Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting tired of this

getting tired of this

why is their a single person on JI who supports the possibility of picking cody?
    yes he has a big body/...
    but along with that if u watch any alabama game you can see that that is all he has
    someone his size should be able to get some kind of push when all he does is sit there and take up space
    talent-wise he is at best a late-5th rounder
    and on top of that....nosetackle is the only position on the DL we dont need to address as we have jenkins returning and pouha played great for us down the stretch last year

That pic Ham posted is scaring me off.

if we waste either of our first 2 picks on him its a failure of a draft

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    You mean this one

Muh-man has bigger breasts than Aunt Jamima

^
    Is this what you want in your first rounder?

BTW, who told him to wear such tight shorts?

He looks like two pounds of baloney in a one pound bag

he looks like hes gonna eat his way out of the league before his rookie year ends

+1. All Mt. Cody is is a mass. He has no reason statistically why he should be a late 1st-early 2nd. Last year he only had 28 tackles all year. Jenkins probably had way more in 5 1/2 games that Cody had in 12 games

I've come to terms with the fact that we're drafting Everson Griffen and I'm totally OK with that...

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    I've come to terms with the fact that we're drafting Everson Griffen and I'm totally OK with that...
    But does Griffen make it to 29? I have no problem with him, Graham or Kindle.

but along with that if u watch any alabama game you can see that that is all he has
    If that was true at all, I might agree with you. Anyone who watched Alabama while Cody was there, especially as the season went on this year, saw a player who was growing into a monster on the football field. And not just at the NT...Saban expanded his role and Cody responded. That's a f*cking player....Not some random dude from East Carolina who half assed most of his college career, turned in a good workout, and is now, for whatever reason, a favorite JI pick in the FIRST round.

I'm getting tired of hearing that a non-model body and a picture with his shirt off is "proof" that he's not a good player. Who in their right f*cking mind was sitting there going "man, I fully expect Terrence Cody and his 350 pounds to be svelte?" Who even judges players based on that?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-17-2010 at 11:17 PM.

WOW! He really doesn't look like a committed gym rat! He may be a athletic freak but he also has to be dedicated to improving to make it at the next level.

Practice Squad
    when I saw the thread title I thought you would be talking about the Mets game tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by babyknight View Post
    when I saw the thread title I thought you would be talking about the Mets game tonight.
    actually you mean this "afternoon"

and yes, they are in the top of the 19th inning still tied 0-0. The Cardinals had third baseman Felipe Lopez pitch the 18th and have now replaced him with outfielder/3rd baseman Joe Mather in the 19th inning...

Hopefully he walks about 8 guys and puts this mess out of it's misery
    Last edited by sg3; 04-17-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Veteran
    I'm fine with drafting Cody. It will probably take him a year or two to be effective and the motor of any man, 350lbs is always in question, that's a lot of weight to drag around.

A nose tackle, stripped to the waist should look like a sumo wrestler with man boobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    if we waste either of our first 2 picks on him its a failure of a draft
    How many drafts have you headed up?

If Rex wants him and you don't, why should anyone, anywhere think that you know better?

Jets Insider VIP
    You mean this one

Muh-man has bigger breasts than Aunt Jamima

Thanks for the mammories...

Aren't man-boobs a primary symptom of juicing?

And if that's his body *after* juicing...

At 29 I can live with Cody

If we don't sign Taylor I would prefer a olb at 29.we need to put more heat on the qb

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    +1. All Mt. Cody is is a mass. He has no reason statistically why he should be a late 1st-early 2nd. Last year he only had 28 tackles all year. Jenkins probably had way more in 5 1/2 games that Cody had in 12 games
    And when the day arrives where comparing NFL stats to college stats is meaningful, this will be relevant.

I am all for drafting Cody. I wanted him on the Jets from the first moment I saw him play. I am an Alabama fan of 18 years, and they would not have had a chance to win the national championship this year without Cody's 2 huge blocked field goals against Tennessee. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292970333
    Say what you want about his weight, the beast makes plays. Saban also used him like the Fridge in goal-line situations. Nose tackles are supposed to be fat to take on 2 blockers, so the linebackers can make all the plays. I think he would be a guy to eventually replace Jenkins, and may be able to play at defensive end until Jenkins retires.

All League
    You mean this one

Muh-man has bigger breasts than Aunt Jemima
    Which Jemima? The old or the new?

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ide...ima_before.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PZNSNhSbX-...0/Jemima+Today

The new one never flaunts anything in her photos