Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I going insane, or are you guys?? Revis & Cromartie are Jets right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Your opinion is almost entirely based on an assumption that Cromartie will be back in 2011 ...
    And that's not a bad assumption considering that Rex targeted Cro to alter his defense to allow more masking of coverage and alleviate the burden on Revis.

That said, a CB at 29 even with Cro returning makes sense because it allows for 3 good cover corners on the field with blitzing coming from the front 7.

If the Jets have 3 1st rounders at CB who cover, none of them is blitzing. They're all staying in coverage and allowing either a S or the LBs to blitz. This will increase the chance of INTs.

It's easier for a QB to beat the blitz with LB(s) in coverage than good cover corners. If the Jets draft a good cover corner at 29, then QBs will have a hell of a time trying to beat the blitz.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Uh yeah you were, any CB that has no strength in man to man is not work crap anyway, you have to cover even if you are playing a lot of zone/cover two you get those guys, ie Dwight Lowrey in the 4th round.

I'd dare say, you me or any of the other people on this forum could call out another member and tell them to 'Do their homework' on a player or players. That was a suspect counter on your part.
    Well insulting someone was not my intention, more or less just a rebuttle, poor choice of words on my part. I tried to keep my response somewhat constructive.

I don't apologize for the intent of my response though. I do think people are blindly supporting players without actually researching them. When you read up on McCourty, he doesn't scream "jets CB", they are other corners whose strenghts align much more favorably into our system and needs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to beat Peyton Manning and Drew Brees you need 4 good Corners and last I checked we have 2. (Lowery is shakey as hell). McCourty solves our problems in the secondary more than an OLB like Jerry Huges or Sergio Kindle would, especially now that that dickbag Taylor is on the team.

PLUS, Cromartie is on a 1 year tryout, and who is to say he will definitely revert to his 2007 form?

You can never have enough good Corners. Never. You can have 16 and its not enough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well insulting someone was not my intention, more or less just a rebuttle, poor choice of words on my part. I tried to keep my response somewhat constructive.

I don't apologize for the intent of my response though. I do think people are blindly supporting players without actually researching them. When you read up on McCourty, he doesn't scream "jets CB", they are other corners whose strenghts align much more favorably into our system and needs.
    Yup.....Kareem Jackson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, if we go corner in first round of the guys who should be there I'd rank 'em:

1: Kareem Jackson - Personal favorite. Saban DB from his NC winning D? Si.

2: Patrick Robinson - Probably the best athlete of the CBs.

3: McCourty - Nice player.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    As the offensive coordinator of the opposing team I'm running a 4 WR set or often a 3 WR set.

Revis can take away my #1 guy
    Cromartie can take away my #2 guy
    Can your next best cover guy take away the Pierre Garcons of the world?

Hey, I'm of the opinion that I want the Jets to go other than CB in the first couple of rounds but Indy clearly showed they could beat us by having their # 3 WR abuse our #3 cover option.

Also what happens if either of those guys get hurt?

The Jets are in a position right now where they don't have to take a player at any one position. This lets them take guys who they feel are terrific.

I'd be surprised if they took a CB but I wouldn't revolt.
    Dude, that was Peyton. Just...you know...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    - This is a league that is quickly moving towards 3 WR sets. Any elite offense nowadays has 3 good WRs. Well, in order to defend that, it only makes sense to want 3 good Corners to match up with them. Even as a #3 CB, he would get PLENTY of playing time right away.

- Cromartie is in a contract year, he's no good bet to stay here past this upcoming season. Any CB we pick could be stepping into our starting lineup by 2011.

I'm not saying we're going CB, but there are a few scenarios where CB will be best player available when we pick, and it's a pick that makes a good deal of sense.
    What is this, a movement? The number of teams that can run on a top 10 defense AND put 3 receivers in play, in the Northeast in the second half of the season? We have Sanchez to keep it close (in a worst case scenario); meaning we have to stop the run to get them throwing. I like fresh legs on the D Line right now. I hope they find the next Shaun Ellis.

Jimmy Clausen?