Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mets players want Oliver Perez gone

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets players want Oliver Perez gone

According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, at least two players in the Mets clubhouse want Oliver Perez gone.
    Perez is 0-3 with a 6.25 ERA in the bigs this season and has refused a minor league assignment that might help him work on his craft and gain confidence. "At some point you have to cut bait," said one of the unidentified players. "You owe him a lot of money, but for what?" The Mets are no stranger to controversy and this saga isn't likely to end well either. May. 31 - 9:12 am et

lol what a mess the Mets are

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, at least two players in the Mets clubhouse want Oliver Perez gone.
    Perez is 0-3 with a 6.25 ERA in the bigs this season and has refused a minor league assignment that might help him work on his craft and gain confidence. "At some point you have to cut bait," said one of the unidentified players. "You owe him a lot of money, but for what?" The Mets are no stranger to controversy and this saga isn't likely to end well either. May. 31 - 9:12 am et

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post

If the Mets are a 'mess' what are the Astros, Orioles, Royals, Indians and Diamondbacks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they aren't a mess at all. They just have a horrible pitcher signed to awful money who refuses to be a team player. being an average team doesnt make you a mess.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with that player the Mets need to cut dead weight. If I were them I'd cut Ollie and trade Maine for a bag of balls.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    I agree with that player the Mets need to cut dead weight. If I were them I'd cut Ollie and trade Maine for a bag of balls.
    I am happy you are not them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If the Mets are a 'mess' what are the Astros, Orioles, Royals, Indians and Diamondbacks?
    none of those teams have money

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm...... A mess also. I guess you'll always find teams that are a worse mess than the team you root for.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy you are not them
    What have the Mets done w/ either? are they still hoping they're going to be the two pitchers they were in the 2006 NLCS? because they haven't been that since. Sometimes you just have to let go. Those two guys are killing the teams morale.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ollie does have to go and minaya should follow him out the door

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post

Well said!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Ummm...... A mess also. I guess you'll always find teams that are a worse mess than the team you root for.
    why are the mets a mess?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    why are the mets a mess?
    Well, they're a mess IMO because management doesn't do enough to help the team win. I hate to beat a dead horse, but they didn't get the pitching they neededto be competitive in the National league. The Bay signing just felt like a move they made just to appease their fans. Something to shut them up and buy some tickets and jerseys. I almost feel like they truly deep down don't care about winning. If they had gotten a good pitcher like a no.3 or 4 starter during the off season imagine where they would be now.

Lee and Millwood and a few other decent pitchers will probably be available to be traded before the trade deadline. The mets SHOULD be involved in getting one of those guys. But based on past experience I don't think they will get either. They'll figure out a way not to get any pitcher.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francesa said he was going to have a good year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they're a mess IMO because management doesn't do enough to help the team win. I hate to beat a dead horse, but they didn't get the pitching they neededto be competitive in the National league. The Bay signing just felt like a move they made just to appease their fans. Something to shut them up and buy some tickets and jerseys. I almost feel like they truly deep down don't care about winning. If they had gotten a good pitcher like a no.3 or 4 starter during the off season imagine where they would be now.

Lee and Millwood and a few other decent pitchers will probably be available to be traded before the trade deadline. The mets SHOULD be involved in getting one of those guys. But based on past experience I don't think they will get either. They'll figure out a way not to get any pitcher.

.500 is a mess?

Do you wonder why people call Yankee fans arrogant?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    .500 is a mess?

The Mets will be on the edge of disaster in a few weeks if they don't get another good starter.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    .500 is a mess?

For what it's worth I am a Yankee fan and do not for one second believe the Mets should dump Perez. As bad as he has been you don't just cut a guy like that. I'm willing to bet a team is willing to take him on and think they can straighten him out. Best bet for the Mets is to keep working with him, try to get him to Triple A if at all possible, and work the phones and get the best they can for him. His arm and his stuff merit someone taking a shot at him, even if the Mets have given up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mets will be on the edge of disaster in a few weeks if they don't get another good starter.
    Then in a few weeks they will be a 'mess' but not now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    What have the Mets done w/ either? are they still hoping they're going to be the two pitchers they were in the 2006 NLCS? because they haven't been that since. Sometimes you just have to let go. Those two guys are killing the teams morale.
    The good old "...my car that I am still making payments on has broken down. Let's tow it to the wrecker..." style of management.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't the "Mess" take 2 of 3 from the Yanks just afew weeks ago? What does that make them? I think they know a thing or two about overpaying players..