Thread: Cromartie Vs Marshall On NFL Net work right now

Cromartie Vs Marshall On NFL Net work right now

From Oct. 19th, 2009. Lets just say I'm glad we have Revis.

Edit--LT Makes a few nice runs in this game and throws a nice stiff arm against SD. I think he'll be fine with our o line.
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 04-18-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Remember the Chargers played zone, Cromartie's strengths are in man. But yeah we have our shutdown guy in Revis.

Of course they play zone. There are a few times that he's played press in this game and all I can say is wow. If he brings that to the Jets...we miight break an NFL record for passing D.

Banned
    Any footage of Cro against Bess or Camrillo? That's what we're really going to end up seeing.

You won't see much of Cro just following one receiver around. They also had Jammer and from the looks of things, were pretty steady on keeping those two corners on their respective sides.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3564314]Any footage of Cro against Bess or Camrillo? That's what we're really going to end up seeing.[/QUOTE]

Understood. Your missing the point-The idea was to see how he played against a top 3-5 receiver in the most recent season who just so happens to be in in his division now. Cro is better than Bess/Camarillo do we really need to see that ovious "footage"?or do you just like......

He handled Eddie Royal who I feel is a better Wr than the fins not named marshall.

Banned
    [QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;3564329]Understood. Your missing the point-The idea was to see how he played against a top 3-5 receiver in the most recent season who just so happens to be in in his division now. Cro is better than Bess/Camarillo do we really need to see that ovious "footage"?or do you just like......

He handled Eddie Royal who I feel is a better Wr than the fins not named marshall.[/QUOTE]

Cro is hit or miss as a #1 CB. I think he will excel as a #2 and is an upgrade over Lito.

Who cares?

Revis is covering Marshall for us...

[QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;3564336]Who cares?

Revis is covering Marshall for us...[/QUOTE]

+1
    No way is Ryan going to take a chance of having Revis shift off of Marshall when he is the [B][I]ONLY[/I][/B] receiving threat the fish have.

I f-ing love our CBs... I really like Lowery as a #3 as well. I am a little worried about FS, but I hated Rhodes but his soft playing style prevented big plays, which is my only concern. Hopefully Cromartie will make up for whatever drop off we might have in deep coverage.

[QUOTE=hatnlvr;3564456]+1
    No way is Ryan going to take a chance of having Revis shift off of Marshall when he is the [B][I]ONLY[/I][/B] receiving threat the fish have.[/QUOTE]

Hatrluvr,

No one in their right mind thinks that and the intent of this thread thread was not to infer that marshall would be up against Cromartie, rather allow us fans to see this CB and him play (it is the offseason, and as fan I'm excited about our acquistions) because alot of us didn't follow him and who better to see him against since he didnt play fitz or AJ but Marshall? So chill out and stop hatin-hatr:D

Jets Insider VIP
    nobody is going to amass big yardage with either of their #1 or #2 receivers. And with the Rhodes Hole (#17 at St Andrews) closed permanently, it will be tough on slot receivers and TE's too.

watch him cover reggie wayne...

cromartie is a man to man corner. the past 2 seasons he played zone coverage mostly, and usually he gave receivers a 10-15 yard cushion. thats what the coaches asked him to do. now he goes back to man to man coverage, bump and run, sticking close to the receivers at all times. i think he will dominate the guys hes covering when he does that. like i said go watch him cover wayne man to man. manning had nowhere to throw the ball to