Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor Signing Virtually Guarantees A Trade Up...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I agree, Berry is the pick. Tune in early.
    lol you're really hoping to say "I told you so" huh?

Do you guys even understand how much it would take to trade up to #5 to get Berry? That's assuming he even makes it to #5.

Our 1st this year, our 1st next year, our 2nd this year, and our 4th this year doesn't even get us on the phone with Kansas City. Way, way, way too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't see the Jets trading up for a safety.

The Jets have enough stars. They need solid starters and stand-in starters. The Jets will get that with the 29th & 61st pick.

I don't see Tanny messing with the 2011 top of the draft, which would be required for getting Berry. He didn't have to mess with 2010 to get Sanchez, so why would he have to mess with the next draft for Berry?

Trading up for Berry is not a good football move.

All League
    If were thinking of releaseing Faneca, I would imagine their after Iupati - you would have a major hole to fill in his release, let alone what they would do with the release of Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    If were thinking of releaseing Faneca, I would imagine their after Iupati - you would have a major hole to fill in his release, let alone what they would do with the release of Ellis.
    Alan Faneca-G- Jets Apr. 20 - 11:53 pm et

Beat writer Rich Cimini, now writing for ESPNNewYork.com, reports the Jets have been "quietly shopping" LG Alan Faneca for weeks.

Confirming Michael Lombardi's earlier report, Cimini says Faneca could be released if a trade partner can't be found during the draft. The Jets would be eating quite a bit of salary, as Faneca is guaranteed $5.25 million this year. The Jets are believed to covet Idaho's Mike Iupati and Florida's Maurkice Pouncey, and could trade up to snag one of them. Faneca's fate would then be sealed.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    The Jet Defense was just two pieces away from being really good to dominating.
    They have the dominant NT, the solid LB corp, two shut down corners...
    The Jets believe they filled one weakness: a pass rushing DE, with Jason Taylor, who Rex was desperate to get.
    But one glaring weakness remains...
    The Jets are weak at safety: no Rhodes, and another safety with a concussion history (Pool).
    A hard hitting playmaking safety ala Ed Reed,everything Kerry wasn't, could turn this D into an elite Rex Ryan Ravens-type SB-winning D...
    With the Jets and Tanny loving the spotlight, I predict they trade most of their picks (and next years 1st) to move up to grab Tenn Safety Eric Berry...
    It's going to be a short draft for the Jets this year.
    I would not be angry AT ALL, to come away with only Berry, and a couple late round picks from this years draft... honestly.

Nothing Tanny does would shock me. He's one agressive GM.Regarding this year though be prepared to hear Goodell say after 11 p.m. EST. The NY Jets drafting at #29 pick ? The other one and I'm hoping for this one. THe NY Jets have traded the 29th pick to. Quality over the last several drafts has worked grat but at the expense of loosing too many picks it's time to play New England's game and accumalate draft picks.

All Pro
    If we trade up for Iupati or Pouncey, so we can cut Faneca, this will be one of the worst drafts moves every by franchise that is considered superbowl ready... and i love Pouncey.

We stand to gain nothing by doing so. Nothing. In an uncapped year, pushing for a superbowl win, swapping in either rookie for faneca does not improve our team or chances of a championship. Fail.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-21-2010 at 12:28 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF>>>>>>>we should now trade taylor for a pick he does not want to be here and it is obvious
    He prefers to be in Miami which is perfectly understandable to me after his many years there. At the same time, he is a professional and I have no doubt he will do his best to make the most of his stay with Jets. He has a chip on his shoulder now and will want to prove to Miami that they made a mistake letting him go. He is motivated and this is good for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The Jet Defense was just two pieces away from being really good to dominating.
    They have the dominant NT, the solid LB corp, two shut down corners...
    The Jets believe they filled one weakness: a pass rushing DE, with Jason Taylor, who Rex was desperate to get.
    But one glaring weakness remains...
    The Jets are weak at safety: no Rhodes, and another safety with a concussion history (Pool).
    A hard hitting playmaking safety ala Ed Reed,everything Kerry wasn't, could turn this D into an elite Rex Ryan Ravens-type SB-winning D...
    With the Jets and Tanny loving the spotlight, I predict they trade most of their picks (and next years 1st) to move up to grab Tenn Safety Eric Berry...

Jets have shown zero interest in Berry, zilch, nada, nothing....no workout, no visit....that's not something you do with a player you're going to trade up into the top ten picks and draft....they've also been very cool toward Earl Thomas...

I always thought if they were going to move it would be up but two things come into play now:

1- they've made a ton of off season moves in which picks were traded away...

2- there will be other teams with more ammo (Pats/Eagles) looking to move up...

All Pro
    ^^ like we haven't already been active in the draft. we've made half a dozen moves involving our draft picks.

All Pro
    And if I was a betting man, I would bet my house that there is no chance in hell that will happen....no chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ^^ like we haven't already been active in the draft. we've made half a dozen moves involving our draft picks.

on draft day....except fotr Jenkins they've done little trading what limited picks they had for veterans before draft day...

All Pro
    i was agreeing with you.

I don't think the Jets are moving up, unless Berry somehow falls to like #18, then we might start considering it. Simply put, is we've traded away too many picks already, and I'm sure as much as Tanny would love to have someone like that, we just don't have the ammo to make it happen (realistically).

I think that's part of the reason we're seeing these rumors about trading away players now. Tanny wants more picks, not less.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    i was agreeing with you.
    apologies...too much going on....

CBTNY....Have you heard any grumblings which would give any credence to the Faneca and Ellis rumors? Perhaps some prospects which the Jets may have high on their draftboard?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

We have two high picks, we need impact players with both of those picks. We might use one of our late picks to move up a couple slots if there's someone the Jets really like, but we're not packaging our 1st and 2nd to move up.

the jets will have 2 picks in the first 2 rounds, b/c that's where everyone says the true value of the draft is. that's not to say they won't deal out of the 1st, but they'll have at worst 2 2nd rounders. they'll also keep their 4th rounder, that's where i'm guessing they'll draft a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the jets will have 2 picks in the first 2 rounds, b/c that's where everyone says the true value of the draft is. that's not to say they won't deal out of the 1st, but they'll have at worst 2 2nd rounders. they'll also keep their 4th rounder, that's where i'm guessing they'll draft a safety.
    I may be in the minority that do not see the Jets taking a safety in the first two rounds. Revolving safety group with Ihedigbo and Smith playing running downs and Poole coming in on passing situations.