Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: NFL.com video on Greg Hardy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL.com video on Greg Hardy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...dy-Mississippi

No, when they say he's good at anchoring that doesn't mean he might project to 3-4 DE. It's possible actually in the Ellis/Pryce mold, but the moves well for a dude that big and he wants to play OLB. He kind of reminds me of Calvin Pace. Should settle into a playing weight of 265 or so. Steal in the 3rd.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 02:17 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To bad the Jets don't have a 3rd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Hardy will be there in the 4th. Dude showed up for the combine about 15 pounds overweight. That has to be having a lot of GMs concerned about his commitment.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to pick up Hardy with our 4th. I think he'd do well in our system in a couple of years and he'll have time to be groomed because he doesn't have that "picked in the first round" pressure. On a side note, I hate how NFL.com is doing these videos. A majority of the clips just show Hardy making the tackle behind the line. They don't show what he does to get free to make the tackle, they're just showing the tackle. Stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    I think Hardy will be there in the 4th. Dude showed up for the combine about 15 pounds overweight. That has to be having a lot of GM’s concerned about his commitment.
    He wasn't moving like a dude 15 pounds overweight.

Weeztie...agree...the beauty of watching Hardy play is seeing how he gets rid of his blockers or simply just ignores them. In his legendary game against Alabama back in '07 when stopping a run play he threw himself right into the pile and pulled the RB down by his legs with like 2-3 other guys around/on top him.

Hardy, for those who don't know, was the guy nicknamed "The Freak" in the Blind Side. Just a top athlete and player for a very long time...
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 08:05 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If hes there in the 4th, go get him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be a team that gambles and takes him in the 3rd I bet.....wouldnt mind if we somehow traded up with our 4th for him.....big fan of SEC defensive talent, and he's worth the so called risks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...dy-Mississippi

No, when they say he's good at anchoring that doesn't mean he might project to 3-4 DE. It's possible actually in the Ellis/Pryce mold, but the moves well for a dude that big and he wants to play OLB. He kind of reminds me of Calvin Pace. Should settle into a playing weight of 265 or so. Steal in the 3rd.

Hardy and Ogho are both ghey