Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear LeBron, We Need You But you need us, too.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear LeBron, We Need You But you need us, too.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/lebron/...t-viewed-24h10

The 11 reasons why the New Yorker thinks LeBron should come to New York

I agree

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lebron is going to the Bulls unforttunately.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Lebron is going to the Bulls unforttunately.
    Would be absolutely retarded IMO.

LeBron wants to create his own image, be his own person?
    Yeah go play were the greatest basketball player of all time played.

Put up that performance last night in a Bulls uniform and he will soon be known as Prince James.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Would be absolutely retarded IMO.

LeBron wants to create his own image, be his own person?
    Yeah go play were the greatest basketball player of all time played.

Put up that performance last night in a Bulls uniform and he will soon be known as Prince James.
    Well as much as I actually wish I could agree with you other than resigning with Cleveland I think the only other possibility is going to the Bulls. David Stern wants it to happen and they already have Rose and Joakim Noah and a bunch of guys they can do a sign and trade with like Deng and Tyrus Thomas.

Did Babe Ruth's success prevent Joe Dimaggio, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle from being great Yankees? No. The Bulls are going to be the Yankees of baseball and the Knicks are going to end up being the Red Sox with Patrick Ewing as our version of Ted Williams. Life sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody seems to be counting out the Nets as a team that Lebron would come to. The Nets new owner was aproved yesterday by all NBA owners, and this guy has the Boss type of mentality when it comes to winning(spend whatever it takes). I think the Nets have a better shot of getting Lebron then the Knicks do. Hope the Nets do well in the lottery and get the first pick!

The Russian Revolution has started for the soon to be Brooklyn Nets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Everybody seems to be counting out the Nets as a team that Lebron would come to. The Nets new owner was aproved yesterday by all NBA owners, and this guy has the Boss type of mentality when it comes to winning(spend whatever it takes). I think the Nets have a better shot of getting Lebron then the Knicks do. Hope the Nets do well in the lottery and get the first pick!

If the Nets get John Wall in the draft they have a shot. That means Lebron would have a chance to come to New York to play with John Wall, Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and possibly a Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire.

I hope and pray Lebron doesn't go to the Bulls. It was bad enough watching Michael and Scottie c*ck block us the entire 1990's I don't need to live through that again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as much as I actually wish I could agree with you other than resigning with Cleveland I think the only other possibility is going to the Bulls. David Stern wants it to happen and they already have Rose and Joakim Noah and a bunch of guys they can do a sign and trade with like Deng and Tyrus Thomas.

Did Babe Ruth's success prevent Joe Dimaggio, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle from being great Yankees? No. The Bulls are going to be the Yankees of baseball and the Knicks are going to end up being the Red Sox with Patrick Ewing as our version of Ted Williams. Life sucks.
    LOL! You can't be serious. You think Stern wants LeBron in Chicago instead of NY? I can't wait to hear that logic

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Nets were moving into Brooklyn for next year, I'd think there would be a great chance actually. Don't think the guy who wants to be the attention of the world at all times is going to play in New Jersey.

I could see him signing a 3 year deal so he's not locked into anything, thus being able to join the Nets when Lopez and maybe a Wall are established all stars in brooklyn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish. He will not play 2 years in Newark though. Nets are gunning for another re-build year and then Carmelo. As for LBJ, this Chicago talk because his boy Chris Broussard mentioned it on ESPN. It would be a terrible idea for him image wise but Nike would love to play up the whole 'inherit the throne' thing from MJ. Team wise, it may actually be the best fit.

GO Brooklyn though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Knick fan..therefore, I haven't followed the NBA for 10 years.

Is it better for us if LeBron to get eliminated tonight ??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    I'm a Knick fan..therefore, I haven't followed the NBA for 10 years.

Is it better for us if LeBron to get eliminated tonight ??
    No one knows, but I personally believe the likelihood of him leaving greatly increases if they get eliminated this series.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who has watched a single Knicks/Cavs game a MSG the last 3 years knows where LeBron wants to play. The guy is like a kid in a candy shop when visiting MSG. It's about as inevitable as CC Sabathia was going to the Yankees. Sabathia tried to make it interesting by sending messages that he was unsure about New York, and that he liked the west coast. But let's be honest, we all knew were CC was going to end up. He's a professional athlete... Even the most professional ones have ego's as big as the moon. New York or Los Angeles is where you want to play if you want to be the greatest. Lebron may be playing around making it look like Cleveland or somewhere else has a chance, but let's be realistic. You all know even given 1-1 odds, you would put money on the Knicks.
    Last edited by rep; 05-13-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Anyone who has watched a single Knicks/Cavs game a MSG the last 3 years knows where LeBron wants to play. The guy is like a kid in a candy shop when visiting MSG. It's about as inevitable as CC Sabathia was going to the Yankees. Sabathia tried to make it interesting by sending messages that he was unsure about New York, and that he liked the west coast. But let's be honest, we all knew were CC was going to end up. He's a professional athlete... Even the most professional ones have ego's as big as the moon. New York or Los Angeles is where you want to play if you want to be the greatest. Lebron may be playing around making it look like Cleveland or somewhere else has a chance, but let's be realistic. You all know even given 1-1 odds, you would put money on the Knicks.
    If the Knicks sign Lebron I will dance a jig.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won't sign with the Knicks. He'll have no shot of winning anything there and that's why he'll leave Cleveland UNLESS they do something big. Don't discount the Nets for these reasons, though:

1) Jay-Z
    2) Coach of his choice
    3) Devin Harris (who is better than any second option he's ever had)
    4) Brook Lopez (who is better than Shaq, at this point)
    5) John Wall (who is a better prospect than D. Rose)
    6) Still more cap space after signing Lebron

If he came to NJ, he'd be able to win now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still waiting to read why you think Stern wants LBJ in Chicago instead of NY

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He won't sign with the Knicks. He'll have no shot of winning anything there and that's why he'll leave Cleveland UNLESS they do something big. Don't discount the Nets for these reasons, though:

1) Jay-Z
    2) Coach of his choice

If the Nets were actually in Brooklyn I'd agree.

There's no way LeBron is playing in Newark and then waiting 2 years to play in Brooklyn.

The Nets plan should be Durant or Carmelo NOT LeBron. They'd have the arena and everything else behind them by the time those players are UFA.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post

1) Jay-Z
    2) Coach of his choice

Why would any player in his right mind want to play for the Nets.
    They stink - anyone check the W-L this year? They have not won a championship since 1975 (ABA - wow). The Nets are like going to the KC Chiefs but not as good. And play in Newark or Brooklyn - what a treat.
    The Knicks - another dog. Haven't won since 1973. And not about to any time soon.
    Everyone realizes there ARE other cities in the U.S., right? They have restaurants and theatres and parks and other things James might like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Why would any player in his right mind want to play for the Nets.
    They stink - anyone check the W-L this year? They have not won a championship since 1975 (ABA - wow). The Nets are like going to the KC Chiefs but not as good. And play in Newark or Brooklyn - what a treat.
    The Knicks - another dog. Haven't won since 1973. And not about to any time soon.
    Everyone realizes there ARE other cities in the U.S., right? They have restaurants and theatres and parks and other things James might like.
    Nobody cares about wins and losses when you are at James' level. In the NBA one player makes that kind of difference. Last season with Vince Carter the Nets won around 35 games. Without VC that total dropped to 11 or 12 and it was more or less the same team. Thats one player meaning over 20 wins. James is far better than Carter at this stage. 12 wins would turn into 45 wins minimum and thats assuming they got nobody in the draft.

All this talk about a team "not being ready" for LeBron is a joke. The NBA is the one sport where one player is the difference between 55 wins and 30 wins. When I hear these guys say he wouldnt leave Cleveland for NY because the talent level in NY is so bad, I think they are nuts. When you saw LeBron no show a game the Cavs got wiped out. They dont have any talent besides LeBron. They have some spare parts exactly the same as the Knicks, Nets, or any other bad franchise out there.

I would think James' decision comes down to a few factors. From a basketball standpoint its if ownership is committed to winning. Will they just sign him or will they spend big bucks to bring in other players and coaches? The Knicks will. The Cavs have tried. The Nets have a new owner, but Id think that its uncertain with them. The Bulls already have guys in place.

Will he be the king of the town? In NY its a definite. Hes already proven it in Cleveland. In NJ he would have to wait two years for when they move. In Chicago hes going to be "the other 23".

Where can he get the most marketing dollars and spread his "brand image". Clearly NY ranks 1 and Chicago 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess anything can happen, but I see no scenario that Lebron ends up with Chicago.

He's a NY guy, always has been a NY guy, and the Knicks have plenty of room for 2 max contracts.

He's either staying with Cleveland or going to the Knicks. Hopefully it will be with Bosh as well. That is a big time team when you throw in David Lee, plus whoever they draft as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a basketball fan alone... the thought of Rose & LeBron is pretty enticing. That would be fun. I've always thought Cleveland needed to get him a damn point gaurd. Having LeBron carry the ball up the court half the time allowed the defense to setup too easily. Cleveland "tried hard" to make them competive and what did they end up with? Let's replace LeBron with say... Jason Richardson.

Lineup:

Jason Richardson
    Shaq
    Jamison
    Mo Williams
    Jamario Moon
    Anthony Parker
    Leon Powe
    Varejo
    Delonte West
    Big Z

Not good.