Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN or NFL Network for draft tonight?

ESPN or NFL Network for draft tonight?

I know many of you might not have an option, but I am trying to decide which network to watch the draft on.

I'm leaning towards NFL Network since I've never watched it there before. I really like to see a lot of highlights on the players when drafted, so I guess I'll switch back and forth for the first few picks and see which does a better job.

What do you guys think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Mayock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kiper & McShay

Jets Insider VIP
    unfortunately since I am a time warner cable customer, espn is my only televised alternative.

However Sirius NFL radio is promising pick by pick coverage for all seven rounds of the draft, something neither of the TV alternatives do once the second round is over. On ESPN we get blabbing tapeheads, human interest stories and repeats of earlier highlights of top picks while the only update on current picks is on a scrawl at the bottom of the screeen.

So I'll probably have SAT radio on in the background for the entire draft and just turn off the TV halfway through Friday and most of Saturday

All League
    NFL without a doubt. Can't stand ESPN's draft coverage.

Eisen is better than Boomer by about a million. Mayock is better than anyone on ESPN by about a million as well. NFL Network, FTW. ESPN, for the suck.

Jets Insider VIP
    maybe they'll give Jim Mora Jr a copy of the last two year's standings so he can get himself up to date.

At the stadium :yes:

All League
    If you have both networks there is no choice at all, Mayock is the best
    draft analyst in the business.

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3570355]NFL without a doubt. Can't stand ESPN's draft coverage.

Eisen is better than Boomer by about a million. Mayock is better than anyone on ESPN by about a million as well. NFL Network, FTW. ESPN, for the suck.[/QUOTE]

"I'm not saying, I'm just saying" - Rich Eisen when the Jets traded up for Sanchez... :D

Veteran
    Although I hardly ever watch ESPN any more I seem to watch them come draft time. NFL Network is constantly on at my house but when it comes to the draft I dont know what it is I just like ESPN.

I think both of there coverages are pretty good, it really comes down to the which guys you like more.

I think I just cant resist watching Boomer. He is just on of the all time classic guys.

With that said Ill probably switch back and forth.

[QUOTE=jets31;3570619]Although I hardly ever watch ESPN any more I seem to watch them come draft time. NFL Network is constantly on at my house but when it comes to the draft I dont know what it is I just like ESPN.

I think both of there coverages are pretty good, it really comes down to the which guys you like more.

I think I just cant resist watching Boomer. He is just on of the all time classic guys.

With that said Ill probably switch back and forth.[/QUOTE]

I watch Total Access every night @ 7:00
    My wife is like: " How can you stand watching those same commercials over & over & over again!"
    I just tell her, " I can watch Alyssa Milano all day long", too bad she isn't wearing a pair of jeans with the Jets logo on the *ss!

Practice Squad
    I like NFLN because mayock is a lot more insightful, he could get a job in the NFL if he wanted to IMO. + I despise seeing Kiper's big head, and I can't stand hearing McShay. Rich is also good, better then what ESPN has, so it all adds up. NFLN > ESPN

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=jetster;3570636]I watch Total Access every night @ 7:00
    My wife is like: " How can you stand watching those same commercials over & over & over again!"
    I just tell her, " I can watch Alyssa Milano all day long", too bad she isn't wearing a pair of jeans with the Jets logo on the *ss![/QUOTE]

Sure shes cute, but listening to "They still, LOVE to hate me" "The hair is like, standing up on your back" "DEVIN HESTER you are ridiculous" "Theres no greater feeling" and "This ones for Johnnn" .... gets pretty old

All League
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3570355]NFL without a doubt. Can't stand ESPN's draft coverage.

Eisen is better than Boomer by about a million. Mayock is better than anyone on ESPN by about a million as well. NFL Network, FTW. ESPN, for the suck.[/QUOTE]
    i like boomer, but i like eisen better. i'll probably bounce back and forth, but nfl network for the majority of the time. espn surrounds boomer with mediocre talent these days. kiper is ok, but mayock is better. i really think that the only guy on the entire network worth watching besides those two is jackson, and i don't know if jackson does the draft. i can't remember. i like pretty much everyone on the nfl network.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Used to be NFL Network for me, but now that Schefter's at ESPN, I'll be watching them.

All League
    i bounce back and forth, but prob more time on nfln

NFLN without question.

nfl network...espn is just too smaltzy

2 years ago, Mayock called EVERY first round pick before they were announced. To bad I don't have NFLN anymore. Eisen is great to, but I like Boomer too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Easy call, NFL Network. 6 hours, 23 minutes and counting...