Thread: Maurkice Pouncey G/C at 29 ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Maurkice Pouncey G/C at 29 ?

Warning : I always drink that Jet Kool Aide, and I always inhale that Green Smoke.
    So Callahan sings the praises of Pouncey. Certainly for a zone blocking scheme Pouncey is much better fit than Iupati. Then it leaks out that Faneca is being shopped. This ruins every mock draft this year.
    1. Would you consider drafting Pouncey at 29 and making him the starting LG in September and then dealing Alan Faneca back to the Steelers for a 5th round pick ?
    2. Is the "talking up of Pouncey" and the "shopping of Faneca " an elaborate smoke screen to get a team to trade up and get Pouncey ?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see a trade up in the mid 20s if he falls there but i think he goes to Broncos at #11 or Steelers at #18

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Pouncey

will be gone b4 pick 29

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping he falls to us at 29 this guy could solidify the o-line for years to come

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the board falls that way, I'd have no problem with it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm kind of surprised about how over the last week, the stocks of some have jumped. Hughes and Pouncey have jumped from low 20s to high 2nd round to a high 20s pick. It would be disappointing if we miss out on the two of them

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised about how over the last week, the stocks of some have jumped. Hughes and Pouncey have jumped from low 20s to high 2nd round to a high 20s pick. It would be disappointing if we miss out on the two of them
    +1 unless we get kindle as a consolation prize

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reminding me. Kindle's another one

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh i said a month ago, that if pouncey is there, you gotta look at him seriously

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouncey/Iupati only makes sense if we are indeed planning on trading/releasing Faneca.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Pouncey would play Guard for us, but it would almost seem unfair to have two of the best young Centers in the league on the same team. Still, I'd manage to live with it somehow

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouncey isn't making it past #18.

If he's there, Pittsburgh will jump on him in a heartbeat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec230 View Post
    Pouncey/Iupati only makes sense if we are indeed planning on trading/releasing Faneca.
    I disagree 100%. We're going on two consecutive years with no major injuries to our offensive line. Don't expect a 3rd. You can never have enough depth along the line, especially with Faneca getting up there in age.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mario8723 View Post
    I disagree 100%. We're going on two consecutive years with no major injuries to our offensive line. Don't expect a 3rd. You can never have enough depth along the line, especially with Faneca getting up there in age.
    This is 100% correct.....

First id love pouncey, even if we traded up, guy is probably the best center prospect since Mangold, and is big enough/athletic enough (6'5 315) to play guard and eventually RT (aka Woody).

We have been very fortunate with injuries....why not let him backup all 3 interior line positions this year, develop as a Pro (came out as jr) and step in with some experience next year at LG.

Just because he has the talent to start on basically every team, doesnt mean we pass on him because he cant start day one on our line.

This is the type of pick that solidifies our line for the next 5 years.....Id love it.