Thread: Jobber

Jobber

Decent performance last night, but he looks like an absolute tub of ****. At quick glance he looked like Hideki Irabu on the mound. His face is all bloated like he gets loaded every night and shows up at the stadium hungover. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Decent performance last night, but he looks like an absolute tub of ****. At quick glance he looked like Hideki Irabu on the mound. His face is all bloated like he gets loaded every night and shows up at the stadium hungover. Am I the only one who thinks this?
    yes lol, but he has always looked like a fat slob. I think it just sticks out more now that he is struggling?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I thought this was gonna be about something else.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

What does it matter?

Babe Ruth would have not been confused with a GQ underwear model either.

All Pro
    He's not an athlete. He's a baseball player.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I posted this in another thread, but its still gnawing at me so here goes again...

I take my kid to Citi field for the Subway series.

He was 12 then (last month).

We have seats in the right field bleachers so we get there early for batting practice.

Jobber is playing right field for Yanks BP.

My kid is decked out in Yankee garb and actually brought a Jobber baseball card and sharpie. I was up in the concourse looking down with my wife watching him below in the front row. The dopey kid is actually hanging over the wall waving his card at jobber. All of a sudden...Jobber walks over and I see him talking to my kid. Holy crap!

Just as suddenly, he turns around, pale faced,head down and looks up for us...I walk down and say "wow, Joba spoke to you what did he say?"

My son says "he asked if it was my birthday. I said no, and he says then I cant do anything for you and walks away."

A kid in Yankee garb, in enemy territory, with Jobbers baseball card and Jobber goes out of his way to approach him and f with his head.

Maybe he doesnt sign in BP. FIne. Dont approach the kid then.

Thats all I need to know about this guy.

Last edited by 32green; 06-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

If your story is factual, that is pretty crappy. One thing I've learned throughout the years. Assume they are all A-holes , and if they prove you wrong, be pleasantly surprised. I've had a chance to meet quite a few of the Yankees. The nicest one I ever met was Paul O'Neill. I actually had a decent conversation with him before a game in 1998.

The story I don't mind - it shows immaturity, which is to be expected. What I do mind is the fact that Joba has clearly not taken care of himself. He's not what he once was. It's fair to question why he used to throw 98 in the 7th inning of games, and now he can hardly throw 94 as a 1 inning reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but its still gnawing at me so here goes again...

We have seats in the right field bleachers so we get there early for batting practice.

My kid is decked out in Yankee garb and actually brought a Jobber baseball card and sharpie. I was up in the concourse looking down with my wife watching him below in the front row. The dopey kid is actually hanging over the wall waving his card at jobber. All of a sudden...Jobber walks over and I see him talking to my kid. Holy crap!

Just as suddenly, he turns around, pale faced,head down and looks up for us...I walk down and say "wow, Joba spoke to you what did he say?"

My son says "he asked if it was my birthday. I said no, and he says then I cant do anything for you and walks away."

A kid in Yankee garb, in enemy territory, with Jobbers baseball card and Jobber goes out of his way to approach him and f with his head.

Next time, your son knows to lie though

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The same advice given to Ray in Ghostbusters applies just the same as to when someone asks you if its your birthday...

Ray, if someone asks you if you are a god, you say yes!

Wow, all jokes aside thats upsetting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing like pure speculation. I encourage this.