Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if these Tebow to Vikings rumors are true...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

So if these Tebow to Vikings rumors are true...

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gator...zz-is-growing/

So the biggest Tebow rumor is him going to the Vikes at 30. This may or may not be a ploy by them to get someone to trade with them that really wants Tebow (Bills, Jax, etc).

This might be the Jets best opportunity to trade down. If/when Tebow falls to 29, and the whole league thinks, right or wrong, that the Vikes will take Tebow at 30...we could be in the driver's seat to collect some extra picks.

I know this would be mildly annoying to not see us pick on Thursday, but to recoup some draft picks that we've lost via trades would be mighty nice.

Thoughts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone could also trade up for mccoy. either way it would be good for the jets to trade down and get multiple picks. if they guard from iowa falls and they are really releasing Faneca they stay

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gator...zz-is-growing/

So the biggest Tebow rumor is him going to the Vikes at 30. This may or may not be a ploy by them to get someone to trade with them that really wants Tebow (Bills, Jax, etc).

This might be the Jets best opportunity to trade down. If/when Tebow falls to 29, and the whole league thinks, right or wrong, that the Vikes will take Tebow at 30...we could be in the driver's seat to collect some extra picks.

I know this would be mildly annoying to not see us pick on Thursday, but to recoup some draft picks that we've lost via trades would be mighty nice.

Thoughts?
    Well... Here's why i think it sucks.

JAX is the only team i think that would be willing to leap frog MIN. BUF has needs in too many areas to be jumping up in the draft, CLE, same deal.
    JAX doesn't have a 2nd round pick, so we'd be forced to take their first next year and not get a single pick in till #61.
    Pass on that. Unless CLE wants him, I think Tebow to MIN doesn't help us at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't be certain Tebow goes in the #30 slot.

there are reports Tebow will go in the top 20.

it is possible. Dumber things have happened. Notably, any Al Davis selection

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has tannenbaum ever traded back? What makes you think he is going to do this? We are trading up fellas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Has tannenbaum ever traded back? What makes you think he is going to do this? We are trading up fellas.
    no we're not. Any knowledgable persson will tell you the top part of the draft is mediocre. The value of this draft is in the later rounds. The Jets aren't going to sacrifice those selections. NYJ doesn't have a Round 3 and Round 5 selection as it is.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed... you don't go and fill all your holes before the draft(like Tanny has done every year) just to move back and stock up on more pics(which he has never done). You do it because you have a few players in mind that you targeted and want the freedom to go get them! If we go anywhere... it's up.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-21-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    Agreed... you don't go and fill all your holes before the draft(like Tanny has done every year) just to move back and stock up on more pics(which he has never done). You do it because you have a few players in mind that you targeted and want the freedom to go get them... if we go anywhere... it's up.
    We've traded up in recent drafts because we targeted players we wanted in drafts that weren't deep with talent. I'm not sure Mike is going to trade up just for the sake of trading up. The highest we could probably even get to is the 15 range and who there is going to that much better than someone we can get at 29? It just doesn't make sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    no we're not. Any knowledgable persson will tell you the top part of the draft is mediocre. The value of this draft is in the later rounds. The Jets aren't going to sacrifice those selections. NYJ doesn't have a Round 3 and Round 5 selection as it is.
    Who says we have to move up to the top part of the draft? My opinion is the talent is in the middle of round 1, from 15-25. You will probably see Brandon Graham, Piere-Paul, Sergio Kindle, Dan Williams, Iupati, Pouncey, Kyle Wilson, Earl Thomas and possibly Jerry Hughes all fly off the board in that area. My guess is we are going to move up to get one of those guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well... Here's why i think it sucks.

JAX is the only team i think that would be willing to leap frog MIN. BUF has needs in too many areas to be jumping up in the draft, CLE, same deal.
    JAX doesn't have a 2nd round pick, so we'd be forced to take their first next year and not get a single pick in till #61.
    Pass on that. Unless CLE wants him, I think Tebow to MIN doesn't help us at all
    Buffalo has shown in every draft for the past 5 years that what they SHOULD do is rarely what they actually do. If Cleveland is actually contemplating trading away their entire draft for Sam Bradford, then anything is possible with their draft plans. We'd get more than a #1 next year for our 29th this year, considering the #1 next is only valued at a 2nd round pick. I could live with their number 1 next year and 3rd this year. Not picking till 61 doesn't help us much this year, but the odds are that any player we pick at 29 is not going to be a vital part of the "Super Bowl run" we have planned this year anyway.

Not saying it will happen, just throwing it out there. I personally don't think Tebow should go before round 3 any way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've traded up in recent drafts because we targeted players we wanted in drafts that weren't deep with talent. I'm not sure Mike is going to trade up just for the sake of trading up. The highest we could probably even get to is the 15 range and who there is going to that much better than someone we can get at 29? It just doesn't make sense.
    Why doesn't it make sense? This formula has worked very well for him so far in his career as a GM... we are in the best shape we've been in decades because of his drafting recipe, why change it now? IMO you should go with what works best.

Anyway, these are only opinions... only fools argue who's is better.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-21-2010 at 11:50 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed... you don't go and fill all your holes before the draft(like Tanny has done every year) just to move back and stock up on more pics(which he has never done). You do it because you have a few players in mind that you targeted and want the freedom to go get them... if we go anywhere... it's up.
    Ya... and look where that's got us. We're gonna be in a hell of pickle the next couple years trying to resign an assload of talent. At somepoint, when you're is past 60% marquee names and players, you gotta start targeting depth and hope to develop some of those players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why doesn't it make sense? This formula has worked very well for him so far in his career as a GM... we are in the best shape we've been in decades because of his drafting recipe, why change it now? IMO you should go with what workes best.

Yeah it works and I'm very happy he's done it, obviously!

You can name your top 10 draft hopefuls (Realistic ones...) and the odds are one of them will be there at 29 this year because the draft is so deep. It doesn't necessitate trading up for the sake of trading up because it worked in the past.

Maybe he'll trade down from 29 and then trade back up so everyone wins lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why doesn't it make sense? This formula has worked very well for him so far in his career as a GM... we are in the best shape we've been in decades because of his drafting recipe, why change it now? IMO you should go with what workes best.

dude, we have no depth on the offensive and defensive lines.

unless Leon Washington is part of the plan, if the Jets trade up it will only be to leapfrog 2 or 3 slots

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Ya... and look where that's got us. We're gonna be in a hell of pickle the next couple years trying to resign an assload of talent. At somepoint, when you're is past 60% marquee names and players, you gotta start targeting depth and hope to develop some of those players.
    It also got us 30 minutes away from the Superbowl!!! Having to work magic with contracts is a small price to pay to have a team this close. Besides, Tannenbaum is an absolute wiz at contract numbers a capology. To tell you the absolute truth.... since Tanny's been running the show.... I'm not worried at all about that aspect of the game/business.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude, we have no depth on the offensive and defensive lines.

unless Leon Washington is part of the plan, if the Jets trade up it will only be to leapfrog 2 or 3 slots
    opinions are just that.... I think they will move up, you think back... whatever... I have no urge to go back and forth argueing them all day. As I said before, I'm no fool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    opinions are just that.... I think they will move up, you think back... whatever...
    true. Fair enough.

either way, hopefully it is a strong NYJ draft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it works and I'm very happy he's done it, obviously!

You can name your top 10 draft hopefuls (Realistic ones...) and the odds are one of them will be there at 29 this year because the draft is so deep. It doesn't necessitate trading up for the sake of trading up because it worked in the past.

Maybe he'll trade down from 29 and then trade back up so everyone wins lol.
    I agree... someone will fall to 29... someone very good. But to say that same guy will be there, say, 10 spots later in the second round is stretching it a bit.

If you read my initial responce, I said, "IF they move anywhere it is up". I never said it was definite... just that there is more chance of staying where we are or moving up, than moving back.

Again, whatever... lol.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-21-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    true. Fair enough.

either way, hopefully it is a strong NYJ draft
    That actually, I am sure about....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technically yes, since he was involved with Bradway on the infamous Mike Nugent pick....