Thread: 5 Reasons why the JETS will win the Super Bowl this year- Bleacher Report

Jets Insider VIP

5 Reasons why the JETS will win the Super Bowl this year- Bleacher Report

by Brandon Dowling (The Bleacher Report)
    Written on May 22, 2010

Let's take a look at the top 5 reasons the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl

5. The Addition of LaDainian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes.

The New York Jets last year had the best running game in the NFL. Now in my opinion losing Thomas Jones does hurt them. But I believe that adding LT cushions the blow on losing Thomas Jones.

But has LT has lost his luster?

LT is going to a team with one of the best offensive lines in football which will help him tremendously. I believe LT will have one good year to help the Jets reach their goal.

Now what about Santonio Holmes?

Holmes will be suspended for the first 4 games of this regular season due to a run in with the law. But when Holmes comes back it will be a huge addition to the New York Jets offense. Having Holmes also helps guys like Jericho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards, and also Dustin Keller. This giving Mark Sanchez a-lot of weapons to choose from plus the league’s best running game.

4. Rex Ryan being the Head Coach of the New York Jets

Some will say why is this reason the NYJ will win the Super Bowl?

Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in the NFL. His ability to manage and help young talent is one of his specialties. Also the way he acts and talks on and off the football field really help his team believe in themselves. A team that people say lost chemistry. Rex Ryan should have no problem creating new chemistry with his new guys.

3. The Addition of CB's Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie to the Defense.

The reason the New York Jets lost to the Colts in last year's AFC Championship was Peyton Manning picked apart the Jet's secondary which really only had 1 good corner in Darelle Revis. Dwight Lowery and Lito Sheppard did not get the job done at all.Cromartie in 2007 was one of the best corners in the game. Kyle Wilson fell all the way to the Jet's in the draft. He will be there 3rd corner. Now Rex Ryan can Blitz all he wants with all the talent he has now in the secondary.

2. Shonn Greene

How do you deal with losing Leon Washington and Thomas Jones in your running game?

Two Words: Shonn Greene

This year Greene will be doing the bulk of the running for the New York Jets. When he ended up getting the majority of the hand off's last year in the Playoffs he ran for over 100 yards twice and scored 2 touchdowns. If Greene can stay healthy look for him to be a huge role in the Jet's success.

Now the reason why the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl

1. Mark Sanchez will be all grown up

Mark Sanchez had what you could say and up and down regular season in 2009. But he played like a brand new QB in the playoffs and led the Jets all the way to the AFC Championship game.

Some say sophomore slump?

I believe that Mr. Sanchez has already had his sophomore season in the Playoffs. When it got tough Mark Sanchez got going. Look for him to lead his New York Jets on the offensive side of the Ball and look for Coach Rex Ryan to handle the defensive side. As the New York Jet's look to get back to where they were last year and fix their mistake.

My Record Prediction: 12-4 and a Super Bowl title

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    by Brandon Dowling (The Bleacher Report)
    Written on May 22, 2010

Let's take a look at the top 5 reasons the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl

5. The Addition of LaDainian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes.

The New York Jets last year had the best running game in the NFL. Now in my opinion losing Thomas Jones does hurt them. But I believe that adding LT cushions the blow on losing Thomas Jones.

But has LT has lost his luster?

LT is going to a team with one of the best offensive lines in football which will help him tremendously. I believe LT will have one good year to help the Jets reach their goal.

Now what about Santonio Holmes?

Holmes will be suspended for the first 4 games of this regular season due to a run in with the law. But when Holmes comes back it will be a huge addition to the New York Jets offense. Having Holmes also helps guys like Jericho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards, and also Dustin Keller. This giving Mark Sanchez a-lot of weapons to choose from plus the league’s best running game.

4. Rex Ryan being the Head Coach of the New York Jets

Some will say why is this reason the NYJ will win the Super Bowl?

Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in the NFL. His ability to manage and help young talent is one of his specialties. Also the way he acts and talks on and off the football field really help his team believe in themselves. A team that people say lost chemistry. Rex Ryan should have no problem creating new chemistry with his new guys.

3. The Addition of CB's Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie to the Defense.

The reason the New York Jets lost to the Colts in last year's AFC Championship was Peyton Manning picked apart the Jet's secondary which really only had 1 good corner in Darelle Revis. Dwight Lowery and Lito Sheppard did not get the job done at all.Cromartie in 2007 was one of the best corners in the game. Kyle Wilson fell all the way to the Jet's in the draft. He will be there 3rd corner. Now Rex Ryan can Blitz all he wants with all the talent he has now in the secondary.

2. Shonn Greene

How do you deal with losing Leon Washington and Thomas Jones in your running game?

Two Words: Shonn Greene

This year Greene will be doing the bulk of the running for the New York Jets. When he ended up getting the majority of the hand off's last year in the Playoffs he ran for over 100 yards twice and scored 2 touchdowns. If Greene can stay healthy look for him to be a huge role in the Jet's success.

Now the reason why the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl

1. Mark Sanchez will be all grown up

Mark Sanchez had what you could say and up and down regular season in 2009. But he played like a brand new QB in the playoffs and led the Jets all the way to the AFC Championship game.

Some say sophomore slump?

I believe that Mr. Sanchez has already had his sophomore season in the Playoffs. When it got tough Mark Sanchez got going. Look for him to lead his New York Jets on the offensive side of the Ball and look for Coach Rex Ryan to handle the defensive side. As the New York Jet's look to get back to where they were last year and fix their mistake.

My Record Prediction: 12-4 and a Super Bowl title
    Who is this guy? I never heard of this writer. Although I much enjoy what he is saying and I believe it could very well be true, I don't see 12-4 as the easy road to a SB title. If they go 12-4 it almost certainly means they wouldn't be the number 1 seed and probably had to win a playoff game on the road. The likely opponent would be the Colts. That's a rather daunting task.

I'm hoping for a record more like 13-3 at the very least. THAT would ensure the Jets are the number 1 seed and would host ALL of their playoff tilts in the Jets brand new stadium. They would also have a week to get healthy at the end of the regular season. Electrical current takes the path of least resistence and so should the Jets. The path of least resistence for the Jets would be to gain the BEST record in the AFC and secure the number 1 seed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Who is this guy? I never heard of this writer. Although I much enjoy what he is saying and I believe it could very well be true, I don't see 12-4 as the easy road to a SB title. If they go 12-4 it almost certainly means they wouldn't be the number 1 seed and probably had to win a playoff game on the road. The likely opponent would be the Colts. That's a rather daunting task.

I'm hoping for a record more like 13-3 at the very least. THAT would ensure the Jets are the number 1 seed and would host ALL of their playoff tilts in the Jets brand new stadium. They would also have a week to get healthy at the end of the regular season. Electrical current takes the path of least resistence and so should the Jets. The path of least resistence for the Jets would be to gain the BEST record in the AFC and secure the number 1 seed.
    New pen name for Cimmi

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

It's Bleacher Report, literally ANYONE can write for them. The grammar is extremely suspect.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOwnsBrady View Post
    It's Bleacher Report, literally ANYONE can write for them. The grammar is extremely suspect.
    DWC?

... hope the kid who wrote that original article is right ...

... it certainly is a kid ... as more than suspect ... the grammar and structure are poor ...

... maine, you're pretty strong about 13-3 being the record needed for the #1 seed there! ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    DWC?
    Not enough stats... not enough playing quarterback for the Jets under center in 2010...

Obviously written by a Jets homer with not too good writing skills.

It won't be an easy road to the SB. With the Colts annual soft schedule, they'll sleep walk to 13 or 14 wins and home field advantage. Not impossible, but the Jets would have to figure out a way to beat Peyton eventually...no easy task.

Nice enthusiasm but it is a "bleacher report"

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOwnsBrady View Post
    No wonder why the writer used the word "there" instead of "their" at one point and had other grammar issues, I was wondering if this guy wrote for a newspaper or was just a poster on JI.

All League

5 Reasons why the JETS will win the Super Bowl this year- Bleacher Report

It's a decent article

While I like the message, the article sucks. It's like a 8th grader wrote it.

Another example of why Bleacher Report should never be referenced on this website.

Practice Squad
    If your setting 13-3 as the least of your expectations you might be let down this year. 12-4 is the highest of mine.

Bleacher Report = Legit

Banned
    Wheres your god now?