Thread: I guess Graham, Hughes & Kindle now out of the question??

I guess Graham, Hughes & Kindle now out of the question??

I hope we draft Worilds in the second.

I wouldnt rule out anything. Rex is on record with BPA as his philosophy. At 29 they'll see who drops and hopefully end up wiht a top 15 player.

Why? JT isn't the definitive answer for our pass rushing needs.

If Graham is on the board, I swear I will pose as a Jets employee and hand in a card with his name on it to Goodell.

players drop.

the Miami Dolphins selected Dan Marino with selection #27.

every year, players drop.

the question is, which players will drop in 2010

Jets Insider VIP
    1st round: DE Tyson Alualu - California

2nd round: OLB Jason Worilds - Virginia Tech

That would be an awesome first two rounds.

jason taylor is old as heck and on a 1 year deal

this doesn't really change the draft plans

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    jason taylor is old as heck and on a 1 year deal

this doesn't really change the draft plans
    I think it might, but not the way you think. If the Jets draft Graham, Kindle,Hughes or Worilds. Look for the Jets to send Bryan Thomas to an emerging 3-4 , team ( Cleveland, Denver, KC ) for a fifth round pick. The Browns and the Broncos have multiple 5th round picks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    I think it might, but not the way you think. If the Jets draft Graham, Kindle,Hughes or Worilds. Look for the Jets to send Bryan Thomas to an emerging 3-4 , team ( Cleveland, Denver, KC ) for a fifth round pick. The Browns and the Broncos have multiple 5th round picks.
    I would be all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    1st round: DE Tyson Alualu - California

2nd round: OLB Jason Worilds - Virginia Tech

That would be an awesome first two rounds.
    where do i sign?

All Pro
    cough *mays* cough cough

I dont think you guys Mike T's philosphy yet. We fill holes in FA and go out and try to get the best guy on our board.

Pool....Taylor...Leon...Braylon...Cromartie....Hol mes...all these dudes are 1 yr deals.

We are set to go BAP---and as Baltimore and the good teams do--Hopefully will be that team that gets the stud that falls.

If Iupati is on the board he is going to be our pick...

Rex did not deny the Faneca story and was talking about BPA...

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    I think with all the moves that we have made this off-season it makes it clear that the Jets will draft the best player available at their position at #29. i think that they might surprise everyone and possibly go with an offensive player at our spot. but we do still have a bunch of picks this year excluding number 3 and 5 i think they can improve their team substantially by having these picks and will get their needs filled with them. Just my opinion, but i do think we take the best players left...O line, D line, rb, maybe another wr or more d backs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    I think with all the moves that we have made this off-season it makes it clear that the Jets will draft the best player available at their position at #29. i think that they might surprise everyone and possibly go with an offensive player at our spot. but we do still have a bunch of picks this year excluding number 3 and 5 i think they can improve their team substantially by having these picks and will get their needs filled with them. Just my opinion, but i do think we take the best players left...O line, D line, rb, maybe another wr or more d backs.

agreed. Except the Jets aren't drafting WR in Round 1. All factors considered, it would be beyond dumb. And it won't be RB, either

With the taylor signing and Ghost moving to DE(where he might be very productive), I think the DL will be addressed in round 2 or later and possibly with a FA pick up from preseason cuts.
    Corner can be addressed in round 2 as well.
    I think the team will go OL in round one, safety/corner in rd 2 then depth rest of the way