Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kris jenkins: warrior

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

kris jenkins: warrior

get that leg rehabbed big boy we are all rooting for ya

[quote]
    [url]http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703302604575294960026673240.html[/url]

"I'm in the trenches, I get double-teamed maybe 80% of the game,'' Mr. Jenkins said. "I'm in on every pile-on, and for me to get hurt three times in 10 years is actually pretty good."

Mr. Jenkins said he's at his strongest at 400 pounds but loses his speed, which is maximized at 340. Though a weight near 400 can be acceptable for the comically large defensive tackles that have starred in the NFL, Mr. Jenkins said that he needs to play at a lighter weight so that he can better utilize his athleticism, which has allowed him to record 24 sacks in his career.

"I'm not like [former star defensive tackle] Tony Siragusa, not someone who needs to just stop the run,'' Mr. Jenkins said. "I need to pass-rush.''[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's gonna be such a beast this year.
    It's great! Most of this team could demand double coverage...
    Who ya gonna pick??!!
    Like Billick said.... The Jets are going to be LETHAL!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love KJ. Cant wait to see him in action again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Big Jenks. A lean and motivated KJ to crush Ross's golden hinny qb

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here ya go, Ham.

I was gonna make a thread earlier, but I wasn't sure how the facebook links work here so I decided not to. It's great! [SIZE="1"]if it works[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=133885589958841&ref=mf[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link hitman +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Made a thread with a link...

Guess it works! :D

I really can't wait til August.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ9lYyj4uQ[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkyl2rCMic&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA&feature=related[/url]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... mawae he's destroying in that last vid right? ...

... can't wait for his impact this season ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm in the last vid i see a guy make a great play on first down and then he's on the sideline. I guess one play is enough and then I see Chris Johnson had 21 carries for 95 yards at that point in the game. Thats hardly shutting down the run.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Louisiana Jet;3626916]hmmm in the last vid i see a guy make a great play on first down and then he's on the sideline. I guess one play is enough and then I see [B]Chris Johnson had 21 carries for 95 yards at that point in the game. Thats hardly shutting down the run.[/B][/QUOTE]

For Chris Johnson it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Louisiana Jet;3626916]hmmm in the last vid i see a guy make a great play on first down and then he's on the sideline. I guess one play is enough and then I see Chris Johnson had 21 carries for 95 yards at that point in the game. Thats hardly shutting down the run.[/QUOTE]

Considering he ran for 2,006 yards (125.4/gm) and 5.6 YPA last year, I'd suggest holding him to 95 yards and 4.5 YPA was a solid performance.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3626920]For Chris Johnson it is.[/QUOTE]

i'll definitely concede to that

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenkins doesn't look very fat in the picture from the Jets practice yesterday.

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/IMG_6306.jpg[/IMG]

He looks like a beast.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We may have added Kyle Wilson as our Nickel CB

We may have added Antonio Cromartie as our #2 CB opposite of Revis

We may have added Jason Taylor as our pass rushing OLB opposite of Calvin Pace

But getting Kris Jenkins back is the biggest offseason upgrade in my eyes.

Heading into last year, behind Kris Jenkins; we had no idea what we had. Now? We all know that Pouha can do more than just hold his own.

Calvin Pace, David Harris, Bart Scott and Jason Taylor should all have huge seasons playing behind Kris Jenkins here in 2010. Shaun Ellis could be better than ever playing alongside big Jenks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    big boy? careful this is a family site

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Louisiana Jet;3626916]hmmm in the last vid i see a guy make a great play on first down and then he's on the sideline. I guess one play is enough and then I see Chris Johnson had 21 carries for 95 yards at that point in the game. Thats hardly shutting down the run.[/QUOTE]

Guess you didn't watch the game. Chris Johnson WAS NOT a factor at all. He had 95 yards, but I would say at least 40 of them came at the very end of the game when the Titans were in 2 minute drill spread offense trying to make a last minute score. Jets were playing for the pass and HOPING the Titans would run since time was a major issue. Not TOTALLY garbage time, but not like he lined up against a base D and ran for 4-6 yards a pop either. He was stuffed for the most part, other than a few long runs he busted later on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3626953]We may have added Kyle Wilson as our Nickel CB

[B]But getting Kris Jenkins back is the biggest offseason upgrade in my eyes.[/B]

Heading into last year, behind Kris Jenkins; we had no idea what we had. Now? We all know that Pouha can do more than just hold his own.

Calvin Pace, David Harris, Bart Scott and Jason Taylor should all have huge seasons playing behind Kris Jenkins here in 2010. Shaun Ellis could be better than ever playing alongside big Jenks.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I agree . . .

Of course Jenkins is a BEAST, but we did pretty well without him, so it's hard to say we're going to have a "huge" upgrade with him back in (assuming he gets back to 100%)

I think the secondary upgrades are BY FAR the biggest, with Taylor also having the potential to improve the D more than Jenkins will.

Having said that, it's still GREAT to have him back:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3626953]We may have added Kyle Wilson as our Nickel CB

But getting Kris Jenkins back is the biggest offseason upgrade in my eyes.

Calvin Pace, David Harris, Bart Scott and Jason Taylor should all have huge seasons playing behind Kris Jenkins here in 2010. Shaun Ellis could be better than ever playing alongside big Jenks.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see Kris Jenkins on the field again.

Brodney Poole will be an upgrade over Kerry Rhodes too, mark it down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3619459]get that leg rehabbed big boy we are all rooting for ya[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/jetgreen13/jenkinsjetswl3.jpg[/IMG]