View Poll Results: Who's Better

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mel Kiper

    31 72.09%
  • Todd McShay

    12 27.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Mel Kiper or Todd McShay

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    850

    Mel Kiper or Todd McShay

    Who's better?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,143
    If you were to personally ask every scout in the NFL "who was better," I have no doubt that 99% of them would answer Mel Kiper.

    Todd McShay thought Andre Woodson would be a first round pick; he lasted until round six.

    Conversely, Mel Kiper though Jimmy Clausen would be a first rounder, and he went in the second round.

    Mel Kiper takes a lot of flack from the scouting community, but there's a level of respect he's earned that McShay simply hasn't. I personally think McShay's a know-nothing clown.

    And I'm not a Kiper fan by any means, but he's better than McShay.

  3. #3
    Mike Mayock

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,132
    Mayock.

    The two listed are morons.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,017
    Kiper is one hyper speed junkie.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    Both seem like decent guys, but I prefer Kiper. I can tell he has a passion for his job and for football in general. Always nice to see people doing what they love.

    McShay I kinda felt bad for on days 1 and 2. He was stuck using that stupid CNN-type touch screen nonsense in some back room at Bristol while everyone else was at the draft. Talk about getting the short end of the stick.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    But yes, looking at all these other posts, I agree... Mayock is better than both.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    850
    The thread was between two espn analysts, Kiper and McShay, not who was the best.
    If a few years ago someone said Clemens or Pennington would you respond Peyton Manning?
    Better luck next time though

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,108
    Kiper is miles ahead of McShay.

    Still, there's Mayock then everyone else.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    If you were to personally ask every scout in the NFL "who was better," I have no doubt that 99% of them would answer Mel Kiper.

    Todd McShay thought Andre Woodson would be a first round pick; he lasted until round six.

    Conversely, Mel Kiper though Jimmy Clausen would be a first rounder, and he went in the second round.

    Mel Kiper takes a lot of flack from the scouting community, but there's a level of respect he's earned that McShay simply hasn't. I personally think McShay's a know-nothing clown.

    And I'm not a Kiper fan by any means, but he's better than McShay.
    Well said, his rankings were spot on

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Mayock > Kiper or McShay

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,954
    Kiper is the best. Mayock's lisp is annoying. and McShay is terrible.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Who's better?
    Kiper is better. McShay blows. Neither one compares to Mayock.

  14. #14
    Mel Kiper is and always will be the Dick Clark of the NFL Draft. I like him.



    by the way, i coined that phrase : )


    _

  15. #15
    Kiper's hair is better, that thing is like a force of nature.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Kiper's hair is better, that thing is like a force of nature.
    Didn't Kiper actually work for the Baltimore Colts? Kiper's longevity alone puts him miles ahead of McShay.

  17. #17
    Mayock and Rang are miles ahead of Kiper who is miles ahead of McShay.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Didn't Kiper actually work for the Baltimore Colts? Kiper's longevity alone puts him miles ahead of McShay.
    No, he never actually worked for the Colts. In 1982 Ernie Accorsi offered him a job as an assistant/researcher with them, but when the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis, Kiper was left behind.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    No, he never actually worked for the Colts. In 1982 Ernie Accorsi offered him a job as an assistant/researcher with them, but when the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis, Kiper was left behind.
    Classic

    Bill Tobin, then the Colts' director of football operations, stated "Who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway? To my knowledge, he's never put on a jockstrap, he's never been a player, and all of a sudden he's an expert. He's never been a scout. He's never been an administrator. Mel has no more credibility to do what he's doing than my neighbor. And my neighbor is a postman who doesn't even have season tickets

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Kiper's hair is better, that thing is like a force of nature.

    best. line. ever



    _

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us