Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madden 11 Trailer Debuts on Thursday Night

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    GREAT!Another year of being forced to play Madden who's gameplay hasn't really changed in 20 years!Thank God the owning of the exclusive NFL rights is almost up so we get some decent competition from another game maker like 2K Sports!
    When exactly does the exclusivity contract expire? 2K was ok, but Sony's NFL Gameday was badass back in the PS1 days. I remember EA scrapping Madded 96 altogether on the PS1 because when they saw NFL Gameday they felt the game couldn't compete.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to burst the excitement but the deal between EA and the NFL was extended about 2 years ago until then 2013 Super Bowl

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185880.html

If you don't like Madden, there is an alternative coming out this year called Backbreaker. I believe its coming out in May. But unlike many posters, I enjoy Madden. And believe Madden 10 was hands down better than 09.

For 60 bucks, I get my money out of it..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would prefer a Football Simulator, as opposed to the "looks simulator" of Madden.

I want games against the AI to be difficult, and end in realistic scores, with realistic stats, and realistic times.

I don't want to beat an AI 145 to 3, or better yet, have the AI rush for 400 yards because it outright cheats. I have never found Maddens AI to be particularly good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading a lot of complaints regarding AI.. I guess I rarely play against the AI and do mostly online stuff.. I had a blast with the addition of online leagues, with fantasy draft, in Madden 10. I'm hoping they build upon it.. As I recall I beat out a few Jet Fans to go undefeated and win it all Even when Eli Manning went down in week 6 with a career injury

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    When exactly does the exclusivity contract expire? 2K was ok, but Sony's NFL Gameday was badass back in the PS1 days. I remember EA scrapping Madded 96 altogether on the PS1 because when they saw NFL Gameday they felt the game couldn't compete.
    Thats true Gameday was great but something happened because the later editions were horrible for the PS2 and Sony stopped making it.Oh no Madden only to atleast 2014!Remember when you had 3 or 4 games to choose from!Greed killed everything!The 2K series had EA running scared so they bought the rights with total disregard for the fans!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Haha... asbolutely.

I remember the obvious "and here's where I fumble" crap and I seriously don't miss it. I'm so glad I just cut that game out of my life. I still yell and ***** at FIFA too but I think that game is so much better (fair play) than any sports game I've played. Plus the virtual pro aspect of the game is really cool.
    aka you're bad

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    Sorry to burst the excitement but the deal between EA and the NFL was extended about 2 years ago until then 2013 Super Bowl

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185880.html

If you don't like Madden, there is an alternative coming out this year called Backbreaker. I believe its coming out in May. But unlike many posters, I enjoy Madden. And believe Madden 10 was hands down better than 09.

For 60 bucks, I get my money out of it..
    '09 was merely a port of the XBOX version and it sucked!!! '10 is far better but they really do need to work out more realistic ratings and more frequent roster updates.