View Poll Results: Who should the Jets draft at 29?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devin McCourty

11 20.75%
  • Linval Joseph

9 16.98%
  • Jerry Hughes

33 62.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCourty vs. Joseph vs. Hughes - Who ya got?

McCourty vs. Joseph vs. Hughes - Who ya got?

The Jets are on the clock at 29 with the choice of these three players. Who should we take? I'd love to see what Joseph could do for us but I'd have to take McCourty.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanmack View Post
    The Jets are on the clock at 29 with the choice of these three players. Who should we take? I'd love to see what Joseph could do for us but I'd have to take McCourty.
    This is a deep draft for corners. Go Hughes and get to the QB.

All League
    Hughes, no question. I'm fine with any of the three pass rushers we've been talking about consistently. I'd imagine [at least] one of them would slip to us at 29.

IMO, McCourty is a medicore cornerback and is no better then CB's which will be off the board in Round 2/3.

wouldn't mind Linval Joseph in Round 2. However, Joseph is a reach in Round 1.

hopefully Jerry Hughes will be on the board at #29. And hopefully he will be a New York Jet

_
    Last edited by vin777b; 04-22-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Hughes of the 3 fairly easily...I really hope we can trade down or up...preferably down I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jerry Hughes

Mark my words, Hughes and Worilds will turn out to be the best passrushers of this draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jerry Hughes

Mark my words, Hughes and Worilds will turn out to be the best passrushers of this draft class.
    The way the talk has been going as of lately...Sounds like Hughes will be long gone by the time 29 rolls around. I hope not though. Would love to get him.

All Pro
    Hughes by a mile.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Re Joseph, I was just looking at Draft Insiders final mock draft and they didn't have Joseph in the first 3 rounds. Obviously that's not dispositive of anything, but I think its at least a solid measuring stick as to whether he belongs in the Top 30.

I think I'd go Mccourty over Hughes. I've yet to warm to Hughes still.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Re Joseph, I was just looking at Draft Insiders final mock draft and they didn't have Joseph in the first 3 rounds. Obviously that's not dispositive of anything, but I think its at least a solid measuring stick as to whether he belongs in the Top 30.

I think I'd go Mccourty over Hughes. I've yet to warm to Hughes still.
    The guy on Movethesticks has the Chargers taking Joseph. His last mock is pretty interesting.

http://www.movethesticks.com/?p=1459

All Pro
    God help us... McCourty you guys? sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    says the guy who has Taylor Mays in his sig and avatar. Mark my words, McCourty will be a better pro player than Taylor Mays.

All Pro
    Mays is easy target for your disdain. If we do go corner, we take jackson before looking at McCourty.

...IMO

All Pro
    Mays is easy target for your disdain. If we do go corner, we take jackson before looking at McCourty.

...IMO
    I think Jackson is the 2nd best corner in the draft. He and Kyle Wilson are very very close IMO. Wouldn't mind one bit if they took KJ at 29.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

It would help if you made up your mind on the guy. One day you are in love with McCourty, the next day you hate him. At least be consistent, man.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    It would help if you made up your mind on the guy. One day you are in love with McCourty, the next day you hate him. At least be consistent, man.
    ?? You won't find anything from me since february applauding the McCourty pick. must have me confused with someone else. After i did some research on the corners, i've definitely fallen out of love with D.M. as a #29 selection

I'd love to pick Hughes and then trade up in the second to draft Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    I'd love to pick Hughes and then trade up in the second to draft Joseph.

agreed.

and Joseph may even be on the board at the Jets selection in Round 2

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

?? You won't find anything from me since february applauding the McCourty pick. must have me confused with someone else. After i did some research on the corners, i've definitely fallen out of love with D.M. as a #29 selection
    I was kidding....from your posts, it seems like the guy made a pass at yer woman, or something

All Pro
    i am guilty of overeacting... Dammit!!