Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Funny, Pats new TE

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This made me chuckle because when I first read it, I envisioned the guy sitting with his mom during an interview passing a joint back and forth to each other!
    wouldn't surprise...but it was like "okay mr TE- did you ever or do you smoke marijuana?" then Mr TE responds, "smoke it all the time- even with my mom"...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    wouldn't surprise...but it was like "okay mr TE- did you ever or do you smoke marijuana?" then Mr TE responds, "smoke it all the time- even with my mom"...
    Would this be Mr. Gronkowski or Mr. Hernandez?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Would this be Mr. Gronkowski or Mr. Hernandez?
    you'll have to come to your own conclusion on that one....

Veteran
    you'll have to come to your own conclusion on that one....
    It's 100% Hernandez...Gronkowski "dropped" because of his back injury. I was wondering why someone of his Hernandez's pass-catching ability dropped to the fourth. This certainly explains it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    It's 100% Hernandez...Gronkowski "dropped" because of his back injury. I was wondering why someone of his Hernandez's pass-catching ability dropped to the fourth. This certainly explains it.
    Either way, I'm sure Moss can hook him up with some peeps in the Foxboro area.

Since my opinion had nothing to do with Ted Johnson and presumably the same people who were responsible for that decision are making decisions on guys who have had back surgeries, I don't see how I have anything to do with it. That Patsie Kool-Aide is some powerful stuff.

You opened the door with the "medical professionals" comment. Sorry.
    these are two completely different issues, though, no? the direct analogy is vollmer -- he had the exact same surgery we're talking about with gronkowski and has looked more than fine since and presumably the same pats' docs who evaluated that very same issue in connection with the vollmer pick did the very same analysis of the very same issue with gronkowski, so what is the basis of your opinion that gronkowski is going to have a short and/or injury plagued career?

i just don't get the relevance of the johnson comment at all. we were talking about back injuries on players drafted in 2009 and 2010 and you start talking about head injuries on a player several years ago where the thinking on head injuries in professional sports generally (not just the pats) has been rapidly evolving for the better. and are you saying that the same doctor who advises that ted johnson is ok to go with a head injury is the same guy who says that rob gronkowski is ok to go with a repaired herniated disk? i don't know many doctors who have a dual specialty in orthopedics and neurology. like i said, i just don't get it.
    Last edited by AFCEastFan; 04-24-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Either way, I'm sure Moss can hook him up with some peeps in the Foxboro area.
    yet another difference between the model franchise that is the jets and the patriots. the jets would NEVER allow a pot-smoking receiver on their team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    these are two completely different issues, though, no? the direct analogy is vollmer -- he had the exact same surgery we're talking about with gronkowski and has looked more than fine since and presumably the same pats' docs who evaluated that very same issue in connection with the vollmer pick did the very same analysis of the very same issue with gronkowski, so what is the basis of your opinion that gronkowski is going to have a short and/or injury plagued career?

i just don't get the relevance of the johnson comment at all. we were talking about back injuries on players drafted in 2009 and 2010 and you start talking about head injuries on a player several years ago where the thinking on head injuries in professional sports generally (not just the pats) has been rapidly evolving for the better. and are you saying that the same doctor who advises that ted johnson is ok to go with a head injury is the same guy who says that rob gronkowski is ok to go with a repaired herniated disk. i know a lot of doctors who have a dual specialty in orthopedics and neurology. like i said, i just don't get it.
    Just pointing out that "medical professionals" are fallible.

Back to my original comment...I said "long term." Let's see where these two are after a couple more years of the daily grind leveraging their surgically repaired backs against 300 pound linemen.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post

i just don't get the relevance of the johnson comment at all. we were talking about back injuries on players drafted in 2009 and 2010 and you start talking about head injuries on a player several years ago where the thinking on head injuries in professional sports generally (not just the pats) has been rapidly evolving for the better. and are you saying that the same doctor who advises that ted johnson is ok to go with a head injury is the same guy who says that rob gronkowski is ok to go with a repaired herniated disk? i don't know many doctors who have a dual specialty in orthopedics and neurology. like i said, i just don't get it.
    didn't follow the discussion but I will tell you this- Gronkowski's older brother was a promising major league baseball prospect whose career was cut short by a back injury....

didn't follow the discussion but I will tell you this- Gronkowski's older brother was a promising major league baseball prospect whose career was cut short by a back injury....
    don't get me wrong; obviously i'd prefer no medical history on gronkowski, vollmer or any patriots pick, let alone a back injury. but in the case of vollmer, and now gronkowski, the team did their diligence and concluded that the player's high upside and relative health outweighs the medical risk.

not sure at all how congenital back issues might play into gronkowski's health. all i know is that if the ravens can get comfortable taking devard darling in the 3rd round, i think teams have the resources to get reasonably comfortable with any potential congenital issue facing their potential draftees.

Jets Insider VIP
    one thing about Billy the Draft Whiffer..... he sure can accumulate late round picks that don't pan out and he is the best ever at accumulating Tight Ends through the draft. free agency, trades and UDFA signings that are no longer on the roster in a season or two...

something like 17 since 2006

All Pro

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by FF2ģ View Post
    Jordy >>> medical professionals
    Jordy = Moga?

Hall Of Fame
    several weeks ago don banks of SI.com wrote an article about the massive use of marijuana in college by nfl prospects....in the article he writes about one nfl coach mentioning a player at the combine who admitted smoking weed with his mom during interviews....

i wonder if its' tough to get quality weed in the boston/foxboro area...

that's all i'll say about that in this topic....
    Not at all, seems like kind bud is the only stuff you can get actually...
    Probably doesn't hurt that it's now decriminalized and you can carry up to an ounce.
    Too bad I don't smoke anymore...

Having said that, HAHAHHAAA! Those retards drafted ANOTHER tight end?!?!
    And those raving "oooh, BB is so smart, he got 2nd round picks for next year!" - Which he can then trade down for more 5th rounders.
    Bellichicken is afraid to pick players in the draft because he's a fool and continues to prove that he's a loser when he's not cheating.

All League
    I would post a list of all the busts that the Patriots have drafted over the last decade, but I just don't have time to list 100 scrubs. Let's face it... Belichick always gets a ton of picks, and VERY few actually pan out to anything.

So yeah... forgive me for not really trusting anyone Belichick drafts... It's by far the weakest part of his coaching. I heard a funny line the other day talking about the amount of picks Belichick has this year:

"Jamarcus Russell is to playing Quarterback as Belichick is to drafting players."

Everyone paints him out as a genius drafter, but all he does is trade out of the high spots because they don't want to pay the money and end up with players who will inevitably be cut.

And everyone and their mothers knows its true. Lawrence Maroney was going to be great until Patriot fans found out why he dropped in the draft. He has never been able to stay healthy. Now we are just going to have to hear the same thing about Gronkowski for the next two years until Patriot fans kick his ass to the curb as well.
    Last edited by rep; 04-24-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: took out percentages which would have been disputed and ruined the point of the thread.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    The Pats came away filling 4 positions of need with solid picks. The trading down netted them a second round pick from Carolina next year, so they'll have 2 #1s and 2 #2s. I consider that "good", don't you?
    Let's stop kidding ourselves.. One of those #1's will be traded completely out of the first round for like two #2 picks, one of which will be a complete bust, and another who will be decent, but nowhere near the quality that the #1 player would have been. And the other #1 will be traded for a lower #1 pick and a #3 pick, who will probably be a bust, leaving the Patriots with one low #1 pick, a decent player, and a couple scrubs. Oh wait, that's not quite right, they'll probably trade their lower #2's for a lower #2 and a #3 pick, so they'll end up with a whole lot of lower picks for Patriot fans to be all excited about, most of which never pan out.

So yeah... Forgive me for not being too scared, because we all know what is how Belichick operates.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAVIS BICKLE View Post
    HAHAHAHA

"Gronkowski is a first round talent who probably got hurt shaking Roger Goodellís hand Ö heís a porcelain doll."

"he canít be counted on to last more than ten minutes. He missed time with mono, missed most of last year with a herniated disk, and he has never been able to show he can play for a full season"

Way to go Billy
    I love that kinda attitude, as long as he keeps his mouth shut. Can't have enough crazy white boys.

Banned
    Smell the Fear....

Pats are reloading for another run......

Jets are hoping Sanchez doesn't hit a sophomore slump....

Pats are shoring up D vs run and adding offensive firepower.

Their pick of McCourty may prove to be the biggest addition to their D in the nickel pkg and run support...

The only fault so far is not taking a RB sooner....hate to rely on the Bucket List guys to move the chains on the ground....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxJet07 View Post
    Smell the Fear....

Pats are reloading for another run......

Jets are hoping Sanchez doesn't hit a sophomore slump....

Pats are shoring up D vs run and adding offensive firepower.

Their pick of McCourty may prove to be the biggest addition to their D in the nickel pkg and run support...

The only fault so far is not taking a RB sooner....hate to rely on the Bucket List guys to move the chains on the ground....
    take this drivel and discuss it with sporti

Banned
    Didn't realize RJC banned you.......lol

So I have to come here to harass you?

Interesting draft so far......Jets picked up a couple of good players and some head scratchers.....

BB goes gem hunting in the 6th and 7th round with 6 picks.......

Jets Insider VIP
    what does your intellectual equal sporti think.

banned?

I banned myself by deciding never to post at that juvenile smack sewer again. Apparently your addiction is too great to stop