Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Leon Washington to Steelers for Draft Picks

Veteran

Rumor: Leon Washington to Steelers for Draft Picks

The local beat writer for the Steelers, on a radio show that my friend heard on his trip home this weekend, seems to think the Jets may deal him as a trailer from the Holmes deal, for some draft picks. I can't find a link and don't know much more than this.

a trailer for the holmes trade? What? We would give him away just because we feel bad for raping the steelers (no pun intended)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    The local beat writer for the Steelers, on a radio show that my friend heard on his trip home this weekend, seems to think the Jets may deal him as a trailer from the Holmes deal, for some draft picks. I can't find a link and don't know much more than this.

Link or dump

Unsubstantiated BS, dump, Ban please

I always wanted to say that

Please don't let this be true. We need to see if Leon still has his explosive speed and game changing abilities. Especially if it's only for draft picks, please hold onto Leon. When healthy, there is no better return man/swing back in the game.

Dude, how can you link a guy on the radio station? The OP is just stating what he heard. Whether or not it's true is obviously in question here. No reason to attack the poster.

hope its a 3rd, 6th and 7th

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by maddbaron View Post
    hope its a 3rd, 6th and 7th
    I would jump for joy

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Link or dump
    I'm looking for a link. I said it was a rumor and that I didn't have much more than this. Actually, maybe you're right, maybe we shouldn't put things like this up for general discussion, because who knows, maybe someone out there might actually have more info and contribute. Asshat

I had a feeling that something like this would be in the works regarding the Holmes deal depending on how Washingtons rehab comes along. A couple of reports, though deemed erroneous had put Washington directly in the trade. Wouldn't surprise me to see us get back the 5th pick and another lower pick. Or, it might be a thing where Leon gets healthy, gets traded after Holmes comes back from suspension for picks next year.

As others have said I can't see another team trading for him unless their team doctor examines him closely and feels he is going to be as good as new.

wouldnt mind this. draft a rb in the 4th rd to replace him, one who could take over the load if greene goes down because leon and LT couldn't

as would i...sadly it will probably be for just a 4th and a 7th or a 5th(the one we traded to them coming back probably) and a 7th...

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I would jump for joy

Hall Of Fame
    this is nothing more than trying to make the steeler fans feel better about losing Holmes for basically nothing, they wished it when the trade was announced and they're trying to wish it into reality now

it aint happening

I can't see the Jets giving Leon away to the Steelers because we fleeced them on the Holmes deal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I'm looking for a link. I said it was a rumor and that I didn't have much more than this. Actually, maybe you're right, maybe we shouldn't put things like this up for general discussion, because who knows, maybe someone out there might actually have more info and contribute. Asshat
    not saying he won't be traded to them, but he waqsn't part of the deal supposedly. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...mes-trade.html

Veteran
    It could be this rumor was born from the disbelief that we could land Holmes for just a 5th rounder http://www.steelersgab.com/2010/04/1...e-holmes-deal/

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Not to read into things too much but the last time that Tannenbaum mentioned Leon it didn't sound like he was going to be here very much longer.

Dexter McCluster in the 2nd round could be a great replacement.

Who wants Leon? Did he have a lot of inquiries during the FA period? He didn't get a thing.
    The Jets should thank God if they just got a 4th for him. He's not worth anything more because he's damaged goods until proven otherwise.
    Somebody is going to take flyer on a guy who they haven't worked out? The draft starts tomorrow BTW.
    I would love to get rid of him for a 4th, though, and take Blount who is a tough guy.

The friend of a friend on a road trip hearing things on the radio. Solid source lol

Jets will definetly see what they can get for Leon during the draft I think. I just hope it's nothing less then a 4th. I'd rather have him on the team if it's anything less.