Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mets sweep Marlins, MLB best 22 home wins

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets sweep Marlins, MLB best 22 home wins

& David Wright is red hot...K-Rod definately makes 9th innings eventful. Overall I like the way Manuel has these guys playing- Citi Field should be rockin this summer!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    POSSIBLY.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice series. It's a shame this board doesn't have much Mets discussion, it seems whenever there is Yankee fans like to troll, god forbid we enjoy our team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Nice series. It's a shame this board doesn't have much Mets discussion, it seems whenever there is Yankee fans like to troll, god forbid we enjoy our team.
    Either Mets fans are hiding or simply losing interest in the team. When I first stated posting here, there were plenty of Mets threads, but then the Mets went into the tank. Blaming it on Yankees fans is a pathetic excuse.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-06-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stretch by the Mets. Hope they can continue it now that they're 3 games out. They definitely need to pick it up on the road.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets need another starting pitcher and they need it soon. The question becomes who do they go after. To get Oswalt would cost the Mets a ton, mostly likely Fmart and two other really good prospects. Lee is an option, but will Seattle be willing to trade him now, plus what do they want for him. I think a dark horse that the Mets could acquire is Kevin Milwood for Baltimore. Pay no attention to his record. The guy is still a really good pitcher who is stuck in the AL East. With Baltimore out of it, Mets could get him on the cheap. Thoughts??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    The Mets need another starting pitcher and they need it soon. The question becomes who do they go after. To get Oswalt would cost the Mets a ton, mostly likely Fmart and two other really good prospects. Lee is an option, but will Seattle be willing to trade him now, plus what do they want for him. I think a dark horse that the Mets could acquire is Kevin Milwood for Baltimore. Pay no attention to his record. The guy is still a really good pitcher who is stuck in the AL East. With Baltimore out of it, Mets could get him on the cheap. Thoughts??
    I doubt Fernando Martinez could be a centerpiece for a big time player. His stock is really low right now, with all his injuries, and he really hasn't performed well even when healthy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I doubt Fernando Martinez could be a centerpiece for a big time player. His stock is really low right now, with all his injuries, and he really hasn't performed well even when healthy.
    Who are the Mets top prospects? It will take two, maybe three of them to land Oswalt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    Who are the Mets top prospects? It will take two, maybe three of them to land Oswalt.
    Ike Davis and Jenrry Mejia are still considered prospects. Other than them....

Wilmer Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Reese Havens, Jeurys Familia, Brad Holt.

I have no idea what it would take to get Oswalt, Houston is a weird team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man you have a serious inferiority complex...tucker posts about the mets playing well at home and YOU bring up Yankee fans..enjoy your team man..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mets need to make a move in the standings while Rollins is out. Sure is a fun team to watch right now. I would love to unload Beltran, but noone would trade a rental for a rental. Maybe a 3-way trade flipping prospects. Still would be tough considering his medical history and contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say there are more Met fans here

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet they want Mejia and Davis , which I would never do. I'm pretty sure Oswalt has a no trade, and the Mets are not on his list

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ike Davis and Jenrry Mejia are still considered prospects. Other than them....

Wilmer Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Reese Havens, Jeurys Familia, Brad Holt.

I have no idea what it would take to get Oswalt, Houston is a weird team.
    Holt has been pretty bad for about a year and got demoted. Not sure he would net much right now.

I don't really see the Mets going after Oswalt or Lee this season. I think they could get Millwood though.

A rotation of Santana, Pelf, Niese, Dickey, and Millwood wouldnt seem too bad. I have a feeling though that the clock will strike midnight with Dickey soon kind of like it just did with Taki.

I am glad that this year the Mets should still be relevant after the all star break and *gasp* may even be playing meaningful baseball in september.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I'd say there are more Met fans here
    I agree, yet you see more Yankee fans than Met fans posting in these threads. It's become unbearable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martinez is a guy that you kinda have to stick with at this point. His value isn't high enough to get anything back that is really meaningful so keep and hope that he develops into the guy they thought he was a few years ago. Maybe he'll grow out of the injuries, he's still young.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, yet you see more Yankee fans than Met fans posting in these threads. It's become unbearable.
    True statement. Blogging with Yankee fans who have only been Yankee fans since the mid '90's is painful.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    True statement. Blogging with Yankee fans who have only been Yankee fans since the mid '90's is painful.
    Not one person has said anything negative about the Mets.

The sad thing is, this inferiority complex you guys carry on is ridiculous.

You were born into it. It's not my fault my father was smart enough to pick one winning team and yours wasn't...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Mets need to make a move in the standings while Rollins is out. Sure is a fun team to watch right now. I would love to unload Beltran, but noone would trade a rental for a rental. Maybe a 3-way trade flipping prospects. Still would be tough considering his medical history and contract.
    Beltran isnt a rental, he has another year after this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    lol go to a retirement home and talk about how great those Mets were 30 years ago. The bottom line is watching the Mets is painful. The Yankees win while the Mets choke.. which is why there are more Yankees fans on this board then Mets fans.

Also do any of you notice the trend for posts? The Yankees have fans making a thread and actively posting in a thread for every series, while the Mets don't even have threads for there games and when they do it's like 3 posts long