Thread: If I'm Mike Tannenbaum, There Are Only Two Players who are Worth Trading Up For...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm Mike Tannenbaum, There Are Only Two Players who are Worth Trading Up For...

1) Brandon Graham. If Graham falls to the middle of the first round, I expect Tannenbaum to pull the trigger and move up for the pass rusher we desperately need. Even the potential addition of Jason Taylor doesn't solve our long-term need for an outside pass-rusher.

2) Kyle Wilson. If Wilson is on the board at #19 and Graham is not, I can see Tannenbaum calling Atlanta to move up for Wilson. Rex Ryan wants more depth at CB, and Wilson is a good bump and run corner that will fit Rex's scheme perfectly.

If he can't pull off a trade for either of these two, I believe Devin McCourtney will be the pick at #29. If he's not there, I expect a trade down.

JMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't put Graham on that list because I think there are a few guys who will become as good, or even better than Graham. Just happen to like Griffen and Hughes a lot.

Agree on Wilson though... You really want a corner, you move up to get him. If not, take Cox later on imo.

But I would add Dan Williams. dan is exactly what our defense needs to be top 5 in the league against the run. Would also help out in other areas. If he doesn't go to Miami, there is a chance that he really begins to fall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    we're not trading up for a corner... geez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Kyle Wilson is going to be a very good player... Dude is physical, has GREAT hips although they are not quite what Revis has. Is the rare type of guy who could handle the Welkers of the world.

But I agree... We aren't trading up anyway, but I would think hard about him. And Dan Williams.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only guy who i want want to trade up for is Eric Berry

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Graham or Earl Thomas

possibly even Hughes....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Kyle Wilson is going to be a very good player... Dude is physical, has GREAT hips although they are not quite what Revis has. Is the rare type of guy who could handle the Welkers of the world.

But I agree... We aren't trading up anyway, but I would think hard about him. And Dan Williams.
    I agree, i love wilson. Before the cromartie move i was a blow hard. If he's there at #29, i'd have no concerns with him. But trading up was the italicized words there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't anyone in this draft I would feel compelled to trade up for, particularly not Eric Berry, who I wouldn't even take if I had a pick in the top 10, much less pay the price of moving up there for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd trade up to the middle of round 1 for Graham and I'd also trade up for Kindle if Graham is gone and he fell past the Pats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devin McCourty at 29 bank on it. Guy is home grown, plays bump and run very well, but most importantly is a special teams standout as well, both return and coverage. I read that Westphal had him in for a talk. After losing ace W Wright in free agency, he would help fill that void, thus throwing Mike W a bone and giving Rex another good bump and run corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not big on trading up this year, but if Eric Berry hits double digits, or Earl Thomas is in the 20's, I'd have to at least put in a phone call and see what the price would be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Devin McCourty at 29 bank on it. Guy is home grown, plays bump and run very well, but most importantly is a special teams standout as well, both return and coverage. I read that Westphal had him in for a talk. After losing ace W Wright in free agency, he would help fill that void, thus throwing Mike W a bone and giving Rex another good bump and run corner.
    after Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson, the remaining CB's are interchangable. In my view, McCourty at #29 is an overdraft. Prefer not to try to meet special teams needs, via a Round 1 selection

why not trade down, and then take Perish Cox, Kareem Jackson, etc ???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    of course not...