Thread: I've finally been sucked in.

I've finally been sucked in.

I decided to have a go at fantasy football. I'm fairly knowledgeable about teams and players from around the league but I've never participated in a fantasy league so I have a few questions.

My first inclination is to go with NFL.com's league as they have information right at your finger tips. Also, it seems popular. Any suggestions on what league I should join? I pretty much am just going to sign up with a free league.

Do you prefer capped or uncapped leagues?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaser View Post
    I decided to have a go at fantasy football. I'm fairly knowledgeable about teams and players from around the league but I've never participated in a fantasy league so I have a few questions.

My first inclination is to go with NFL.com's league as they have information right at your finger tips. Also, it seems popular. Any suggestions on what league I should join? I pretty much am just going to sign up with a free league.

Do you prefer capped or uncapped leagues?
    do your own research, don't trust any talking heads, go with your gut. Draft for value not need, you'll either get the player you need or stockpile ammo for inevitable trades. For the love of god do not mess up drafting otherwise it's over.
    When i used to play back in 2002-2005 I used Yahoo. (4 championships btw ).

Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    do your own research, don't trust any talking heads, go with your gut. Draft for value not need, you'll either get the player you need or stockpile ammo for inevitable trades. For the love of god do not mess up drafting otherwise it's over.
    When i used to play back in 2002-2005 I used Yahoo. (4 championships btw ).
    hmmm...Thanks for the advice but my question was more about what league I should join (or leagues).

BTW...you're the second person to tell me they played on yahoo.

I have only been playing for a few years and it has been through Yahoo which I have no problems with. I played both head-to-head and points based and greatly prefer points based with a standard setup (no points per reception). I stick to 10-12 team leagues. 8 doesn't seem like enough and 14 seems like too much in my opinion.

I started my own Yahoo points based league last year which was a blast even though I came in third place. Might need a few more teams if you are interested. It is $50 though as playing for free just doesn't hold my interest. Money on the other hand does

All League
    When I played Free Fantasy Football I did it through CBS.com and I liked there layout alot.

Just search public leagues and find one that suits you depending on if you want to be in an automated draft where you preset your rankings of players or if you wanna do a live draft in a chatroom. I prefer the latter as it is more fun and you can make your picks based on who you already drafted, it only takes roughly an hour or two tops if I remember correctly.

I use yahoo because it's a very clean interface. if you're interested in joining a league with other JI members check out this post for info: http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215333