Thread: Possible Trade Back Partner

Possible Trade Back Partner

If the Jets would like to trade back this year, I know who the first call I would make would be to. The Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have no 1st round pick but they have a 2nd and a 3rd. The biggest needs on the Panthers are WR and QB. Coincidentally enough, I think there is a very good possibility that only Dez Bryant goes in RD 1 as a WR. Therefore at 29 Carolina would have it's choice of Thomas, Tate, Benn, whoever they covet. In exchange the Jets get picks 48 and 78 in addition to 61.

interesting.....
    might actually work
    GETITDONETANMAN

All League
    Better yet, the Chargers. They have the 40th pick. They need RB & CB. I'd take their 40th & 3rd round pick for our 29th.

All Pro
    CAR said it has no interest in trading. They've mortgaged their first round picks the last 2 years and won't to get out of that habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    CAR said it has no interest in trading. They've mortgaged their first round picks the last 2 years and won't to get out of that habit.
    I live in Charlotte and completely understand... The stupid Panthers have for the past 2 years in a row traded the next years first round pick. The beauty of this trade is that they get to keep next years first. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying if I were Tanny and the player I really wanted wasn't available at 29 but Thomas, Tate, and Benn were, I would call Marty Hurny the Panthers GM and discuss the possibility.

Agreed they would be a good place to call on. There could be a ton of trade partners at or around 29. We still have to go by the mantra that if a guy is there we really like, we take him.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    i cant stand to watch all night to hear that the jets just traded their pick

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Detroit if Saffold is still available or Oakland if Weatherspoon is still on the board...

Jets would then take Asamoah....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Detroit if Saffold is still available or Oakland if Weatherspoon is still on the board...

For the briefest moment, I saw Oakland and thought you meant Asomugah. I really need a nap before the draft starts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post

There's not many moves the Jets could make that would upset me, but planning to let Faneca walk, creating a need, and then forcing ourselves to use a pick on a guard would pretty much suck.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There's not many moves the Jets could make that would upset me, but planning to let Faneca walk, creating a need, and then forcing ourselves to use a pick on a guard would pretty much suck.
    agree with you on the former but prepare yourself....will check in later tonight from RCMH...

Just rumors...

WesBunting from NFP:

Hearing the Bills want back in the first round for Tebow and the Jets could be the potential landing spot for the trade...

word.

-

i'd like it if the jets could get the bills' 3rd rounder. it would give tanny some flexibility to move around to get a few guys they like.

I agree, I guess it all depends on a few things. 1) Just how bad do the Jets think Faneca is or is going to be. 2) Will we solve that guard position for 10 years by making the pick. 3) How much cash are we saving without making changes in other more key positions.

Some of these moves might be totally predicated on locking up D'Brick, Mangold, Revis and possibly guys like Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Just rumors...

WesBunting from NFP:
    so the jets are going to trade with the Bills? note- stay loose and agile on Ricky Sapp...