Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL network hammering the Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL network hammering the Jets

Man nfl network is hammering the Jets.Jim Mora jr says they will go 8 and 8.Mike Lombardi saying the schedule is real hard and that there is no Indianapolis to help them get in the playoffs.Solomon Wilcox saying how much the Jets will miss Thomas Jones.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Lombardi usually a Jet hater?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Mora, that nitwit, said the jets were 8-8 in '08, and 8-8 last year, so he picked them to go 8-8 this year. I don't expect him to know everything about everyteam but a little prep work maybe, toolbag?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares? I hope we have PLENTY of doubters. The more motivation, the better with this team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i just watched that and felt totally disrespected. But hey, lookin good on paper doesn't mean jack

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3567619]Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Lombardi usually a Jet hater?[/QUOTE]

oh yes, absolutely.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3567619]Man nfl network is hammering the Jets.Jim Mora jr says they will go 8 and 8.Mike Lombardi saying the schedule is real hard and that there is no Indianapolis to help them get in the playoffs.Solomon Wilcox saying how much the Jets will miss Thomas Jones.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Lombardi usually a[B] Jet hater[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Isn't everyone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. We know how good this team is going to be. I'm glad they don't. There's a reason the Jets have already maxed out their primetime games.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not an easy schedule at all. So 8-8 is possible. i personally think 10-6 with this schedule is good for us. i would think it gives us a playoff spot. So for these guys to say 8-8 is a safe pick. These guys dont wanna say what they are really thinking (that the Jets have a very good team) but since we havent been a consistant team they wont go ahead and say it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That segment was embarassing... First Mora claims that they will go 8-8 because "They went 8-8 in 2008 and 2009"... Obviously, besides not making any logical sense as an argument, he is incorrect because the Jets went 9-7 both years... Then, Lombardi starts proclaiming how tough the beginning and ending of their schedule is, and then slips in the "fact" that "the Jets could not even beat Buffalo last year"... Once again, obviously wrong because they split with Buffalo last year... If you want to take a stand against the general perception that the Jets are going to be an extremely good team, atleast make a cogent football argument... That was pathetic! It doesn't even bother me when analysts are anti-Jets, but atleast try to get some facts right and not sound like totally clueless blowhards...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a reason Mora Jr is not a coach anymore :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Good. We were supposed to come in last place last season, although the "experts" that were high on the Jets put them as high as 3rd place.

Save these clips and show them every day during training camp Rex :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you not remember last year? We had nothing and were picked to lose every week. Now that we have the tools they say the Jets can't sneak up on anybody. Screw these"experts" last year proved that they know DICK!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We definitely have a tough schedule. Getting the offense to jell as quickly as possible will be key. The defense is definitely going to need more help this season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... does lombardi think this is before or after we release, ellis, bt, & faneca? ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Min81;3567647]That segment was embarassing... First Mora claims that they will go 8-8 because "They went 8-8 in 2008 and 2009"... Obviously, besides not making any logical sense as an argument, he is incorrect because the Jets went 9-7 both years... Then, Lombardi starts proclaiming how tough the beginning and ending of their schedule is, and then slips in the "fact" that "the Jets could not even beat Buffalo last year"... Once again, obviously wrong because they split with Buffalo last year... If you want to take a stand against the general perception that the Jets are going to be an extremely good team, atleast make a cogent football argument... That was pathetic! It doesn't even bother me when analysts are anti-Jets, but atleast try to get some facts right and not sound like totally clueless blowhards...[/QUOTE]

I was listening to it in my car. When Moron mentioned going 8-8, I thought to myself, do they actually pay people to do this? How about some research or even have the standings in front of you. Then when he mentioned not being able to beat Buffalo, I just changed the station.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teams play better when the "all knowing press" repeatedly knocks them down. Examples: Midgets over Patsies in SB42, Jets over Chargers in divisional, the Jets this past season, any other crazy-awesome upset you know

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Jim Mora Jr. is a helluva Head Coach and a long tenured one at that. Obviously he's very knowledgable about NFL teams :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The same Jim Mora that has gotten progressively worse each year in his NFL head coaching career.

11-5
    8-8
    7-9
    5-11

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3567711]Well, Jim Mora Jr. is a helluva Head Coach and a long tenured one at that. Obviously he's very knowledgable about NFL teams :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Something both Jim Jr and Sr will never know about...Playoffs (Yes, we're talking 'bout playoffs)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact is that no one wants to see the 'losers' do well.
    I mean, how do you feel when you see that dork or "loser" you knew in high school appearantly doing better than you? Driving a better car, living in a nicer neighborhood, etc...

So this is how i see the expert (non-jets fans) they dont like and dont want to accept that the NEW YORK FUGGING JETS have some pieces in place that with some luck....can get to the big dance.

But just like all the other 31 teams, it will all play out on the field.
    Its going to be fun thats for sure.