Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather Jr. vs. Mosley

Mayweather Jr. vs. Mosley

No one watches boxing anymore, eh

I'll be at Lone Star Park watching the simulcast tomorrow for the race and then directly to the bar for the fight...

Anyone else?

All League
    I'm out here in L.A. trying to get my friends to go out to a sports bar to watch the fight and . . . nadie!!!

Twenty years ago, it seemed like everyone was interested in the big fights. Now, I have a hard time finding anyone who shares the passion I do for the sport. Thus, I'll probably head out by myself for this one

definitely excited for the fight tonight! Having a bunch of people over - should be a good one. Mosley lost a close decision to Cotto, took care of Mayorga, and steamrolled Margarito. Anyone thinking Mayweather is going to coast may be mistaken.

No real rooting interest other than wanting to see Mayweather at least get beat on somewhat! Del La Hoya was the last one to make it somewhat close but I can't remember ever seeing Floyd in any real trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I'm out here in L.A. trying to get my friends to go out to a sports bar to watch the fight and . . . nadie!!!

Twenty years ago, it seemed like everyone was interested in the big fights. Now, I have a hard time finding anyone who shares the passion I do for the sport. Thus, I'll probably head out by myself for this one
    I'll never understand how the dry humping heros of the UFC are more appealing to some then the sweet science.

and yeah yeah I know... those dry humping heros can surely kick my a$$.. big deal.

All League
    I'm going against the flow and picking Mosley....He knows how to cut the ring off and won't allow PBF to duck and run....If PBF stands and fights, it will be Duran v. Leonard-1 all over again.

Mosley by decision.

Mosley by brutal 10th round KO

My money is on Mayweather.

Does anyone have a link to this fight?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this fight?
    please!

Round I 10-10

Mayweather getting rocked in 2

link went dead

any new ones?

whats going on in the fight?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    whats going on in the fight?
    PBF has won every round since round 2....His speed is just to much for Mosley....End of 12th round and end of fight....I'm sure it's gonna be a unanimous decision for PBF.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post

I had some interest in Boxing during my teenage years, but really have given up on it for the same reason as you. There isn't a single friend I have that I can get to watch it. There's absolutely zero interest in Boxing from my generation. Everyone is into the UFC garbage, which I hate personally and never have and never will watch. Not a knock on anyone here who enjoys UFC, it's just not for me.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 05-02-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Sanchez was at the fight they showed him in the beginning of the fight...

Props to Mosley for almost being the first fighter to knock Mayweather down...

Mayweather was just too fast and Mosley's conditioning was horrible...

Money

Too fast, too smart and just too damn good...

There's only one guy at 147 whose a legitimate challenge to Mayweather and his name is Paul Williams...

A lot of my friends wanted to see the fight, so I went along with them, but I generally like MMA a lot better.

No offense to the boxing fans, but I got so used to watching UFC fights with takedowns, kicks, and submissions that I can't just watch two guys with bigger gloves trading punches for an hour anymore.

Secondly, people of my generation never had a real boxing superstar. I was too young to watch Tyson, and there's a lack of contenders to place Mayweather or Pacquiao in that level.

Finally, the other thing that turns a lot of people off to boxing now is the BS that stops the super-fights from happening. If boxing had one main promotion with a president like Dana White, than there would be no way that Mayweather would be able to duck Pacquiao the way he's been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Props to Mosley for almost being the first fighter to knock Mayweather down...

Mayweather was just too fast and Mosley's conditioning was horrible...

Money
    What a fight. I thought the ref let PBF get away with some elbows and dirty tactics but Shane also lost focus and got caught hit cleanly after breaks because his mind didn't seem altogether there. At 38 years of age and after the wars he's in it would be hard for him to stay with PBF over 12 rounds.
    Looking 4wrd to Pacman and Floyd settling it in the ring soon.