Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: How stacked is next year's draft compared to this one?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How stacked is next year's draft compared to this one?

I know there will plenty of DE's again, maybe we land one of the top. Also if we lose Braylon or Holmes, we will need to draft a receiver, besides Julio Jones and the kid from Pitt, who else looks good for next year?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael Floyd from Notre Dame 6-3 220 pounds nice big size to replace edwards or whoever we don't sign. Robert Quinn DE from UNC 6-5 260 and Marvin Austin DT from UNC 6-3 305 pounds probably would have been a top 15 pick this had he actually decided to come out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I know there will plenty of DE's again, maybe we land one of the top. Also if we lose Braylon or Holmes, we will need to draft a receiver, besides Julio Jones and the kid from Pitt, who else looks good for next year?
    The kid from Pitt is Romeus. Dunlap without the turd-like qualities.

But I also think his partner in crime on the other side(Sheard) is pretty good too...underrated...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A WR I really like is Greg Little of North Carolina. Inconsistent right now(he did come to UNC as a RB), but a guy that oozes potential. Big, fast, can make the spectacular grab and has the ability to break tackles like a RB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Butch Davis is a monster at producing NFL prospects. From his days at The U to now at UNC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think 2011's 1st round talent will be just as good, if not better, but the draft won't be as deep altogether.

AJ Green WR from Georgia.

Donta Hightower, ILB Bama

Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama

Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State

Adrian Clayborn, DE/DT, Iowa

Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Just to name a few.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I think 2011's 1st round talent will be just as good, if not better, but the draft won't be as deep altogether.

AJ Green WR from Georgia.

Donta Hightower, ILB Bama

Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama

Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State

Adrian Clayborn, DE/DT, Iowa

Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Just to name a few.
    That's how I think right now. The first and second rounds will probably be great, but after that, not as good as 2010's draft. This draft has a lot of good QBs, WRs, and DEs, from what I've seen so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say i can really list of too many defensive prospects for next year, but i do think receivers Floyd, Green, Jones and Baldwin all go in the first next year if they have similar seasons.

Mayock said there's also 3-4 QBs with 1st round grade talent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    Butch Davis is a monster at producing NFL prospects. From his days at The U to now at UNC.
    get ready for the jets to draft two defensive ends next year in the first and the thrd round

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    please spare your self the embarrassment of attacking other people's intelligence...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman778 View Post
    please spare your self the embarrassment of attacking other people's intelligence...
    die

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There might be 4 WRs rated higher than Dez Bryant next season - As far as I've heard this will be a thinner draft relative to last year, but better at the top. Where as last year DTs where at the top of the draft and deep throughout, next year could be the year to pick up that special DE - Either 3-4 or 4-3.

Unfortunately for the Pats Jermarcus Russell will no longer be sabotaging the progress of the Raiders, so its unlikely they will get that top 10 pick, but with 2 firsts and 2 seconds, they WILL have ammo to move up. I wouldn't be unhappy if they used one of the 2nds to make a move up if there there is a "special" DE in the top 10. I'd be very happy if they come out of the first 2 rounds with that DE. WR. and a RB - but who knows

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    The kid from Pitt is Romeus. Dunlap without the turd-like qualities.

But I also think his partner in crime on the other side(Sheard) is pretty good too...underrated...
    sheard's strictly a 4-3/DE...i think the OT could be the first Panther drafted....

potentially very good d-line class, overrated WR class...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... shoot, forgot that i have to root for the raiders to have a good record for the draft board next season ... ugghhhh ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with a few posters...the depth of 2011's draft won't be as strong, but Round 1 may be just as solid or even better than 2010..depending on who declares.

DE, 3-4OLB & WR.......seem to be strenghts of possible Rd 1 talent, all positions of need for the Jets.