Thread: What are the chances......

What are the chances......

If Derrick Morgan slips to around the mid-first round...i think it would be a fantastic move to trade up about 15 or so spots and draft him
    He has the best combo or runstuffing and passrushing skills in this draft of players not named suh and has the fram to add some bulk and 15-20 lbs to get up to around 280-285 making him a near unstoppable 34 DE

I know that many people don't see Morgan as an OLB, but his hips are more than capable of handling the move to OLB. His strength at the point of attack is very good and seems to always be around the ball, and add the fact that he can rush the passer and you potentially have a great player. I have never really liked the idea of bulking players up 15-20 lbs, just because i haven't seen many positives from it in the past, but there are exceptions. I would like to add Morgan to the team but would rather wait around our current 1st round pick and get Jerry Hughes, Brian Price, Brandon Graham, or Everson Griffin.

I can't see the Jets giving up that much to move up and draft a conversion guy. I don't see the Jets even considering moving up for a falling player until we hit the 20s. I see a trade down as a much more likely scenario. Would you be happy with Derrick Morgan being your entire draft?

All League
    Look at the trade partners. At 15 and 16 if he's still there, you have to believe the Giants or Titans take him. We would have to get to 13 or 14/49ers, Seahawks. It's so tough to call at this point. But I do like him as a player.

All Pro
    we would never be able to reap the full benefits of a Morgan in our system. not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThinkingJet View Post
    I know that many people don't see Morgan as an OLB, but his hips are more than capable of handling the move to OLB. His strength at the point of attack is very good and seems to always be around the ball, and add the fact that he can rush the passer and you potentially have a great player. I have never really liked the idea of bulking players up 15-20 lbs, just because i haven't seen many positives from it in the past, but there are exceptions. I would like to add Morgan to the team but would rather wait around our current 1st round pick and get Jerry Hughes, Brian Price, Brandon Graham, or Everson Griffin.
    im not saying to move him to OLB
    i think if he bulks up he can be an unstoppable 34 DE which is more of a need than OLB

Quote Originally Posted by TheThinkingJet View Post
    Agree.

And although Morgan has a lot of things to like, he's not THAT much better of a prospect than guys like Graham, Griffen, and Hughes. He's definitely going to go higher, but he's not a can't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    im not saying to move him to OLB
    i think if he bulks up he can be an unstoppable 34 DE which is more of a need than OLB
    I know you wanted to move him to DE im just saying OLB would probably be a better position for him in a 3-4 defense.