Thread: top 10 QB to watch in the 2010 nfl season(bleacher report)

top 10 QB to watch in the 2010 nfl season(bleacher report)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-season#page/3

Yes, I know. Mark Sanchez had one of the worst quarterback ratings in 2009 throwing 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions, but A) he was a rookie and B) he can win.

Sanchez is destined to have a breakout season in 2010 with a great offensive line and good weapons to work with and the addition of Santonio Holmes gives him a good target.

I think Sanchez is the best young quarterback in the NFL. I think he will throw at least 22 touchdowns and throw between 10 to 18 interceptions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-season#page/3

Yes, I know. Mark Sanchez had one of the worst quarterback ratings in 2009 throwing 12 touchdowns and 20 interceptions, but A) he was a rookie and B) he can win.

Sanchez is destined to have a breakout season in 2010 with a great offensive line and good weapons to work with and the addition of Santonio Holmes gives him a good target.

I think Sanchez is the best young quarterback in the NFL. I think he will throw at least 22 touchdowns and throw between 10 to 18 interceptions.

It would be nice to simply have a top 10 QB that is reliable and doesn't hurt you and can throw the long ball once and a while. All of which would allow us to develop a well rounded offense and defense.

I am SOOOOOO tired of the Pennington type QB. PLEASE......

10 to 18 picks... lol. That'd be awesome... or not.

i think all jets fans would be very happy if sanchez threw 20 tds and only 10 int's but i also think we need to be careful with our expectations. he should get around 240 or so receptions for the season. hopefully he will do that with 350 or so pass attempts. remember sch#tty is still calling the offense so we don't know what to expect.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i think all jets fans would be very happy if sanchez threw 20 tds and only 10 int's but i also think we need to be careful with our expectations. he should get around 240 or so receptions for the season. hopefully he will do that with 350 or so pass attempts. remember sch#tty is still calling the offense so we don't know what to expect.
    Yeah 20 tds 10 ints would be great, I would guess more along the lines of 20-22 tds and 12-14 ints. He will have his games where he looks great (ala the CIN and IND playoff games, both MIA games as well) then he will have a couple bad games (ala ATL, 2nd NE game) but I wouldnt expect another 5 int game.

Schotty and Rex will have him build off of the playoff performance he had last year, and try to keep him moving forward even if its small steps at a time. This will be the first time in the 5 years Schottys been here where he will work with the same QB in consecutive seasons which will benifit both himself and Sanchez as they both have a feel for what each other likes in certain situations and what theyre comfortable with.

Then you got Keller coming into his 3rd season in the NFL, Cotchery who is huge for our offense every year, and a Braylon Edwards who cut down on his drops from '08 to '09 heavily and will have a full offseason with the Jets, all of who will be in their 2nd seasons with Sanchez as their QB. Add in Santonio after the first 4 games and guys like LT and McKnight out of the backfield, that equals all the opportunity in the world for Sanchez to step up and improve on his rookie season.

Sanchez is gonna surprise alot of haters and doubters this year, and prove alot of us faithful Jets fans right at the same time, this guys a winner plain and simple!

Jets Insider VIP
    but wait...

in the same Bleacher Bullsh!t Report, a contributor named Marcus Monkeybreath or something opines that the Jets will be the worst team in football for the next 10 years??

???????

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I am SOOOOOO tired of the Pennington type QB. PLEASE......
    Admit it; you miss #10!

Jets Insider VIP
    Stop posting from bleacher report.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i'm curious how his growth in response to manesh from daily news's article regarding protection schemes by the OL & sanchez's understanding of what protection is being called & what his linemen will be doing this year ... in order to stop those freeney untouched attacking him moments that lead to losses ...

... if we see development on the field in this area i will be very pleased ... still want to see some growth in TD/INT ratio ... i can live with a 15/15 this year (although i do expect some screen passes to LT on 2nd & 3rd downs by the goal line, so that may help his numbers some) ...anything better is gravy ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Admit it; you miss #10!
    die already

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    but wait...

in the same Bleacher Bullsh!t Report, a contributor named Marcus Monkeybreath or something opines that the Jets will be the worst team in football for the next 10 years??

???????
    shocking

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd View Post
    Admit it; you miss #10!
    OMG