Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets vs Padres at Citi Field

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets vs Padres at Citi Field

Big Pelf is on the hill tonight, looking for his 5th straight W...hopefully Francoeur can stay hot, as he's on a 10-game hitting streak-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    2 games back in the loss column. Get me a pticher and lets get Beltran back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    who sits when Beltran comes back? Pagan has been a beast...but so has Francoeur, & Jason Bay isn't going anywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    who sits when Beltran comes back? Pagan has been a beast...but so has Francoeur, & Jason Bay isn't going anywhere.
    You split time with him giving the other outfielders a breather until Beltran is back to game speed and has his legs under him.

Thats my opinion at least.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me, Francoeur becomes a 4th outfielder/trade bait if/when Beltran comes back. Maybe he plays a little more then your typical 4th OF in order to keep Beltran fresh, but I don't see how you can not play Pagan considering all he's offering this team right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please get a starter even if its Milwood. Id kill for Oswalt though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    any idea where one could find the Mets winning percentage vs teams with .500 record or better?...or, that stat for any other team??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Phillies are total trash right now. The Mets really have really missed out on a chance to bury them, but if they can rattle off 8 or 9 wins out of 11, they'll be in good shape.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The Phillies are total trash right now. The Mets really have really missed out on a chance to bury them, but if they can rattle off 8 or 9 wins out of 11, they'll be in good shape.
    they arent good enough to bury anyone. the fact that we may be looking at a summer of competitive baseball is way more than i expected. they key at this point is to get beltran back and add some form of pitching help. with that in place, we may have a real shot at a post season. of course, it's a moot point if we continue to be a joke on the road.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    To me, Francoeur becomes a 4th outfielder/trade bait if/when Beltran comes back. Maybe he plays a little more then your typical 4th OF in order to keep Beltran fresh, but I don't see how you can not play Pagan considering all he's offering this team right now.

I would definitely play Pagan over Francoeur for most of the time. His swinging at the first pitch every at bat drives me nuts, especially with a runner on first.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    06/08 — Jets head coach Rex Ryan will throw out the first pitch tonight in Queens as the New York Mets play host to the San Diego Padres, scheduled to start at 7:10 p.m.

Ryan, fresh off a long community weekend that included the North Jersey ALR Walk on Saturday followed up by a round of golf at Trump National on Monday, was seen warming up for his pitching appearance this afternoon at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Earlier this morning, Ryan led a Jets organized team activity as Darrelle Revis marked a return to the field.

The Mets are off to a torrid start at Citi Field, having captured 22 of their first 31 games in their home ballpark. Meanwhile the 34-23 Padres are one of baseball’s surprise teams and hold a half-game lead over the L.A. Dodgers in the National League West.

The 6’4” Ryan is intent on finding the zone early and he'll have GM Mike Tannenbaum working as his catcher. Then they’ll turn the ball over to Mets righty Mike Pelfrey, a potential Cy Young candidate off to an 8-1 start with a 2.39 ERA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    they arent good enough to bury anyone. the fact that we may be looking at a summer of competitive baseball is way more than i expected. they key at this point is to get beltran back and add some form of pitching help. with that in place, we may have a real shot at a post season. of course, it's a moot point if we continue to be a joke on the road.
    Maybe they're not good enough to bury anyone, but with the way they win at home, a .500 record on the road and they'd be well above the other mediocre teams in that division.

At least 4-5 game lead right now with a respectable away record.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason Bay is killing me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pelf is cruising tonight, 75 pitches thru 7, only 1 ER.

That's a HR by Reyes, too. Tie game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    TIE GAME! Hopefully Reyes breaks out of his slump after tonight...Pelf has pitched great, as usual

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    ...Pelf has pitched great, as usual
    What a year so far.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They got to do something about right field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    They got to do something about right field.
    Ike Davis>Ruby2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna be like Ike!!!!!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    What a shot by Ike...