Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody think we will draft a RB at some point

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

anybody think we will draft a RB at some point

i love what i saw from Greene i think he is going to be a beast for a long time... but we definitely have to question his durability a little bit.... as much as a i like the signing of LT for screens and 10-12 carries a game i still do not think he can carry the load if Greene got injured... and as far as leon in concerned we have no idea how he will come back from his injury or if he will be on this team opening day....so it comes back to my question does anybody think we take a RB at some point in this draft an if so any suggestions who?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    With our offense, it would be a smart thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering Greene is banged up and old for a second year back I could def see this team drafting another ground and pound rb..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if the opportunity presents itself the Jets will look for a scat back to replace Leon/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    u guys have any suggestions... i think we would be looking for more of a ground and pound over a scat back at this poing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    u guys have any suggestions... i think we would be looking for more of a ground and pound over a scat back at this poing

LeGarrette Blount If he doesn't punch that guy from Boise State, he's a top 5 back in this draft, maybe top 3. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Jacobs coming out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lonya Miller/Fresno State about round five....

James Starks/Buffalo a frame later could be a huge steal depending on the long term health of his shoulder......

Keith Toston/Oklahoma State in the late rounds is also a consideration....

Andre Anderson/Tulane also had shoulder issues but is worth a look as an UDFA...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. LT is a 1 or 2 yr rental. Can't stand pat with just Greene and Leon. We'll draft another power back this year just in case Greene's durability isn't what it should be, and another shifty runner to replace LT down the line.

We'll learn something about Chauncey Washington this pre-season I think. Woodhead is gonna have a problem sticking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum sounded iffy on Leon coming back next season, I could see him being moved before the season starts. Maybe move up a few spots in the 2nd if McCluster is on the board

1. Devin McCourty
    2. Dexter McCluster
    4. Austen Lane

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It never hurts to draft draft a RB.

DL/OL/Running game...the easiest way to build a decent team. Might a well maintain our strengths from last year that got us where we are. I don't trust Greene's durability all that much. He's a 3rd down back with starting running back's size right now.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love what i saw from Greene i think he is going to be a beast for a long time... but we definitely have to question his durability a little bit.... as much as a i like the signing of LT for screens and 10-12 carries a game i still do not think he can carry the load if Greene got injured... and as far as leon in concerned we have no idea how he will come back from his injury or if he will be on this team opening day....so it comes back to my question does anybody think we take a RB at some point in this draft an if so any suggestions who?
    jets are set at r.b.with greene, tomlinson, and washington.there is no way that they draft a r.b. they might draft a fullback.being that richardson is nearing retirement.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think if we dont get a defensive player in round 1 i think its gonna be golden tate...just my opinion

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum sounded iffy on Leon coming back next season, I could see him being moved before the season starts. Maybe move up a few spots in the 2nd if McCluster is on the board

1. Devin McCourty
    2. Dexter McCluster
    4. Austen Lane
    Great post, I like the thinking here...

I'm thinking safety in the 2nd round, but why not, maybe Leon has only one more year in green. I believe I've read that Tannenbaum loves McCluster somewhere... Love the first round pick too, he's the top guy on my wish list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    LeGarrette Blount If he doesn't punch that guy from Boise State, he's a top 5 back in this draft, maybe top 3. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Jacobs coming out.
    where is blount being projected right now... hes a bad bad man!! i watched him a lot being on the west coast

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    jets are set at r.b.with greene, tomlinson, and washington.there is no way that they draft a r.b. they might draft a fullback.being that richardson is nearing retirement.
    Washington is a 3rd down back, lt is a 3rd down back. Washington coming off a bad injury, could be moved before the season. I say they want a back up with a bit more size and pounding running style. So in other words,.. yes way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Washington is a 3rd down back, lt is a 3rd down back. Washington coming off a bad injury, could be moved before the season. I say they want a back up with a bit more size and pounding running style. So in other words,.. yes way.
    i agree 100%... if its not in draft which i expect it will be than we will pick up somebody that gets cut.... this team is not going into the season with what we have...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they move Washington, they will replace him with that pick.
    I don't think they are picking ANY offensive players in the draft. The Jets are set at every offensive position.
    You know the Jets are only going to allocate 24 roster spots (at MOST probably) to the offense. Run the numbers and names by position. Who goes at what position and why?
    8 OL, 3 TE, 5-6 WR, 3 QB, 1 FB, 3 RB
    Defense- 7 DL, 9 LB, 10 DB = 26 minimum

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    where is blount being projected right now... hes a bad bad man!! i watched him a lot being on the west coast

As early as the late third to the early 5th I'm thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have to admit i am a huge fan of ryan matthews...

he's the whole package. explodes thru the line, tremendous vision and ability to change direction using it, speed and acceleration, size, good hands. etc etc

lokks like he's trending higher but if he fell to us...man that is killer value

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe 100% that we draft a RB this week.