Mets vs. Orioles @ Camden Yards

Dickey vs. Guthrie tonight

Win a series on the road....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Nice win.

Btw....wtf are the Met fans?

first ML HR by Chris Carter, who DH'd tonight....just watching his interview on SNY, he seems like a really good dude.

D Wright remains on fire- def back to being the best baseball player in New York
    3-4 tonight, with 2 more RBI's

Mets only 1.5 games out of 1st...Boston crushed the Phils, nice work by the Sawx

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    D Wright remains on fire- def back to being the best baseball player in New York
    That so cute.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Nice win.

Btw....wtf are the Met fans?

Decent amount of Mets fans there tonight, not quite as many as I expected though.

Nice win tonight.

Dickey has been a savior to this rotation and is a big part of why they are now in 2nd place and 1.5 games out of first. Now if Takahasi can put a complete game together they will be looking good.

I'm sure there were a good amount of Mets fans there, I should know I used to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Nice win tonight.

Dickey has been a savior to this rotation and is a big part of why they are now in 2nd place and 1.5 games out of first. Now if Takahasi can put a complete game together they will be looking good.

I'm sure there were a good amount of Mets fans there, I should know I used to live there.
    Noot that i think Maine has anything left, but i would like to see takahashi back in the pen. As a fifth starter Maine isnt SO bad.

Where my feelings are torn are what to do when beltran comes back. Talently the guy is head and shoulders above Pagan and Francour, but Honestly this never say die attitude the mets have is a lot more fun to watch even more so than the cruisin in first place of 07 and 08 (pre collapse), and i really think those 2 play a decent part of that mentality. Alot of people say chemistry is overrated and i tend to agree but Lockerrooms play a big part of what comes out on the field, I think these guys genuinly like each other and like to pick each other up, can beltran be a part of it, probably and i hope so, but then who sits and when someone sits who gets sent back down

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Noot that i think Maine has anything left, but i would like to see takahashi back in the pen. As a fifth starter Maine isnt SO bad.

Where my feelings are torn are what to do when beltran comes back. Talently the guy is head and shoulders above Pagan and Francour, but Honestly this never say die attitude the mets have is a lot more fun to watch even more so than the cruisin in first place of 07 and 08 (pre collapse), and i really think those 2 play a decent part of that mentality. Alot of people say chemistry is overrated and i tend to agree but Lockerrooms play a big part of what comes out on the field, I think these guys genuinly like each other and like to pick each other up, can beltran be a part of it, probably and i hope so, but then who sits and when someone sits who gets sent back down
    If Maine can pitch 6 with 2-3 runs than Taki can go back to the pen. He really was a great long man and helped win a few games the Mets had no business winning.

As for Beltran, I think its a good problem to have too many solid bats in the outfield. Only Met fans could be worried about an all star bat returning to the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    If Maine can pitch 6 with 2-3 runs than Taki can go back to the pen. He really was a great long man and helped win a few games the Mets had no business winning.

As for Beltran, I think its a good problem to have too many solid bats in the outfield. Only Met fans could be worried about an all star bat returning to the lineup.
    What do you expect, only the Mets could make, argubably one of the best plays in post season history, a bad memory for their fans

I think Takahashi can get the job done as a starter for this team as well. I get he's had a couple bad outings his last 2 times out there, but he's also shown he can shut down better teams as well. I just think he's going through a bit of a slump right now and he'll figure out a way to right himself, hopefully starting tonight.

And frankly, I don't get the whole "bullpen has missed him argument" because all he was doing there was eating up mop up time, which we haven't needed when we're actually getting some length from our starters.

If anything, what this team needs in the pen is a Right Handed Pitcher who can pitch in the 8th inning, because it's only a matter of time until Elmer Dessens remembers who he is.... and who knows, maybe Maine can re-find some of that velocity in the bullpen. Worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    first ML HR by Chris Carter, who DH'd tonight....just watching his interview on SNY, he seems like a really good dude.

3-4 tonight
    , with 2 more RBI's

Mets only 1.5 games out of 1st...Boston crushed the Phils, nice work by the Sawx
    you're right.. Cano's 371 batting average, 12 homeruns, 46 RBI's is nothing when compared to Wright's 284 batting average, 10 homeruns, and 42 RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    you're right.. Cano's 371 batting average, 12 homeruns, 46 RBI's is nothing when compared to Wright's 284 batting average, 10 homeruns, and 42 RBI's
    They're both 27 years old, lets see how they stack up with each other.

Cano - Career - .312/.345/.490, 3,096 AB, 452 R, 965 H, 99 HR, 450 RBI, 146 BB, 366 K, 19 SB
    Wright - Career - .307/.388/.517, 3,400 AB, 582 R, 1,044 H, 150 HR, 603 RBI, 450 BB, 712 K, 130 SB

Not much of a comparison, eh? Only thing Cano has on Wright is he doesn't K as much, which has led to a slightly higher batting average. But Wright kills him in most other categories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    They're both 27 years old, lets see how they stack up with each other.

Cano - Career - .312/.345/.490, 3,096 AB, 452 R, 965 H, 99 HR, 450 RBI, 146 BB, 366 K, 19 SB
    Wright - Career - .307/.388/.517, 3,400 AB, 582 R, 1,044 H, 150 HR, 603 RBI, 450 BB, 712 K, 130 SB

Not much of a comparison, eh? Only thing Cano has on Wright is he doesn't K as much, which has led to a slightly higher batting average. But Wright kills him in most other categories.
    Cano has been far better than Wright this year, A-Rod has been far better than Wright throughout his career. Wright has never been the best player in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Cano has been far better than Wright year, A-Rod has been far better than Wright throughout his career. Wright has never been the best player in NY.
    Fair enough, but I couldn't resist a chance to put GR in his place.

Having a good year or not, implying Cano is better then Wright is lunacy.

I wouldn't trade Cano for Wright. I think Cano is going to end up being a Top 10 player (all of baseball) for the next 5-7 years. I think he's that good. It's just taking him a while to put it all together.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-12-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Is or was better? I wouldn't trade Cano for Wright. I think Cano is going to end up being a Top 10 play (all of baseball) for the next 5-7 years. I think he's that good. It's just taking him a while to put it all together.
    That feeling is likewise. Cano might become a Top 10 player for the next 5-7 years. Wright already IS a top 10 player.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 06-12-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Wright already IS a top 10 player.
    I think it's debatable if Wright is a Top 10 player, but he's up there.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 06-12-2010 at 04:19 PM.

by the way, do you guys ever notice the trend of these Mets threads? no Yankee fan comes in until some jealous Mets fan (Tucker) has to make a comparison to anything good the Mets do to the Yanks. We have a player who has been doing really good lately so we must compare him to the Yankees since we will never been as good as them and they will always be the star of NY.

now look at the Yankees threads, no one gives a **** about the Mets, until there is an actual series that we play them in.

So for Tucker and you Mets fans, STOP posting about the Yankees in EVERY one of your Mets threads and there won't turn into a Yankees Mets argument.

by the way, do you guys ever notice the trend of these Mets threads? no Yankee fan comes in until some jealous Mets fan (Tucker) has to make a comparison to anything good the Mets do to the Yanks. We have a player who has been doing really good lately so we must compare him to the Yankees since we will never been as good as them and they will always be the star of NY.

now look at the Yankees threads, no one gives a **** about the Mets, until there is an actual series that we play them in.

So for Tucker and you Mets fans, STOP posting about the Yankees in EVERY one of your Mets threads and there won't turn into a Yankees Mets argument.
    You go into every Mets thread and post the same moronic dribble. God forbid someone call you out on that.

Here's an idea, if you can't play nice, stay out of the Mets threads.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 06-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Because we all know how you detest arguments.