Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: David Price.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    David Price.

    Just became the 1st 10 game winner out of the American League.

    10-2 after 13 starts, 2.31 ERA.

    Like I've been saying since 2008; The Rays drafted a pitching phenom in David Price. Only his 2nd full season in the league, and David Price is quickly becoming an Ace.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Just became the 1st 10 game winner out of the American League.

    10-2 after 13 starts, 2.31 ERA.

    Like I've been saying since 2008; The Rays drafted a pitching phenom in David Price. Only his 2nd full season in the league, and David Price is quickly becoming an Ace.
    Are the Yankees 10 back yet?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but your ace Garza is 7-4 & Shields is 5-5...

    The Rays finally started coming back down to Earth.

    They've played .500 ball their last 10 games.

    And are tied for 1st.

    To the Yankees.

    Who they should be 15 games ahead of by now using your skewed logic.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Like I've been saying since 2008; The Rays drafted a pitching phenom in David Price. Only his 2nd full season in the league, and David Price is quickly becoming an Ace.
    Are you saying, about DavidPriceDavidPrice, that because you said it, it happened, or are you saying that because you said it it proves you are some form of baseball savant whose auth-or-it-tie we must respect?



    Because thats what I think you are saying now, about what you have been saying since 2008. ANd thats not good.

    -

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like David Price's season is like Dice K's was in 2008.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I feel like David Price's season is like Dice K's was in 2008.
    It's somewhat similar, but Price has been a bit better than Matsuzaka was that year. Still, Price will not be able to sustain his success with the K's and BB's he's currently getting. He'll have to improve in one or both of those areas or he'll regress. Either way, with the way he's pitching now, he is not an ace.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    It's somewhat similar, but Price has been a bit better than Matsuzaka was that year. Still, Price will not be able to sustain his success with the K's and BB's he's currently getting. He'll have to improve in one or both of those areas or he'll regress. Either way, with the way he's pitching now, he is not an ace.
    Yeah, he definitely has to improve on areas. I feel like hes been somewhat "lucky" so far, hes gotten away with some things. He has a lot of talent, but his 10-2 start and low ERA, IDK. It feels like I keep seeing him getting runners in scoring and they don't score. Kind of like Dice K in 2008 where he was 18-3 2.90 ERA but had games where he walks 8 batters and has 1 SO yet only allows 1 run.

    I'm sure Price will have a better career though and hes still only 24 so he'll improve and should be better, but like you said he is no ace yet.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep piling on the wins David - even if they're ugly. I'm 145 points ahead of the second place team in fantasy baseball.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,926
    Post Thanks / Like
    David Price.. The Best Ever?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us