Thread: DT Mick Williams, Pitt

Veteran

Arrow DT Mick Williams, Pitt

I really think this guy will make the team. Short at 6'1 but Super quick for a DT I could see him getting into some games as a situational pass rusher.

Certainly I understand a 330 pound space eating NT. Mitch Williams is 6'1 280 doesn't have size, but has quickness and lateral speed. I am trying to understand Rex's definition of a NT. Last year Kroul came in and made the PS as a 6'3 280 lb NT.
    I can't understand the Jets passing on Cam Thomas in the 5th round, with the durabilty and age issues of Jenkins and Pouha.
    Does Mitch Williams have to make this team as a pass rushing NT ? Or as a quick penetrating NT ? Certainly a change in philosophy in the position of NT.
    Or does Mitch have to show something on Special Teams as the 7th defensive lineman ?

maybe psquad for year... its true kroul was too small at 280, lets see what he shows up at after a year in the str. program. Similar for Mick williams... could be decent if he gains another 10 or 20 lbs. but i agree he's got a better chance than most of the UDFA. the Jets seem to want cheap defensive linemen, aside from 1 or 2 stars like Jenks

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    maybe psquad for year... its true kroul was too small at 280, lets see what he shows up at after a year in the str. program. Similar for Mick williams... could be decent if he gains another 10 or 20 lbs. but i agree he's got a better chance than most of the UDFA. the Jets seem to want cheap defensive linemen, aside from 1 or 2 stars like Jenks
    I agree, I will be looking at Kroul's playing this year at TC, if he is at 295 or better , we may have something...

the durabilty and age issues of Jenkins and Pouha.

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    I agree, I will be looking at Kroul's playing this year at TC, if he is at 295 or better , we may have something...
    Offseason in the weights room and appropriate nutrition program should get him there easy

gotta good feeling about this Mick Williams character. All the reports on him talk about his tenacity, his hunger

those are Rex Ryan defensive hallmarks

he might need a year to gain about 10 or 20 pounds.. he might not... have alot more faith in the NFL career of Mick Williams than Rod Wright, if forced to choose.

Hard workers are tough to bet against

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    gotta good feeling about this Mick Williams character. All the reports on him talk about his tenacity, his hunger

those are Rex Ryan defensive hallmarks

he might need a year to gain about 10 or 20 pounds.. he might not... have alot more faith in the NFL career of Mick Williams than Rod Wright, if forced to choose.

Hard workers are tough to bet against
    Mick was cut today.

The New York Jets have signed fourth-round draft selection running back Joe McKnight and waived kicker Jared Ballman, safety Brannon Condren and defensive tackle Mick Williams. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...mcknight-signs

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Mick was cut today.

The New York Jets have signed fourth-round draft selection running back Joe McKnight and waived kicker Jared Ballman, safety Brannon Condren and defensive tackle Mick Williams. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...mcknight-signs
    Thank you for bringing up this old thread, gives a little perspective. IMO Mick has a chance to catch on to a 4-3 team where is expierance at Pitt as a 4-3 tackle may help him.