Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New England's multiple 2nd Rd Picks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

New England's multiple 2nd Rd Picks

Is anyone else concerned?

I keep reading that this draft is really deep. Furthermore, NE has been trading down for several years now. Just waiting for a deep draft.

I am a little concerned.

Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on who they pick. Always come down to that.

They have a draft of Odrick in the first round then I am thrilled. Same concept as Brace last year. Brace sucks, would suck in the NFL, and they moved up to take him. Now he sucks currently. That was great news.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There going to trade their 3 2's for 8 7's.

No but in all seriousness, I am definitely considered. They could easily get 3 impact players in that round.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    they had 3 second round picks last year as well

Patrick Chung
    Ron Brace
    Sebastian Vollmer

none is putting fear into my heart.

it's who you draft not the draft position.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IdRatherBPlaying View Post
    Is anyone else concerned?

I keep reading that this draft is really deep. Furthermore, NE has been trading down for several years now. Just waiting for a deep draft.

I am a little concerned.

Thoughts?
    No concernes here.... the Pats have sucked at drafting for a decade now... minus one lucky 6th rounder, and a video camera from the equasion and they are still the joke of the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't fear the Pats but they will come away with some very good players. I was the NE GM in the JetsInder mock draft and came away with these players in the 1st two rounds:

1-22 Sergio Kindle
    2-44 Jahvid Best
    2-47 Rob Gronkowski
    2-53 Lamarr Houston

Whether these were the best picks at the time is up for debate but the quality of players available through the 2nd round is really good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I don't fear the Pats but they will come away with some very good players. I was the NE GM in the JetsInder mock draft and came away with these players in the 1st two rounds:

1-22 Sergio Kindle
    2-44 Jahvid Best
    2-47 Rob Gronkowski
    2-53 Lamarr Houston

Whether these were the best picks at the time is up for debate but the quality of players available through the 2nd round is really good.
    Yes, see, this is my point. That is a great draft. I have seen mock drafts with some incredible players falling to them in the 2nd. Hughes, Joseph....

All I am saying is that this is a GREAT draft to have 4 2nd rounders.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post

Patrick Chung
    Ron Brace
    Sebastian Vollmer

They got Darius Butler in the second round as well. I'm not sure what it means that these guys don't put fear in your heart, but based on a 1-year body of work, Vollmer looks like a future pro bowler, Butler looks like a solid starter, Brace looks like a bust and the jury's still out on Chung.

I'd expect a similar mixed bag from the Pats' second round picks this year. I also think, based on recent history, that they will have either 2 or 4 second round picks when all is said and done rather than the 3 they currently have.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    No concernes here.... the Pats have sucked at drafting for a decade now... minus one lucky 6th rounder, and a video camera from the equasion and they are still the joke of the league.
    The Pats have hit and missed in the draft like every other team. Having 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft will almost definitely net them more than 1 future, longterm starter - that would be some real bad drafting to not meet that measured goal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team has done nothing without knowing the opposition's plays in advance. If you want to see the real Bellichick, look at him in Cleveland when he didn't have a video camera...or look at the playoff game last year when Brady appeared to be crying for four quarters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IdRatherBPlaying View Post
    Yes, see, this is my point. That is a great draft. I have seen mock drafts with some incredible players falling to them in the 2nd. Hughes, Joseph....

All I am saying is that this is a GREAT draft to have 4 2nd rounders.
    Kindle is going to bust, Best is an injury concern, along with Gronkowski.

I don't think much of Houston and he is an AWFUL fit for that system. Houston's best strength is his mobility which is totally useless in the NE 3-4.

I think the two best among those are Best and Gronkowski but both of them scare me with injury concerns.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    in my recent mock (to be posted soon) I have NE's first 4 picks looking like this..

1-Dez Bryant
    2-T. Alualu
    2-Tim Tebow (take JAX's first next year)
    2-Jason Worilds

For me the worst case scenario is them getting 2 guys like Hughes, Worilds, Kindle, Graham, collecting a first next year from a desperate team, and Landing a Best/Bryant calibre offensive playmaker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    This team has done nothing without knowing the opposition's plays in advance. If you want to see the real Bellichick, look at him in Cleveland when he didn't have a video camera...or look at the playoff game last year when Brady appeared to be crying for four quarters.
    sg3, please stop hacking into Timmyyyy's account.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    in my recent mock (to be posted soon) I have NE's first 4 picks looking like this..

1-Dez Bryant
    2-T. Alualu
    2-Tim Tebow (take JAX's first next year)
    2-Jason Worilds

For me the worst case scenario is them getting 2 guys like Hughes, Worilds, Kindle, Graham, collecting a first next year from a desperate team, and Landing a Best/Bryant calibre offensive playmaker.
    Bryant is freaking whacked. Alualu sucks in thier system. Worilds can become good although I dont' think he will.

I'd be upset if the Pats end up with Hughes, Graham, or collecting a first for next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Kindle is going to bust, Best is an injury concern, along with Gronkowski.

I don't think much of Houston and he is an AWFUL fit for that system. Houston's best strength is his mobility which is totally useless in the NE 3-4.

I think the two best among those are Best and Gronkowski but both of them scare me with injury concerns.
    And yet you love Price who some people are saying is tumbling down draft boards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bryant is freaking whacked. Alualu sucks in thier system. Worilds can become good although I dont' think he will.

I'd be upset if the Pats end up with Hughes, Graham, or collecting a first for next year.
    well you and me whole heartedly disagree on Bryant, but thats fine, and Alualu is a football player, he's not subject to schemes. Not saying his godzilla, but sh-lacking him with a system suck label is weak.

Above all, i'm sick of those dounces collecting high picks in following year draft....

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    And yet you love Price who some people are saying is tumbling down draft boards.
    Lol, ZING! ... you you coming off pretty self-righteous there '83

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

And it is possible that Hughes goes to the pats with their 2nd rd pick. I think i saw that in kirwan's mock draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not.

Belichick has to show he can consistently draft impact players, which he hasn't done in a long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post

Patrick Chung
    Ron Brace
    Sebastian Vollmer

Not for nothing but Chung looked good in limited action and should start this year...Vollmer was their 2nd best DL.

I know our almost SB trip and offseason SB championship has everyone really excited, but the Pats and Dolphins really aren't too far off from us. This is a huge draft for the Pats...I think they know that...and they've acquired a shyteload of picks to be ready for it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Not for nothing but Chung looked good in limited action and should start this year...Vollmer was their 2nd best DL.

I know our almost SB trip and offseason SB championship has everyone really excited, but the Pats and Dolphins really aren't too far off from us. This is a huge draft for the Pats...I think they know that...and they've acquired a shyteload of picks to be ready for it.
    not saying they wont turn out to be good players. it's not like they drafted 3 future hall of famers.

there class was nice. just not where you say damn we got to play these bastids for the next ten years.