Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: get ur jerseys stitched

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

get ur jerseys stitched

it looks like if the jets cant work out a trade before the draft they will release faneca ellis and bthomas
    to me this cements a trade up for guard mike iupati

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    it looks like if the jets cant work out a trade before the draft they will release faneca ellis and bthomas
    to me this cements a trade up for guard mike iupati
    That is a pretty major thing to release those 3 guys, and it has been reported by a not so great news service.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am hoping we dont get rid of any of these players but this offseason it looks like anything can happen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    i am hoping we dont get rid of any of these players but this offseason it looks like anything can happen
    If we get rid of those players, I think the biggest thing is that Tanny is preparing for a very strict cap next year. He can avoid cap hell if he gets rid of those three players this year where there is no penalty for doing so.

My guess is the new CBA will be nothign like the current one, and much closer to the cap of 8 years ago where it was nearly impossible to pay anyone money.

It sucks for us when we finally have talent again. And it sucks for any major sports team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these players restructure their contracts just for the opportunity to stay on this championship caliber team

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait...this story is legit? I thought it was a joke. This would not be good. Perhaps Tanny is considering both the future cap and the need to resign our younger talent.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    Wait...this story is legit? I thought it was a joke. This would not be good. Perhaps Tanny is considering both the future cap and the need to resign our younger talent.
    yepp its legit
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/366662...s-player_news/

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would we release Ellis, even if we did draft a DE???? Isn't he in his last contract year??? If so, why not let him play out the contract then let him walk next season???

As for Thomas, If we get a pass rushing OLB, I'm almost sure he'll be the odd man out.

And same goes for Faneca if we get Iupati/Ducasse or another Guard... that would be a cap move, and a smart one seeing the future contracts of our young talent coming up in the next 2 years.

All in all, 1... maybe 2 of these 3 may really get released and/or traded, but I doubt all 3.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.