Thread: Corey Wootton - DE - Northwestern

Veteran

Corey Wootton - DE - Northwestern

How do you all feel about this guy?

He went to bosco, i know him personally, great kid, awesome personality.

He is huge at 6'7 270 LBS, with a frame that can add much more.

He can deff play at the 3-4 DE position if he adds about 15 lbs and can be had between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

here is is prospect page

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=de

would love him with our second round pick or if we traded out of the first round down about 15 spots.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    would love him with our second round pick or if we traded out of the first round down about 15 spots.
    i really dont see us trading out of the first round. But if we nabbed a OLB in the first and then somehow grabbed Wooten in the 2nd i would be ecstatic.

Will be hard to manage though, because if we trade up in the first to nab Pierre-Paul or Graham then we most likely wont have a 2nd.

Or, if we do stay put in the 1st, Wooten may not make it to our pick, so we might have to package something (clemens, washington, ect)

if he slips to us in the second round it will be b/c of his knee issues.

I read a few places that he is actually being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Anyone else hear this? I thought he was a DE in a 3-4 for sure as he is probably still going to fill out his frame.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfaneh View Post
    I read a few places that he is actually being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Anyone else hear this? I thought he was a DE in a 3-4 for sure as he is probably still going to fill out his frame.
    too slow for 3-4 OLB

Would love him as a developmental 3-4 DE in the 2nd, but really he's proooooobably closer to a 3rd rounder. I do think we can afford to "overdraft" guys more than others, and I always think it's a good idea to grab what you want rather than play b*tch to what might be consensus opinion.

[QUOTE=nycuse;3564270]would love him with our second round pick or if we traded out of the first round down about 15 spots.[/QUOTE

how about these picks for the jets
    1-everson griffen
    2-corey wooten

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3564557]
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    would love him with our second round pick or if we traded out of the first round down about 15 spots.[/QUOTE

how about these picks for the jets
    1-everson griffen
    2-corey wooten
    that would be awesome, but i doubt griffen falls to us.