Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Won't Take Mays Per Jay Feely

Jets Won't Take Mays Per Jay Feely

@mortreport if Mays is there at the end of first Jets will NOT take him. I guarntee it, even though they have a need

http://twitter.com/jayfeely

Take it FWIW

All Pro
    interesting

f-Feeley... he talks too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who is Jay Feely?

Can we re-sign him, and then suspend him for blabbing on twitter?

Also, another tweet from Mort:
    RT @Jchawks: @mortreport where do you see Taylor mays going?
    >> Can't find a spot yet; chance of falling out of first round #NFLDraft
    about 5 hours ago via TweetDeck

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Can we re-sign him, and then suspend him for blabbing on twitter?
    If we're not taking Mays sobeit, but its pretty classless to talk about your former team's draft plans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    If we're not taking Mays sobeit, but its pretty classless to talk about your former team's draft plans.
    Surprised?

Feely took a veiled shot at Chris Henry the day he died.

really? what'd he say??^^

Dennis thurman(former USC S MVP in champ game)wasn't impressed with Mays and visited with him. What I don't understand is why would he come out and say it?? Why not just keep to himself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post

Dennis thurman(former USC S MVP in champ game)wasn't impressed with Mays and visited with him. What I don't understand is why would he come out and say it?? Why not just keep to himself.
    This is what Feely wrote on Twitter the day Henry died:

Chris Henry seemed to have turned his life around. But, you can't live on the brink of destruction without inevitably falling off the ledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post

Please elaborate on this. Thanks.

As info. Mark Carrier, another ex USC Safety, is now the Jets D-Line coach.

Safe to say the Jets will have a comfortable opinion of Mays, good or bad.

Just another reason why teams keep getting rid of Feely, even though he plays pretty well.

And interesting comment on Mays though. The dude is an unbelievable hitter but he really lacks instincts in the passing game. I can see a scenario where he becomes a horrible bust and another where he becomes a great player. I'd stay away though because the instincts in the passing game are just so awful at times.

Funny:

Jets fans despise Kerry Rhodes cause he can cover like crazy but couldn't hit.

Jets fans also despise Taylor Mays cause he hits like crazy but couldn't cover.

Moral? No one's perfect but the Jets safety better be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

I have no issue with Mays albeit there are more pressing needs at our first line of D. How a safety is a D-Line coach

Never thought we would take Mays.. I think people are underestimating Brodney Pool.

Cimini had a article that said people with knowledge of the way Rex runs his personell does not value safeties that high, Ed Reed was the exception. It said Rex can never have enough CBs and pass rushers, NT is also a value position for Rex.

All Pro
    Just how the hell does the kicker who's been out of the loop since January acquire such first hand knowledge huh?

feeley went to arizona. rhodes was shipped out there with him. the two of them are stewing that they're not going to be part of the nyj drive towards a super bowl anymore. they're not going to be on hard knocks. with warner retired, and others defecting, arizona is a team on the decline. feeley's comments were protecting his one ally, kerry rhodes. it's not that feeley has knowledge of the jets' plans, it's that he still wants to feel relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

CMart,

I live in so cal and listen to the petros and money show. P used to play for SC and had Dennis Thurman on when he was in town to see SCs Mays at his pro day. Thurman did give praise to his explosiveness yet pulled a "no comment" when P asked about his coverage skills.

Basically, Thurman had concerns about his hips, stifness and coverage skills.

Banned
    I think we're going for a front 7 defensive player at 29 and Safety at 61.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Funny:

Jets fans despise Kerry Rhodes cause he can cover like crazy but couldn't hit.

Jets fans also despise Taylor Mays cause he hits like crazy but couldn't cover.

Moral? No one's perfect but the Jets safety better be perfect.
    "D@mn right" Shaft!