Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PARADIS PICK'S vol.2; the final mock.

All Pro

PARADIS PICK'S vol.2; the final mock.

So first of all allow me to say the following...

1- I didn't force the pick. I struggle with him, or Kindle/Hughes (because thats who i think they want) but BAP is the way i went

2-I didn't do any trades this time (except where i think JAX trades for Tebow) cause its just too silly trying to predict that nonesense.

EDIT** this who i think teams will pick, not who i like, remember

3rd... besides complaining or agreeing with my Jets picks, i'd love to hear some feedback on the rest.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 06:12 PM.

All Pro
    ROUND 1

1 St. Louis Rams:
    Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
    The Rams have no choice with this pick. It would be political, business and just plain franchise suicide to pass on another franchise QB

2 Detroit Lions:
    Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
    I really tried to put Okung here because it makes sense for a lot of reasons. Protect your franchise pick, especially in a division with Peppers, Allen, and GB's young defensive talent. However, Suh is someone that dictates your pick, regardless of need, and with a draft so deep in Oline talent, it is what it is.

3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
    Gerold McCoy DT Oklahoma
    TB will get their DT, one or the other

4 Washington Redskins:
    Okung, Russell OT Oklahoma State
    While Okung makes too much sense, my heart tells me that Trent Williams stands equal chance of getting selected. His zone blocking potential plays right into Shanny's need

5 Kansas City Chiefs:
    Bulaga, Bryan OT Iowa
    For the record I don't think Bulaga is lock to be picked by KC at all, they surprised last year with Jackson, and I half expect them to do the same this time around again.

6 Seattle Seahawks:
    Williams, Trent OT Oklahoma
    If Williams is here, I guarantee he's the pick. The question is whether the two teams above him like Williams more than the two conventional tackles. If Williams is off the board, I expect to SEA to take Spiller or Berry

7 Cleveland Browns:
    Berry, Eric S Tennessee
    Berry landing CLE would be a dream, and because of that, it sounds to good to be true for the Browns. If Berry goes off the board to SEA, I expect CLE to surprise and reach on a DE/OLB that would otherwise be considered mid round pick. Graham, or Kindle seem like possibilities.

8 Oakland Raiders:
    Campbell, Bruce OT Maryland
    -This was locked when Bruce ran his 40. OAK needed an OT, this made it easy for Al. If someone hammer's some sense into Skeletor, they'll take Anthony Davis instead

9 Buffalo Bills:
    Clausen, Jimmy QB Notre Dame
    I'll bite, his pro-day performance and potential are enough to sell the Bills on taking the QB. I'm still a little shaky here based on the fact that the regime said it was hard to evaluate their current QB talent with the swiss cheese O-line presently in place.

10 Jacksonville Jaguars:
    Haden, Joe CB Florida
    The Talent might not match the pick, but JAX playing against Manning, and the now emerging Shaub & Co. means they might have take Haden here to do something to slow down those high octane offenses.

11 Denver Broncos:
    McClain, Rolando ILB Alabama
    I think this pick is lock not only because it feels a need, but McDaniel's crew need to recruit some new leadership with recent exodus of so many of their former faces. McClain is a natural fit and born leader for Josh to groom. Makes no sense to me for them to ship out Marshall and then take Bryant. tit for tat is not the McDaniels way.

12 Miami Dolphins:
    Williams, Dan DT Tennessee
    It just makes sense at this point. They absolutely need to bring youth to the nose tackle position

13 San Francisco 49'ers:
    Thomas, Earl S Texas
    San Fran opts to take the safety they desperately need to anchor their secondary with this pick rather that hope he's still there at #17

14 Seattle Seahawks
    Morgan, Derrick DE Georgia Tech
    Kerny retiring forces the hand here. SEA lucks at and addresses the two most critical position of need in the first round with Williams and Morgan

15 New York Giants
    Iupati, Mike OG Idaho
    Its not the flashy pick everyone is expecting (and given the new stadium and moves by the Jets, they may not have choice) HOWEVER, The Giants need to get back to what brought them success a few years ago, running the ball, and that means reinforcing the O-line with the best OG to help open those lanes

16 Tennessee Titans
    Pierre-Paul Jason DE South Florida
    With so many needs on defense, JPP is too difficult to pass up, though Kyle Wilson will present them with difficult decision

17 San Francisco 49'ers
    Davis, Anthony OT Rutgers
    What!? Pass on Spiller again? Well with the Ginn signing, it makes Spiller (who would have returned kicks) less pressing, and Davis that much more appealing.

18 Pittsburgh Steelers
    Pouncey, Maurkice C Florida
    Classic PIT pick, take a guy that will anchor his position and bring that blue collar work ethic him. PIT can use Pouncey virtually everywhere they want him on the O-line and it's a pick that doesn't come with a court case. Dez is not what the Steelers need right now.

19 Atlanta Falcons
    Spiller, C.J. RB Clemson
    The first major surprise, as ATL passes on various defensive players they covet. But when you look at the body of work Spiller brings to the table, its not a surprise at all. ATL was unable to replicate their success when the wheels fell off their running game and Spiller helps bring legitimacy back to that area on offense.

20 Houston Texans
    Wilson, Kyle CB Boise State
    Easy pick with the departure of Robinson. Some pundits think Matthews is the pick here, but for the kind RB Houston is in the market for, there is plenty of options throughout the draft

21 Cincinnatti Bengals
    Griffen, Everson DE USC
    Let me say that A- I don't believe CIN features a TE enough to warrant Gresham, and i think they want to give Coffman more time to develop, and B-They took a kid named Michael Johnson whom if you remember was borderline 1st round material last year to be groomed for OLB. Griffen continues that USC pedigree that Marv's been farming over in Ohio

22 New England Patriots
    Bryant, Dez WR OSU
    Patriots need to refuel their offensive talent if they want to stay competitive, and lo and behold, Dez is there for Darth Vader, or is it the emperor?

23 Green Bay Packers
    Graham, Brandon DE Michigan
    As tempting as it is to go OT here, the packers can't pass up a prospect like Graham after getting tuned in the playoffs. Not a chance.

24 Philadelphia Eagles
    Weatherspoon, Sean ILB Missouri
    Another team that probably planned to go another direction, likely CB, but with Sean here, it changes their outlook

25 Baltimore Ravens
    Odrick, Jared DT Penn State
    What? Pass on Gresham?? Yes. It's Baltimore, and they make sure their defense is taken care of before taking a TE who hasn't played since '08

26 Arizona Cardinals
    Gresham, Jermaine TE Oklahoma
    ARZ decides to replace Boldin with another offensive playmaker and get back to doing what they do best, score. They have a couple of young WRs in Breaston and Doucet, and could use a serious upgrade at TE to offer Leinart an easy target in checkdowns.

27 Dallas Cowboys
    Brown, Charles OT USC
    Not the classic sexy DAL pick, but Adams leaves a whole that has to be filled.

28 San Diego Chargers
    Cody, Terrence NT Alabama
    Fills the void (in every sense of that expression) left by Jamal Williams

29 New York Jets
    Mays, Taylor S USC
    There's a huge potential for a trade here, as the Jets sit before a few teams may like a QB or Defensive player who's slipped farther than expected. If they stay put, they have to take the best player on the board. PERSONALLY, I think thats Taylor Mays, however i think the Jets will feel more comfortable with Kindle/Hughes type OLB, but I'm going to stick with Mays. I think he's coverage liability has been overblown, and if there's a defensive coordinator that knows how to utilize Mays, it's Rex Ryan. Mays can give you some of the pass rushing ability that a Hughes or Kindle offer while also offering the scheme diversity of a Bob Sanders

30 Minnesota Vikings
    Jackson, Kareem CB Alabama
    Some people might argue McCourty here, but I feel Kareem has better pure corner potential, and since Harvin has return duties locked up, Kareem is the more alluring choice.

31 Indianapolis Colts
    Kindle, Sergio OLB Texas
    Just the kind of guy Indy likes, a quick, and physical playmaker to rush the passer.

32 New Orleans Saints
    Hughes, Jerry OLB TCU
    Hughes allows the Saints to use him in a variety of ways, while also filling a variety of defensive needs that have cropped up this offseason.

ROUND 2

33 St. Louis Rams
    Price, Brian DT UCLA
    STL lucks out and gets the tackle and the QB

34 Detroit Lions
    Saffold, Rodger OT Indiana
    DET dodges a bullet by taking a near ready to start LT, or atleast RT with their 2nd pick

35 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Thomas, Deymarius WR Georgia Tech
    And so begins the run on WRs. Seems unlikely he slips this far based on media hype, but I just didn't see a landing spot for him before #35

36 Kansas City Chiefs
    Tate, Golden WR Notre Dame
    Fits the need for a shifty possession WR and playmaker

37 Philadelphia Eagles
    McCourty, Devin CB Rutgers
    Fills the need after Brown's departure

38 Cleveland Browns
    Sapp, Ricky OLB Clemson
    Don't think Holmgren is a big fan of McCoy. I think he's looking to build this team up some before he throws a new QB into the fire, and with a few big prospects coming out next year, Sapp gives CLE a serious pass rushing prospect to fill a desperate need.

39 Oakland Raiders
    Dunlap, Carlos DE Florida
    This is probably a worst case scenario for Dunlap in terms of getting the support and coaching he needs to avoid the bust label.

40 San Diego Chargers
    Matthews, Ryan RB Fresno State
    I know, unbelievable that the chargers get both Cody and Matthews.. and not in the order you'd expect

41 Buffalo Bills
    Ducasse, Vladimir OG UMass
    Buffalo has to settle for a lesser prospect based on need that cannot be ignored

42 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Robinson, Patrick CB Florida State
    Corner will be the pick here if TB doesn't address this with their 1st second round pick.

43 Denver Broncos
    Benn, Arrelious WR Illinios
    The best WR prospect on the board will attempt to fill Marshal sized shoes.

44 New England Patriots
    Aluala, Tyson DE CAL
    And so begins NE's ridiculous 3 picks in the most loaded 2nd round ever.

45 Denver Broncos
    Thomas, Cam DT North Carolina
    Denver continues to address their defense which flopped in the 2nd half of the year.

46 New York Giants
    Lee, Sean ILB Penn St.
    Lee will start day 1 in place of Pierce

47 New England Patriots
    Tebow, Tim QB Florida
    This is pretty much the only trade I'm predicting. I think Tebow will go here cause in classic Belechick fashion, he'll trade this pick for Jacksonville's 1st next year.

48 Carolina Panthers
    Williams, Damian WR USC
    They need to find some support for the Moore project

49 San Francisco 49'ers
    Best, Jahvid RB CAL
    Personally i think everyone is giving up on Coffee to quickly, but Gore really didn't do anything the 2nd half of the season.

50 Kansas City Chiefs
    Allen, Nate S USF
    Steal for KC, who's not addressed alot of their big needs

51 Houston Texans
    Hardesty, Montario RB Tennessee
    Houston surprises by taking Hardesty, who is more complete back than both Gerhart and Tate.

52 Pittsburgh Steelers
    LaFell, Brandon WR LSU
    PIT fans will probably be disappointed that they have to settle for LaFell, but he will provide them with a stable option at WR.

53 New England Patriots
    Worilds, Jason OLB VT
    NE continues to address the defense and get a pass rusher they will sorely need.

54 Cincinnatti Bengals
    McClusker, Dexter, WR Mississippi
    Cincy will probably be on the fence between the homegrown Gilyard, but McCluster fills a need they don't possess on the roster.

55 Philadelphia Eagles
    Asamoah, Jon OG Illinois
    Helps protect Kolb, and their O-line has been filled with too much drama lately with the brothers Andrews

56 Green Bay Packers
    Cook, Chris CB Virginia
    GB continues to rectify the defensive woes that caught up with them

57 Baltimore Ravens
    Gronkowski, Rob TE Arizona
    This TE fits the Baltimore mold more so than Gresham as Gronkowski will become a much more accomplished blocker as well as a clutch receiver

58 Arizona Cardinals
    Spikes, Brandon ILB Florida
    Arizona ends up being the ones to take a chance on Brandon who possess great instincts and a body of work to support this decision, despite his slow 40

59 Dallas Cowboys
    Joseph, Linval DE/DT EC
    I know, he almost made it to the Jets, but alas DAL makes the smart play here and has not addressed needs on both lines

60 Seattle Seahawks
    Gerhart, Toby RB Stanford
    Tobey will be have an impact starting in week 1 as the perfect compliment to Forsett

61 New York Jets
    Houston, Lamarr DE/DT Texas
    T-Rex takes a versatile defensive line player whom he will begin working into the mix early and often

62 Minnesota Vikings
    McCoy, Colt QB Texas
    Brett's replacement

63 Indianapolis Colts
    Wootton, Cory DE Northwestern
    Wootton has an injury risk, but could delevelop nicely in a dominating DE for Indy

64 New Orleans Saints
    Burnett, Morgan S Georgia Tech.
    Regardless if Sharper comes back, The Saints will need to bring youth to this position

In summary
    1st rnd: Mays, Taylor S USC
    2nd rnd: Houston, Lamarr DE/DT Texas
    Late rnd picks:
    4th rnd: Witten, Lindsey OLB UConn Pass rusher to be developed
    6th rnd: Verner, Alterraun CB UCLA Verner will add depth and an option in nickel packages against pass heavy offenses
    7th rnd: Banks, Brandon WR/KR Kansas State Banks gets lost in the shuffle and becomes our new return man ICS (in case sh*t)
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 05:52 PM.

if the NYJ select Mayes, and Kindle/Hughes is on the board, i will set set my neighborhood on fire

All Pro
    good, you live in cesspool. Use gasoline.

thanks for the insightful critique though..
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 05:58 PM.

mays sucks, give up on him already. i don't want another "physical marvel" who can't cover anyone. get some natural, gifted, fluid football players. mays reminds me of gholston minus 30lbs.

Clausen will bust behind Buffallo's O-line. They lost Butler at RT and they have no NFL caliber LT at all.

Veteran
    Good mock overall....

A couple areas where I disagree are:

I don't think Cody goes in round 1 at all, I think the Chargers will select Linvall Joseph at #28 istead if both are on the board (although the Cody pick wouldn't surprise me).

At #29 I don't see the Jets taking Mays, as you know . I'd replace him with Devin McCourtney. Rex loves his corners and I don't think he's satisfied with Lowery as his 3rd/nickel back.

Veteran
    I'm not against the Mays pick. But if Kindle is on the board when the jets pick then they take him no question

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    good, you live in cesspool. Use gasoline.

thanks for the insightful critique though..

no problem. It was equivalent to the 'critique' you left in the other thread.
    Last edited by vin777b; 04-20-2010 at 06:17 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Clausen will bust behind Buffallo's O-line. They lost Butler at RT and they have no NFL caliber LT at all.
    Maybe, in fact, i'm not even crazy about clausen, i think they bite though. And he doesn't play more than 2 games next year, in december.

This is just who i think they'll pick, didn't say i like the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Good mock overall....
    At #29 I don't see the Jets taking Mays, as you know . I'd replace him with Devin McCourtney. Rex loves his corners and I don't think he's satisfied with Lowery as his 3rd/nickel back.
    I'm just not sold on us taking a CB that early not named Wilson, i see the value but just not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    I'm not against the Mays pick. But if Kindle is on the board when the jets pick then they take him no question
    Truth is, I leaned to Mays also because Kindle realistically won't be there. Someone in the early 20s will have passed on another player and he'll be gone.
    **This is going to be my JI contest mock, so i want to have as many right ones picks as i can

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    no problem. It was equivalent to the 'critique' you left in the other thread.
    Lol, you asked a closed ended question.. do you approve. i said no. You picked 3 players that all classify as "reaches", i didn't know you needed any elaboration.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No thanks

I'm not passing on Hughes, Kindle, McCourty, or Alualu for a one dimensional safety who hits hard but blows in coverage.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No thanks

I'm not passing on Hughes, Kindle, McCourty, or Alualu for a one dimensional safety who hits hard but blows in coverage.
    Well, thats great. Everyone has the downside. Obviously there' no point in talking to you about mays, or how useless i think McCourty would be, or how Kindle doesn't possess the killer instincts.

How about commenting on something besides Mays. Clearly thats a polarized pick, but there's 68 other picks there

All Pro
    I like it Dise, I think Bulaga and Iupati are too high but who knows. Don't forget to throw this in the Mock Comp btw - it'll be the 2nd best one in there

All Pro
    Oh ya, i'll get it in there

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Well, thats great. Everyone has the downside. Obviously there' no point in talking to you about mays, or how useless i think McCourty would be, or how Kindle doesn't possess the killer instincts.

How about commenting on something besides Mays. Clearly thats a polarized pick, but there's 68 other picks there
    I simply don't believe in taking safeties in the 1st round. The only way I make an exception is if said player is an Eric Berry/Sean Taylor type of prospect.

Mays has awesome straight line speed and hits like a mac truck. But what else does he do? He's stiff as hell in coverage and has zilch in the instincts department.

If the board fell the way you had it in your original post, there's no way I'm taking a HUGE question mark like Mays over the likes of Jerry Hughes, Tyson Alualu, or Devin McCourty.

I personally don't see why your so down on McCourty. Great speed and agility, can play man or zone, is an awesome special teams player, and has the potential to be a starter down the road.

I like the picks in rounds 2 and 4, but I think we need a corner earlier than the 6th round.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's sick value for the Vikes to get Colt McCoy at 62.

I know people have issues with him, but the Vikes FO would be doing Hosannas if McCoy was sitting there at 62.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That's sick value for the Vikes to get Colt McCoy at 62.

I know people have issues with him, but the Vikes FO would be doing Hosannas if McCoy was sitting there at 62.
    And i don't see why he won't be. If Buffalo takes Clausen, which is possible, and the Browns aren't hot for McCoy, which i don't they are (I'm thinking they take Skelton in rnd 4) there's no one i know that will bother with McCoy in rnd 2 until MIN. JAX sure as sht won't trade up for him.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-20-2010 at 11:46 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I simply don't believe in taking safeties in the 1st round. The only way I make an exception is if said player is an Eric Berry/Sean Taylor type of prospect.

Mays has awesome straight line speed and hits like a mac truck. But what else does he do? He's stiff as hell in coverage and has zilch in the instincts department.

If the board fell the way you had it in your original post, there's no way I'm taking a HUGE question mark like Mays over the likes of Jerry Hughes, Tyson Alualu, or Devin McCourty.

I personally don't see why your so down on McCourty. Great speed and agility, can play man or zone, is an awesome special teams player, and has the potential to be a starter down the road.

I like the picks in rounds 2 and 4, but I think we need a corner earlier than the 6th round.
    We've got a grocery list of position where if we loose a guy to injury we're done. Sanchez gets hurt and we're done etc etc.
    All these 3-4 OLB are a gamble in their own right. Look what happened to Gholston. I like Hughes, and others, but i don't see them as a need to draft with our 1st. its one of the deepest positions this draft.

I'm so so on McCourty. He's not a first round prospect. I've read many times that he's not that great in man coverage, more so on press. we play a ton of that. He gets beat deep. He's got potential but being a special teamer doesn't get you first round in my books.

I like Mays completely based on what i believe Rex can do with him, not because of what he has done.

I'm so so on McCourty. He's not a first round prospect. I've read many times that he's not that great in man coverage, more so on press. we play a ton of that. He gets beat deep. He's got potential but being a special teamer doesn't get you first round in my books.
    comptely agree with this statement.

it also coincides with Charlie Casserly's overall take. Despite liking Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson, he doesn't believe there is an elite CB in this draft.

with Revis and Cromartie already on board, you pass on a CB in Round 1 of this draft

_