Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Funny, Pats new TE

Jets Insider VIP
    the only problem with Whiffing Billy making all these picks is that they all end up cut before September, on the practice squad, on other teams practice squads and then out of football before the next draft or the one after

"
    Mike Mayock, NFL Network
    The Patriots just took their second TE of the draft. Their second-round pick, Rob Gronkowski, is an excellent in-line blocker and a talented pass receiver. Aaron Hernandez is one of the most physically gifted H-Backs in the draft. He's a move guy that will cause mismatch problems in the middle of the field. I love these picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    I wonder if you'll still be laughing when this 6'7" TE keeps burning you over the middle in place of Welker early in the season.

BB has worked his magic again this draft and you're not man enough to admit it.

He stole Gronk out from under Baltimore, who still tried to weasle their way to grab him. http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...tail&pid=42669
    First of all, he measured 6'6" and is he 100%? A 21 year old with a herniated disc in his back does not bode well for the long term. Good luck with that.

But then, BB has proven himself to be a draft genius, right? LMAO

Jets Insider VIP
    Tight Ends number 17 and 18 since 2006 in the never ending Billy the Whiffer Tight End Revolving door

I'm glad you find me funny. Will you still be laughing when the Pats beat out the jets in the division yet again this year? How about when the Jets go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs entirely?
    We'll see who's laughing when the season is over. I'm pretty confident right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    "
    From Mayock's mouth to God's ears.

I bet it's hard to block 300 pound dudes with a herniated disc. That's gotta take its toll.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder if you'll still be laughing when this 6'7" TE keeps burning you over the middle in place of Welker early in the season.

BB has worked his magic again this draft and you're not man enough to admit it.

He stole Gronk out from under Baltimore, who still tried to weasle their way to grab him. http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...tail&pid=42669
    BB working his magic in the draft? Why does everyone keep saying this?

How many impact players have the Pats acquired in recent years with this "trade down and get as many picks as possible" philosophy?

With so much ammo to work with, I don't understand why the Pats haven't attempted to move up and get a couple of blue chip prospects the past couple of years. God knows they could use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    First of all, he measured 6'6" and is he 100%? A 21 year old with a herniated disc in his back does not bode well for the long term. Good luck with that.

But then, BB has proven himself to be a draft genius, right? LMAO
    Hi Jordy. Sebastian Vollmer had a herniated disk in college too. I think that was 3 years ago and the guy's been on a steep improvement incline ever since. I think that the Patriots might have medical professionals that they consult with as well before investing a high pick in a player with such an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Tight Ends number 17 and 18 since 2006 in the never ending Billy the Whiffer Tight End Revolving door
    Well, the Jets left the Patriots with no choice after stealing Joe McKnight from under their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    We'll see who's laughing when the season is over. I'm pretty confident right now.
    So am I and every other Pats fan out there. But who doesn't feel confident about their team on draft day? Looking forward to the regular season!

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Hi Jordy. Sebastian Vollmer had a herniated disk in college too. I think that was 3 years ago and the guy's been on a steep improvement incline ever since. I think that the Patriots might have medical professionals that they consult with as well before investing a high pick in a player with such an injury.
    Jordy >>> medical professionals

Jets Insider VIP
    Are those the same medical professionals who cleared Ted Johnson to play with a dangerous head injury?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Jordy >>> medical professionals
    Right you are -- see post #32!

Jets Insider VIP
    Right you are -- see post #32!
    Post #32 exposed your "medical professionals" comment, did it not?

Post #32 exposed your "medical professionals" comment, did it not?
    nope -- just your high self-opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

several weeks ago don banks of SI.com wrote an article about the massive use of marijuana in college by nfl prospects....in the article he writes about one nfl coach mentioning a player at the combine who admitted smoking weed with his mom during interviews....

i wonder if its' tough to get quality weed in the boston/foxboro area...

that's all i'll say about that in this topic....

Jets Insider VIP
    Are those the same medical professionals who cleared Ted Johnson to play with a dangerous head injury?
    Dude please there is absolutely no place for logic or reason with these guys. They holding on to Roidtiz and his Dominican shakes.

All Pro
    Dooshey Bill is a lot better at stockpiling picks than selecting players. But hey, you can't have everything.

Jets Insider VIP
    nope -- just your high self-opinion.
    Since my opinion had nothing to do with Ted Johnson and presumably the same people who were responsible for that decision are making decisions on guys who have had back surgeries, I don't see how I have anything to do with it. That Patsie Kool-Aide is some powerful stuff.

You opened the door with the "medical professionals" comment. Sorry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    several weeks ago don banks of SI.com wrote an article about the massive use of marijuana in college by nfl prospects....in the article he writes about one nfl coach mentioning a player at the combine who admitted smoking weed with his mom during interviews....

i wonder if its' tough to get quality weed in the boston/foxboro area...

that's all i'll say about that in this topic....
    This made me chuckle because when I first read it, I envisioned the guy sitting with his mom during an interview passing a joint back and forth to each other!