Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 20,000 Post Club

Jets Insider VIP
    Congrats

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3591734]Thank you, Phoenixx. Thank you, Sean. Thank you, moderators. For those of you watching at home, I thank you as well. You like me. You really, really like me. They say when moments like this occur, you should be prepared with a speech because you'll get all emotional and won't know what to say. As such, I have a few words I would like to say.

To be honored by one's fellow men is a rich and pleasant experience. But to receive the uniquely high honor here bestowed today, because of the world view of Joe Namath long ago, is an overwhelming experience. To the President and members of the board of Jets Insider I may say of their action, which at this hour finds its culmination, only that I am appreciative beyond the puny power of words to convey. I am inspired by your confidence.

I am not unaware, of course, of the special and broad significance of this award - far transcending its importance or significance to me as an individual - in an imperfect and restive sport in which inequalities among teams, racial and religious bigotries, prejudices and taboos are endemic and stubbornly persistent. From this northern land has come a vibrant note of hope and inspiration for vast millions of people whose bitter experience has impressed upon them that color and inequality are inexorably concomitant.

There are many who figuratively stand beside me today and who are also honored here. I am but one of many cogs in the wheel that is Jets Insider, the greatest fan organization ever dedicated to the salvation of a New York sports team's future on earth. It is, indeed, itself an honor to be enabled to practise the arts of peace under the aegis of the JI family.

In a dark and perilous hour of human history, when the future of all mankind hangs fatefully in the balance, it is of special symbolic significance that in New Jersey, this traditionally peace-loving nation, and among such friendly and kindly people of great good-will, this ceremony should be held for the exclusive purpose of paying high tribute to the sacred cause of peace on earth, good-will among men, the quest for Lombardi.

May there be freedom, equality and brotherhood among all men. May there be morality in the relations among nations. May upper deckers stay away from PSL owners, their BMW's, their daughters. May there be, in our time, at long last, a world at peace in which we, the Jets fans, may for once begin to make full use of the great good that is in us.

Thank you. Thank you all very much.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    That's a great post; in America, no less. Land o' Florham. Well said.

SAR, I am glad you never leave yourself speechless. ;)

[QUOTE=Banks81;3591886]His job consisted of reading magazines after some dude sh!t on them. Sloppy seconds.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Classic thread!! :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3591904]That's a great post; in America, no less. Land o' Florham. Well said.

SAR, I am glad you never leave yourself speechless. ;)[/QUOTE]
    :D

i see you're right around the corner from joining the club yourself..

congrats to you (when you hit the mark) & the 20,000 post club as well..

Oddly, if you remove posts related to Chad Pennington, the new stadium, TV's, and sex from SAR's total, he only has 12.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3591734]Thank you, Phoenixx. Thank you, Sean. Thank you, moderators. For those of you watching at home, I thank you as well. You like me. You really, really like me. They say when moments like this occur, you should be prepared with a speech because you'll get all emotional and won't know what to say. As such, I have a few words I would like to say.

To be honored by one's fellow men is a rich and pleasant experience. But to receive the uniquely high honor here bestowed today, because of the world view of Joe Namath long ago, is an overwhelming experience. To the President and members of the board of Jets Insider I may say of their action, which at this hour finds its culmination, only that I am appreciative beyond the puny power of words to convey. I am inspired by your confidence.

I am not unaware, of course, of the special and broad significance of this award - far transcending its importance or significance to me as an individual - in an imperfect and restive sport in which inequalities among teams, racial and religious bigotries, prejudices and taboos are endemic and stubbornly persistent. From this northern land has come a vibrant note of hope and inspiration for vast millions of people whose bitter experience has impressed upon them that color and inequality are inexorably concomitant.

There are many who figuratively stand beside me today and who are also honored here. I am but one of many cogs in the wheel that is Jets Insider, the greatest fan organization ever dedicated to the salvation of a New York sports team's future on earth. It is, indeed, itself an honor to be enabled to practise the arts of peace under the aegis of the JI family.

In a dark and perilous hour of human history, when the future of all mankind hangs fatefully in the balance, it is of special symbolic significance that in New Jersey, this traditionally peace-loving nation, and among such friendly and kindly people of great good-will, this ceremony should be held for the exclusive purpose of paying high tribute to the sacred cause of peace on earth, good-will among men, the quest for Lombardi.

May there be freedom, equality and brotherhood among all men. May there be morality in the relations among nations. May upper deckers stay away from PSL owners, their BMW's, their daughters. May there be, in our time, at long last, a world at peace in which we, the Jets fans, may for once begin to make full use of the great good that is in us.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Ralph Bunche acceptance speech?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3591967]Ralph Bunche acceptance speech?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I only respond to members with a minimum of 2,000 posts.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3592009]Sorry, I only respond to members with a minimum of 2,000 posts.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I wish that were the case. ;)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3591956]Oddly, if you remove posts related to Chad Pennington, the new stadium, TV's, and sex from SAR's total, he only has 12.[/QUOTE]

Herman Edwards.

Wealthy Man's Forum.

BMW's.

iPhone/iPod/iPad.

That's another 12 posts right there. And I'd be at 35,000 right now if we didn't create The Hangar and allowed OT posts on the Strip.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3592012]I wish that were the case. [/QUOTE]

Because I detest Fireman Ed, I have decided to put the power of my 26,000 posts behind you as my candidate for New Jets Stadium Superfan Mascot.

Let me know what I can do to help you. I want Ed off TV, want you and your band of Meximpersonators on it.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3591904]That's a great post; in America, no less. Land o' Florham. Well said.

SAR, I am glad you never leave yourself speechless. [/QUOTE]

You're 675 posts away. Time to create a "Scenes From An African Watering Hole II" thread and we'll have you in the club by June.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;3592016]Because I detest Fireman Ed, I have decided to put the power of my 26,000 posts behind you as my candidate for New Jets Stadium Superfan Mascot.

Let me know what I can do to help you. I want Ed off TV, want you and your band of Meximpersonators on it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I dunno...this might really piss off the people in the "American flagged kids sent home from school" thread. I share your dislike for him. Our season tix were directly next to him like.... him and his wife were 1,2 and we were 4,5,6,7. Painful.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3592020]I dunno...this might really piss off the people in the "American flagged kids sent home from school" thread. I share your dislike for him. Our season tix were directly next to him like.... him and his wife were 1,2 and we were 4,5,6,7. Painful.[/QUOTE]

I sat above you in 233 then.

Jets fans will embrace you because you represent Mark Sanchez, you represent minorities in a melting-pot town, you come across as sincere (though we know you're in it for the attention which is disgusting), and you're not a tired old b*tch with emotional issues like Firedog Fred.

So, let's get to it. Let's get you on CBS and get Ed out of here. Where are your seats in the new stadium? Are they TV friendly?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=SAR I;3592013]Herman Edwards.

Wealthy Man's Forum.

BMW's.

iPhone/iPod/iPad.

That's another 12 posts right there. And I'd be at 35,000 right now if we didn't create The Hangar and allowed OT posts on the Strip.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Requests for a pic of a girlfriends/wife's feet need to be somewhere near the top.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3591886]His job consisted of reading magazines after some dude sh!t on them. Sloppy seconds.[/QUOTE]

And what about the chick at the takeout joint he never asked out?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The Academy Award for Leading Male Actor in a Cyber Comedy, Drama and/or Sports Documentary goes to SAR I. Congrads and Enjoy.

:iwon:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3591601]Haha, what a bunch of losers[/QUOTE]

:beerme:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3591590]In "honor" of SAR's milestone post this afternoon..here's a recap on the Top 20. sg3 needs another month or so. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually Phoenixx some of us have been on JI since it's early inception days when we used a slab of slate and a piece of chalk to leave messages for other posters to read. I joined here around 2001/2002 season & due to all the fantastic upgrades, long time members such as myself lost our previous post counts when Sean switched hosts/servers etc.

My guess is I have probably made over 100,000 posts here not including articles I have written over the years, covering the WSS debacle, training camps, off season events and other fun offerings courtesy of the NY Jets.

Wow, Jetsinsider is like eleven + years old? Thanks for the great 411 and laughs everyone. Good times, good times. :P

The Poastcount is a Lie.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3592019]You're 675 posts away. Time to create a "Scenes From An African Watering Hole II" thread and we'll have you in the club by June.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Would you guys have me? I'm a bit...irregular. :madman: