Thread: Mets vs Phils at Citi Field

Mets vs Phils at Citi Field

despite all the drama surrounding the team, they continue to play well-

Takahashi has pitched really well....he mixes a 91 mph fastball with some low 60's junk, & batters definately haven't figured him out yet.

let's get over .500 tonight with a W!

Was at the game last nigh and had a great time. Was really impressed by the clutch hits and strikeouts.

There was about 30-40 Philly fans seated under the Pepsi porch that were really loud and boisterous in the fist two innings but their true colors showed once their team was down a few runs and you didn't hear a peep out of them for the rest of the night.

Saw a nice gesture during batting practice though. Joe Blanton hit a flare that cracked an older fellow who had his back turned right in the head. He dropped like a sack of potatoes and after bp was over Blanton came over and gave the guy a bat. Pretty cool reward for getting beaned.

Given Dickey's history, I don't want to get too excited, but he's really pitched well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Given Dickey's history, I don't want to get too excited, but he's really pitched well for us.
    True, he did seem to get pretty lucky that Philly couldnt buy a big hit last night. Seemed the bases were juiced in 4 of the 6 innings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He got so lucky last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    He got so lucky last night.
    being a knuckleballer, it comes with the territory

Takahashi is pitching really well again...Reyes is showing signs that he's back.

Takahashi hasn't given up a run as a starter yet and he faced the Yanks and the Phils.

Could the Mets have actually have found a gem?

All League
    It would be wrong if Manuel loses his job in the near future. Plain wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    It would be wrong if Manuel loses his job in the near future. Plain wrong
    The dude should have been fired already, how can you say that with a straight face

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    The dude should have been fired already, how can you say that with a straight face
    There is no straight face smiley face. This team has not quit. Manuel is not to blame

cue Rod Serling

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I disagree.

For a manager to get fired this early in the season his team has to be playing sub .350ish ball.

And the Mets are not doing that.