Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather Jr. vs. Mosley

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Too fast, too smart and just too damn good...

There's only one guy at 147 whose a legitimate challenge to Mayweather and his name is Paul Williams...
    Paul Williams has already fought his last fight at 147. Besides, do you honestly think Mayweather would want to fight him? First of all, he's not marketable enough. The other issue is Williams would be a really tough matchup for Floyd because of his height.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    A lot of my friends wanted to see the fight, so I went along with them, but I generally like MMA a lot better.

No offense to the boxing fans, but I got so used to watching UFC fights with takedowns, kicks, and submissions that I can't just watch two guys with bigger gloves trading punches for an hour anymore.

Secondly, people of my generation never had a real boxing superstar. I was too young to watch Tyson, and there's a lack of contenders to place Mayweather or Pacquiao in that level.

Finally, the other thing that turns a lot of people off to boxing now is the BS that stops the super-fights from happening. If boxing had one main promotion with a president like Dana White, than there would be no way that Mayweather would be able to duck Pacquiao the way he's been doing.
    i agree with everything except that i love boxing and i can easily watch it for an hour.

and i honestly don't like MMA at all. it's too brutal, it's untraditional, and they spend 70-80% of the time cuddling up. it's very annoying to me. the ref last night said it best, "stop wrestling around and fight!"

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    What a fight. I thought the ref let PBF get away with some elbows and dirty tactics but Shane also lost focus and got caught hit cleanly after breaks because his mind didn't seem altogether there. At 38 years of age and after the wars he's in it would be hard for him to stay with PBF over 12 rounds.
    Looking 4wrd to Pacman and Floyd settling it in the ring soon.
    If you're going to throw the ref under the bus for only giving soft warnings on Mayweather's elbows, you should clearly applaud him for not disqualifying Mosley for bullrushing Mayweather on more than one occassion... One of which could have knocked Floyd out of the ring...

Mosley was beat, knew he was beat and just didn't have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Paul Williams has already fought his last fight at 147. Besides, do you honestly think Mayweather would want to fight him? First of all, he's not marketable enough. The other issue is Williams would be a really tough matchup for Floyd because of his height.
    I never said Mayweather would take the fight, all i said was Williams is the only legitimate challenger left for him at 147...There is no he fought his last fight at 147 or he can't make the weight anymore...If Mayweather wants to fight him, Williams will make weight for that paycheck...It's also worth mentioning Williams called him out again last week before the fight...

Will it happen? i doubt it, like you said Willimas is too dangerous and not marketable...Odds are the Pacquiao fight will get signed, Mayweather will thoroughly outclass him and then hit the road on that European Tyson like tour he's been wanting to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    If you're going to throw the ref under the bus for only giving soft warnings on Mayweather's elbows, you should clearly applaud him for not disqualifying Mosley for bullrushing Mayweather on more than one occassion... One of which could have knocked Floyd out of the ring...

Mosley was beat, knew he was beat and just didn't have an answer.
    Calm down mate. You can applaud the ref for doing his job in that case. I thought the bullrushing tactic was messy and ugly but "knocking PBF out of the ring" is exaggerating to make a point. Mosley was beat fair and square, that's obvious to everyone.

All League
    I didn't watch the fight but I wanted to, prior arrangements. But from watching the highlights I thought Mayweather beat the snot out of him. For all the arrogance and bragging he does, clearly he's one of the best of all time. Mayweather may go undefeated if Pac can't show that he's punching power can really hurt Mayweather. My guess from watching only two fights of Pac is that while he may have a bit more power than Mosely, he isn't as fast/quick as the supremely elite Mayweather. His defense is so good that I've seen three straight fighters get frustrated because they can't consistantly hit him with a jab. I really don't care where the fight is or will be - I'm putting money on Mayweather.