Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michiganís Graham to Gang Green: Iím no Gholston

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Sounds kind of like an a-hole.
    He and Bart Scott will get along great then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this comment is more about michigan/ohio st rivalry than anything else
    ORLY?

Then why did Graham say he was almost as good as David Harris?

As a counterpoint I saw an interview with Suh last night. An intelligent, thoughtful and well spoken person.
    Very positive and he has already committed $2.5 million to Nebraska to help improve the training facility and provide financial aid for future athletes. More of this kind of guy is needed.

All Pro
    way to make a situation awkward if he was drafted here...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    If Graham signs with a team and becomes the leader of the best defense in the nfl he can talk all the **** he wants about OTHER teams/players. You really think Scott is an ahole? I think he's funny...aka joking half the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I know you were trying to be funny, but Scott isn't an ahole to teammates. Graham comes off like he would be.

All Pro
    It probably wouldn't keep me from drafting the guy, but he could sell himself without bashing a potential future teammate. Doesn't show particularly good judgment.

I think some of you are overreacting to his comments, probably took it the wrong way. I think he sounds confident and believes he'll be a impact player year 1.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    ORLY?

Then why did Graham say he was almost as good as David Harris?
    he also said he wants to show Harris how much his game has grown.. which tells me he looks up to Harris especially when you use words like inspired.

as for the Gholsfon comment who cares? I'm sure Gholston won't... dude don't even care if he is starter or not.. doubt he shows enough emotion to be effected by Grahams comments.

+1

Nothing wrong with what he said and I'm sure if we heard it and didn't read it it was probably said with some humor.

Sounds cocky, but I think thats part of the fun with Michigan players.

Hall Of Fame
    actually, i think graham is defending the pick of a hybrid DE/OLB who may not have ideal size for the pros. there's still much debate on taking a hybrid that high, so he's trying to separate himself from the biggest hybrid bust in recent, and perhaps all of nfl draft history. that said, he could have used more tact.

just like last year, when sanchez was trying to distance himself from leinart. and truth, he does not seem at all like leinart, but sanchez was trying to get drafted, and lots of money is at stake.

Veteran
    Brandon Graham is a prospect who slips out of top ten consideration because he's an inch and a half shorter than what scouts consider "pefect size" for an 34 OLB, and his arms aren't long enough for their liking

When this guys is producing 10+ sacks a year on the next level, it's going to sound pretty stupid hearing scouts/GM's say "hey, he was a shade under 6'2, and we didn't like the lengths of his arms" as the reason why they didn't pick him.

It's not like he's 5'10 for crying out loud.

Rookie
    He's just a kid and kids say stupid things sometimes. Way outa' line with the Ghoston comments. He should leave that to the fans.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    That is exactly how I took it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    It probably wouldn't keep me from drafting the guy, but he could sell himself without bashing a potential future teammate. Doesn't show particularly good judgment.
    If we do draft Graham, 2 things(not saying the ONLY things) could happen....

1. He will preform well and up to his words, become our pass rusher we are missing... and in the process quicken the process of getting rid of Ghoston and his disasterous contract.

2. Doubtfull, but, he could push Ghoston to maybe play harder and maybe we get 2 great pass rushers out of the deal....

Niether of which would bother me at all.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro22 View Post
    he also said he wants to show Harris how much his game has grown.. which tells me he looks up to Harris especially when you use words like inspired.

as for the Gholsfon comment who cares? I'm sure Gholston won't... dude don't even care if he is starter or not.. doubt he shows enough emotion to be effected by Grahams comments.
    well said on both counts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

What a d-bag

All Pro
    He comes across as childish in his interview and I'm sure that he is going to regret the words he used, that said I'd be happy with him as our pick.

Unlike others, I think that there is a decent chance that he drops based on his measurables. There seems like alot of press out there right now about Jerry Hughes escalating up draft boards and may get picked earlier based on his potential even though he doesnt have the same production as Graham.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    That's the quote that sealed it for me. The rest can be taken as just "I won't be a bust" or "I understand the pressure on draft picks" - even the "everyone looks at him as a bust, and I understand that. He hasn't done anything" line could just be "I understand the expectations for first round picks"

But when you say "Player X has been there long enough" that's completely different. That's a pure shot at a guy who, if the Jets draft Graham, will be a teammate. Graham's competition, too, but also his teammate. Just completely wrong, IMO - and, based on my understanding of Rex's view of D as a team effort, it probably drove him way down the Jets board.

And Beerfish - Taylor's an ass. But I've never seen anyone call him selfish or a bad teammate.
    And from the above can you project to being selfish and a bad team mate from the Graham bit?

Taylor has abused the city, the fans, the team for years and years and people are falling all over themselves to show him love. A confident 20 something kid, simply speaks the truth and people are worried about it? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Edit: As for the comments about gholston, what he has said is mild sauce compared to 99% of things that the fans on here say about him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    And from the above can you project to being selfish and a bad team mate from the Graham bit?
    Yes. He's selling himself to the team by bashing a potential teammate. Does that really sound like a guy who will be willing to put himself second, his stats second, and the team first?

Taylor has abused the city, the fans, the team for years and years and people are falling all over themselves to show him love. A confident 20 something kid, simply speaks the truth and people are worried about it? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    Can't speak for anyone else, but for me - Taylor's an ass. I won't root for him as a person (though I'll happily take any production he gives the team). But him being an ass doesn't give me any reason to think he'll have a negative effect on the team in the locker room, or would be a bad teammate. Graham's comment, on the other hand . . .

Seems to me you're saying "Graham's OK, because he only insulted one of his potential teammates; Taylor's not, because he insulted the fans."

To me, it's the exact opposite.

Edit: As for the comments about gholston, what he has said is mild sauce compared to 99% of things that the fans on here say about him.
    None of whom are gholston's teammates.