Thread: AFTER MORE FILM REVIEW: FINAL MOCK DRAFT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow AFTER MORE FILM REVIEW: FINAL MOCK DRAFT

OK last mock draft. If you read it please give some feedback.

I see the trade coming because I think all the big guns the jets like are going to be gone.

****TRADE****
    The Jets trade down to #36 with the KC Chiefs. The Jets get #36 in the 2nd round and #102 in the 4th round from KC. Chiefs want to get up to get their true Nose Guard in MT.Cody.

ROUND #2a. JASON WORILDS OLB/DE VA.TECH 6'1 244LBS. After watching some more film I changed my pick from Nate Allen to Worilds. I just love the way this kid gets off the ball. I see a little of John Abe in him with the way he gets off the snap. I like him better than Hughes and even Kindle as far as pure speed off the edge.(Kindle is a overall better player but). Needs to work on staying home when the play goes away but my hope would be that he is given no other job than to just raise hell in the backfield.

ROUND #2b. BRANDON SPIKES MLB FLORIDA 6'2 250LBS. I think it is such crap if this kid is really falling down draft boards. But if so we NEED to take him. Nasty smasher who runs well from sideline to sideline. Already has a chip on his shoulder and with Rex and Bart teaching this kid he could be our next great one.

ROUND #3.(WR BRAYLON EDWARDS)sweet

ROUND #4a. ARTHUR JONES DE/DT SYRACUSE 6'4 300LBS. Jones could be a super pick in the 4th round or he could blow. He has good quicks and feet for a big man. Really reminds me of Ellis when he was at Tenn. He slips a bit because of the good depth at DT and because he was dinged up as a senior.

ROUND#4b. MYRON LEWIS CB VANDY 6'1 205LBS. I think some really good CBs will fall into the 4th round. So many good ones this year that we could get a nice player. Lewis is a smooth cover player who can also see some time at safety. His good size will help with matching up with taller WRs.

ROUND #5. (WR SANTONIO HOLMES) sweet

ROUND #6. TRINDON HOLLIDAY WR/RB/RS LSU 5'5 165LBS. I know the kid is 5'5 but I don't care. This kid is as quick and fast as any player on the field. He plays much bigger than his size and does not shy away from contact. With Leon Washington's status with the team up in the air Holliday will give us the explosive return ability we could lose if Leon moves on or is not the same after the injury. I would give this guy a shot to catch some balls out of the slot.

ROUND #7. CREZDON BUTLER CB CLEMSON 5'11 185LBS. Another CB for Rex to play with. The kid is smart and makes few mistakes.

Not every need covered but remember Tanny brings in players as UDFAs,cut picks from other teams and so on. He will patch the holes that we miss in this draft.

Some Undrafted players we bring in-
    CODY GRIMM SS V.Tech-Russ's kid is a Rex player. Tough and will be a special teams star.
    TRAVIS IVEY DT MARYLAND. Lots of big men in this draft and some will slip through the cracks(6'4 330lbs)
    JOSH HULL ILB PENN ST. The other LB from Penn St.
    DARIAN STEWART SS So.Caro
    DENNIS LANDOLT OT PENN.ST
    REGGIE CARTER ILB UCLA
    JAVARRIS JAMES RB MIAMI
    VAN ESKRIDGE FS E.CARO

J-E-T-S BABY !!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad, but I don't like the Spikes pick.

Jets are loaded at ILB, and Spikes is strictly an ILB, who will probably only be a 2 down player in the NFL.

It doesn't make sense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Not bad, but I don't like the Spikes pick.

Jets are loaded at ILB, and Spikes is strictly an ILB, who will probably only be a 2 down player in the NFL.

It doesn't make sense.
    The reason I like the Spikes pick is that he was at one point being talked about as a mid first round pick. He runs a bad 40 and now he can't play. We had a great backfield last year and took Green. And god forbid we lose Bart or Harris. Who is next up at MLB that can play? To good of a player not to take him at the very end of round #2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    The reason I like the Spikes pick is that he was at one point being talked about as a mid first round pick. He runs a bad 40 and now he can't play. We had a great backfield last year and took Green. And god forbid we lose Bart or Harris. Who is next up at MLB that can play? To good of a player not to take him at the very end of round #2.
    I think we are very deep at ILB

After Scott and Harris, you have Westerman and Cummings. I also think we have a couple of young guys that could make the team in Ezra Butler and/or Josh Mauga.

We need OLB/pass rusher, CB, DE and S on defense.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    i honestly think thatr we dont take that many d players....i think there is an O lineman or rb in the mix...shonn is our guy but lat is not gonna be around for long and if leon is gonna continue the nonsense next year we deff have to get another guy in the backfield...i like wr pick but i see us going after jordan shipley for our wes welker type....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    i honestly think thatr we dont take that many d players....i think there is an O lineman or rb in the mix...shonn is our guy but lat is not gonna be around for long and if leon is gonna continue the nonsense next year we deff have to get another guy in the backfield...i like wr pick but i see us going after jordan shipley for our wes welker type....
    I think it will be a Defense heavy draft. But you are right. If a Off player of great value falls I can see them going that way.(RB or OL)
    Last edited by VERMONT JET; 04-20-2010 at 07:35 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Film Review?

You mean watching highlight tapes on youtube?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HooJC View Post
    You mean watching highlight tapes on youtube?
    This I agree with... youtube is not the same as watching the games. TJ Duckett looks like a beast running back if you guy by highlight films on youtube. It's about seeing the player on every play.

But I do appreciate the research. Some people come on here and spout off based on opinions that they have read from other sources. That is the worst case scenario.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    This I agree with... youtube is not the same as watching the games. TJ Duckett looks like a beast running back if you guy by highlight films on youtube. It's about seeing the player on every play.

But I do appreciate the research. Some people come on here and spout off based on opinions that they have read from other sources. That is the worst case scenario.
    No! I watch a mad amount of CFB and have a DVR full of games. What I cant keep on the DVR I record. Do I watch film on youtube? Sure. But I dont just watch highlight films.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Even with Taylor on the club I would not change anything in my draft. Can I get a little feedback from some of the draft forum big dogs? Ham,Bit etc?