Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011 Number 1 overall pick will be ...

At this point prolly Locker

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    At this point prolly Locker
    all the experts love Locker and they are pretty high on another pac 10/12 QB, andrew luck from stanford

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    all the experts love Locker and they are pretty high on another pac 10/12 QB, andrew luck from stanford
    i watched all three big named QB (Mallett, Locker, Luck) this summer...just finished watching Locker....in May Mallett was my number one guy....after really watching these guys there's no doubt in my mind Luck is hands down the best...terrific arm, great pocket intangibles, smart and much more accurate than the other two- not even close when it comes to pure pass placement...also more NFL ready even though he's just a 3So....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    i watched all three big named QB (Mallett, Locker, Luck) this summer...just finished watching Locker....in May Mallett was my number one guy....after really watching these guys there's no doubt in my mind Luck is hands down the best...terrific arm, great pocket intangibles, smart and much more accurate than the other two- not even close when it comes to pure pass placement...also more NFL ready even though he's just a 3So....
    Agreed, I've watched too many games with Mallett where he just couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. I'm sure he'll blow people away with the arm strength though so I think his stock could be inflated for awhile. I'm "meh" on Locker.

I love Luck though and I think Ponder's also going to do some really big things this year.

He's also familar with the pro systems thanks to the offensive of his coach, Jim Harbaugh...that's another leg up he has on other QB's

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I am going to take a look at Von Miller this year as a possible candidate for the Jets in 2011, kid put up 15 sacks this year.

Von Miller would be a good option.

Also, watch Akeem Ayers.......would be an excellent addition since Jason Taylor will probably be one and done.

All League
    Difficult to determine the #1 pick...it all depends on the Team with the first pick. A team that doesn't need a QB (St Louis) would be looking at Robert Quinn, IMO the best defensive player in this class.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post

Also, watch Akeem Ayers.......would be an excellent addition since Jason Taylor will probably be one and done.
    Ayers is a terrific prospect and expected to enter the draft but he's an average pass rusher...more of a classic 4-3 strong side linebacker that can line up over the tight end and devastate opponents in space...

Ayers is a terrific prospect and expected to enter the draft but he's an average pass rusher...more of a classic 4-3 strong side linebacker that can line up over the tight end and devastate opponents in space...
    What do you think of Miller?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

What do you think of Miller?
    love him as a college player, like him as a prospect, there's just something about TAMU pass rushers that has always made me hesistant....

love him as a college player, like him as a prospect, there's just something about TAMU pass rushers that has always made me hesistant....
    Quentin Coryatt flashbacks?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

just one of many....

Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post

Justin Houston is going to wreak havoc on the SEC in UGA's new 3-4. Bulldog fans have a collective chubby for this guy...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Justin Houston is going to wreak havoc on the SEC in UGA's new 3-4. Bulldog fans have a collective chubby for this guy...
    his games gone in the sh!tter the past couple of seasons....he and Gamble....really thought early on both those guys would be big time yet they never progressed...

Aaron Wallace?John Roper?

his games gone in the sh!tter the past couple of seasons....he and Gamble....really thought early on both those guys would be big time yet they never progressed...
    Maybe so, but UGA fans can't stop talking about him.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

unfuqin real...Luck is just so fuqin incredible....pray the Bills pull four wins from the jockstraps this year....definitely don't want to be facing Luck twice a year...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    With a big season, wouldn't be suprised to see Andrew Luck declare and be in the #1 overall discussion.
    Genius

Rookie
    well since we are winning the superbowl this year we pick LAST in the first round.....cant see how we get him unless we trade up.