em.
    Trust me, "dude", I spend lots of time in the draft forum, and I'm well aware that most of your opinions/projections/predictions are based on nothing more than what you read in a magazine/heard on the radio/saw on ESPN.

Your recent idiotic points include: thinking that somehow Rex Ryan has some magic wand that will make Taylor Mays a good cover-safety in the NFL. Did you forget that the same staff that coached Taylor Mays for four years at USC is now coaching in the NFL? Like his coaches are to blame for him not being able to change directions...

You're so certain that all of Tannenbaum's off-season moves have "convinced you" that they're taking Taylor Mays. I'll make whatever wager you want that you're 100% DEAD WRONG; then we'll see who has a clue as to what they're talking about.

Stop parading around like your some sort of scout. I'd bet my kidney that I've watched more college football in the past year than you have in the past five -- the difference between me and you is I don't post every stupid idea that comes to my mind.

And trust me, "dude", I'm on the site every day and read every thread in the draft forum, so I've seen enough of your posts to know that you know close to nothing compared to 95% of the posters in the draft forum alone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hah, sighh.. message board gladiator hey..

1st of all, you're an idiot.

2nd of all, i don't think they're gonna take Mays. I'd love it if they did, but there's much more likely scenarios than Mays to the Jets. Shows how closely you follow what i say.

3rdly, You still don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who has to prove themselves by claiming they've watched an epic levels of college ball instantly fails.

Again, i understand you find me disagreeing with you upsetting, but saying that i just follow analysts really makes it hard for me to take you seriously, since i often have ideas and or wants that don't coincide with alot of people here, or elsewhere.

rock on "dude"
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hah, sighh.. message board gladiator hey..

1st of all, you're an idiot.

2nd of all, i don't think they're gonna take Mays. I'd love it if they did, but there's much more likely scenarios than Mays to the Jets. Shows how closely you follow what i say.

3rdly, You still don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who has to prove themselves by claiming they've watched an epic levels of college ball instantly fails.

Again, i understand you find me disagreeing with you upsetting, but saying that i just follow analysts really makes it hard for me to take you seriously, since i often have ideas and or wants that don't coincide with alot of people here, or elsewhere.

rock on "dude"
    Do I still not know what I'm talking about? Am I still an idiot? Taylor Mays is falling like a rock, plummeting towards the third round, just as I predicted.

Looks like you're not the holy draft guru you'd like the JI community to think you are

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Taylor Mays might be available in the late second round and may inch his way closer to the start of the third round. I don't think he'll make it to the third round, but I think he'll be closer to the third than the first.
    Originally Posted by Paradis

I understand you may find this upsetting, and I'm sure you're a nice guy and everything, but YOUR insight in this area is weightless, as has been proven today. Stop speaking in absolutes, you don't know what you're talking about. You sound like Sean Salisbury.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for posting the link