Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets play....... Guess the trade up

All Pro
    if we trade up.. the top 5 players we trade up for will be

ERIC BERRY (FS/CB)
    EARL THOMAS (FS/CB)
    DAN WILLIAMS (NT/DE)
    BRANDON GRAHAM (DE/OLB)
    ROLANDO MCCLAIN (ILB)---- MOVES BART SCOTT TO (OLB)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    if we trade up.. the top 5 players we trade up for will be

ERIC BERRY (FS/CB)
    EARL THOMAS (FS/CB)
    DAN WILLIAMS (NT/DE)
    BRANDON GRAHAM (DE/OLB)
    ROLANDO MCCLAIN (ILB)---- MOVES BART SCOTT TO (OLB)
    I don't see a tradeup for a Safety. Lots of good options in the late 2nd round (Burnett, Jones and Allen - at least one should almost certainly be there). That leaves Williams and the LBs and I agree those are the only names that even could make any sense. I just don't see the compelling value in trading up unless one of them slips significantly below where they should.

Any of them would be value if they drop to 21, so would could go ahead of NE to get him (CIN). If we don't do that (as I expect we wouldn't) the next logical place is to trade with PHI at 24 to get ahead of BAL. That trade seems the most plausible as I can't see any of them dropping past there.

It would probably take our 2nd round pick to swap with Philly and I just don't see that happening. So yeah, I'm breaking the rule, but I truly don't see any trade-up barring an extraordinarily unexpected opportunity that somehow, ATL, HOU, NE, GB, and BAL all missed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    sorry....Jets trade up six slots for Odrick and give up a second in 2011....otherwise stand pat for McCourty...
    Hopefully the latter....

i think they'll stay at 29 and take best defensive player available, be it DE, DT or CB. then they'll adjust on day 2 and there's a much higher chance they'll trade up in the 2nd round to get a player they want at a position they didn't draft with their first rounder. it's much cheaper and teams may be more willing to move around.

Veteran
    if we do trade it will be up from 29 to 16-21 ahead of the pats and grab Graham, and i ill cry with happiness.

animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Aight fellas. Its almost that time. Everyone loves to do a mock draft and guess who there team is going to pick. As jet fans, history tells us that tanny will not stay put and will trade up to get the guy we want.

So, predict the trade up on thursday. The team we trade with, what we give up and who we take. Ill start

tanny gets on the phone with Holmgren and send our 1st this year, 1st next year and a 4th rounder to clevland and we take eric berry.
    Jets trade up with steelers . They trade QB Mark Sanchez for Qb Big Ben . (obviously we know why the steelers made that trade) At 18 jets draft De Brandon Graham .

Veteran
    IF Earl Thomas slips to 19, and that's a big if, the Jets trade up. They give #29 and #61 to slide into Atlanta's spot ahead of Houston and take Thomas.

All Pro
    TRADE UP: Move #29 and the 4th Cincy for #21 to take Graham ahead of New England.

TRADE DOWN: Philly gives #37 and #87 for #29 to take Taylor Mays. Jets take Linval Joseph at 37, Morgan Burnett at 61 and Thaddeus Gibson at 87.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 04-19-2010 at 12:42 AM.

All Pro
    I'm with the others in thinking we're not moving up this year, but... if we did

The trade up to #21 to take Graham, thats the only player i could envision us making a play on. No one else realistically close to us is worth it.

All League
    I agree that we trade with San Fran to move up to 17 and take Graham. we will give our 1st, 4th and hopefully the Ghost but since that probably won't work I think we give up our 1st, 4th and Bryan Thomas.

if they move up

it will be for graham

but they might not need to move up

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jets trade up with steelers . They trade QB Mark Sanchez for Qb Big Ben . (obviously we know why the steelers made that trade) At 18 jets draft De Brandon Graham .
    Can we stop the madness now. This fantasy has finally gone too far. I know this is all make believe, but it should at least be plausible. Why would the Jets invest all that they have so far in making Sanchez the face of the franchise and turn around and trade him for a guy who came close to being the face in a mug shot book? To draft Graham? This guy had better be the next Bruce Smith to make a move like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    Can we stop the madness now. This fantasy has finally gone too far. I know this is all make believe, but it should at least be plausible. Why would the Jets invest all that they have so far in making Sanchez the face of the franchise and turn around and trade him for a guy who came close to being the face in a mug shot book? To draft Graham? This guy had better be the next Bruce Smith to make a move like that.
    Don't think it would happen myself , but if the goal is the superbowl in 2010. (break the long superbowl drought)

What Qb- Big Ben or Mark Sanchez is more ready RIGHT NOW to take a team to the superbowl. Again there will be alot of pressure on Mark Sanchez next year. The expectations are so high for Sanchez and the Jets offense. Thats alot of pressure on a second year Qb.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Don't think it would happen myself , but if the goal is the superbowl in 2010. (break the long superbowl drought)

What Qb- Big Ben or Mark Sanchez is more ready RIGHT NOW to take a team to the superbowl. Again there will be alot of pressure on Mark Sanchez next year. The expectations are so high for Sanchez and the Jets offense. Thats alot of pressure on a second year Qb.
    More than not believing that it would happen, I would not want it to happen. It is not like the Jets have Kellen at QB. Instead we have a promising young QB. How many great players would have been traded if a team feared having a second year QB face pressure? Frankly, if a QB can't handle pressure he shouldn't be in the league. Also, remember Mark played for USC - a great football school that always had great expectations on them. IMO the kid will thrive with the bright lights on.

If they had the choice, do you think that The Falcons would have wanted Vick back after Ryan's first season? Who has had a bigger drought, the Jets or Falcons? I think that Atlanta would have chosen to stick with their current QB than to bring back the knuckle head. Certainly Vick was closer to to being Superbowl ready than Ryan. I would rather keep my young gun (drought and all) than to bring in a guy who has been accused of being a sexual predator on more than one occassion.