Thread: NHL bringing Winter Classic to Heinz Field

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

NHL bringing Winter Classic to Heinz Field

The National Hockey League is scheduling a marquee matchup -- and the city of Pittsburgh will have another chance to shine in the national spotlight -- when the Penguins and the Washington Capitals face off in the 2011 Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Heinz Field.

NFL Commissioner Gary Bettman is expected to make the formal announcement of the game, along with several other high-profile league events, during a news conference today in Chicago.

The Winter Classic has been a huge success since the NHL introduced it to a national television audience Jan. 1, 2008, in a game pitting the Penguins against the Sabres in Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium. Since then, the game has been played in Chicago's Wrigley Field (2009) and Boston's Fenway Park (2010).

The 2011 game would be played on a Saturday and would feature some of the NHL's biggest stars in the Penguins' Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury going against the Capitals' Alex Ovechkin.
    It also stands to be a frosty breath of life for the city's Downtown and North Shore merchants as thousands of fans flock into town.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10148...#ixzz0pFIv42wo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]The National Hockey League is scheduling a marquee matchup -- and the city of Pittsburgh will have another chance to shine in the national spotlight -- when the Penguins and the Washington Capitals face off in the 2011 Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Heinz Field.

LOLLLLLZ

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Ben will be lurking around the Ladies rooms, maybe Mens by then, Sydney might get lucky.

wow!!!that would be great.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Ben will be lurking around the Ladies rooms, maybe Mens by then, Sydney might get lucky.
    Apache, you are killing me.. and what has sidney done to make you think he is gay???

Did the author of that article actually put Bettman as the NFL commish instead of NHL, nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Apache, you are killing me.. and what has sidney done to make you think he is gay???
    I'm just playing, I would like to see the Devils/ Rangers in the new JETS stadium. Bring your Blackberry Brandy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Did the author of that article actually put Bettman as the NFL commish instead of NHL, nice.
    yes he did.. they are both bad, so i guess it doesnt matter.lol.

I'm just playing, I would like to see the Devils/ Rangers in the new JETS stadium. Bring your Blackberry Brandy.
    you cant have everything in the new GIANTS stadium

Jets Insider VIP
    yes he did.. they are both bad, so i guess it doesnt matter.lol.

you cant have everything in the new GIANTS stadium
    Oh yes we can, and we will.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh yes we can, and we will.
    LOL... i am sure the new GIANTS stadium will enjoy all the attention

All Pro
    PNC wouldve been better