Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Have 1st Row Upper Level YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...

If You Have 1st Row Upper Level YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...

Imagine taking your pre-1977 senority (you coulda had any seat in the stadium) and you go upstairs to avoid a large PSL and you think it's ok because you have the first row. Well think again......Besides not being able to see the players numbers, can you imagine having to look out between these bars for three hours ?? It was nice of Woody to make it so you can at least see between the hash marks. It's going to be kinda funny looking up from below.....kinda like Rikers Island from the outside. WOW.

Picture was taken from eye level sitting back in the seat, And it's all the way around the stadium not just these seats.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 06-16-2010 at 06:22 PM.

All League
    That really sucks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post

Imagine taking your pre-1977 senority and going upstairs to avoid a large PSL and you think it's ok because you have the first row. Well think again......Besides not being able to see the players numbers, can you imagine having to look out between the bars for three hours ?? It's going to be kinda funny looking up from below.....kinda like Rikers Island from the outside. WOW.

Picture was taken from eye level sitting back in the seat, And it's all the way around the stadium not just these seats.
    That picture is an absolute distortion of the true view. I was there last week to see the Eagles and I went up to my seats which are in Row 17 of the upper level. I saw several people on the floor wearing jerseys and could clearly make out the numbers. BTW - I wear glasses for distance and I did not have them on. IMO PSL holders have a bigger problem - What if there is a work stoppage in 2011? You basically paid for a year of nothing.

Imagine taking your pre-1977 senority and going upstairs to avoid a large PSL and you think it's ok because you have the first row. Well think again......Besides not being able to see the players numbers, can you imagine having to look out between these bars for three hours ?? It was nice of Woody made it so you can at least see between the hash marks. It's going to be kinda funny looking up from below.....kinda like Rikers Island from the outside. WOW.

What about the view when you lean forward? Thats how I usually watch a game, not sitting all the way back in the seat.

All League
    Yeah, that's pretty awful. Looks like sg3's seats.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    That picture is an absolute distortion of the true view. I was there last week to see the Eagles and I went up to my seats which are in Row 17 of the upper level. I saw several people on the floor wearing jerseys and could clearly make out the numbers. BTW - I wear glasses for distance and I did not have them on. IMO PSL holders have a bigger problem - What if there is a work stoppage in 2011? You basically paid for a year of nothing.
    Maybe I need to upgrade to the iphone 4, but those bars are there.

As far as the PSL's go you are correct. If you lose your job you are LEGALLY responsible to buy the tickets until the stadium gets torn down. I think you will be able to buy PSL's at half price next year from all the poor souls who can't pay or have to move or just realize that the economics of the stadium is out of wack. Most single game seats for sale in that stadium will only fetch face value and most definiltely will not recapture the pro rata price of the PSL.

Incidently, if the seat prices go up (which you have to expect since Woody knocked over $50-100,000,000 off PSL prices) you have to stomach that too. They've got you by the balls. Sad but true. Leon must be rolling in his grave.

Go Jets !!
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 06-16-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Theres no distortion. Those bars are there.

As far as the PSL's go you are correct. If you lose your job you are LEGALLY responsible to buy the tickets until the stadium gets torn down. I think you can buy PSL's at half price next year from all the poor souls who can't pay or have to move yadda yadda yadda. Incidently, if the price go up (which is to be expected since Woody knocked over $50,000,000 off PSL prices) you have to stomach that too.

Go Jets !!
    The bars are there but is it any different than the first row in the old stadium where you had to look thru scratched plexiglass?

Veteran
    Those railings were put up during construction for safety reasons and will be taken down before the season starts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The bars are there but is it any different than the first row in the old stadium where you had to look thru scratched plexiglass?
    No - but that sucked. We've had multiple threads on here warning people to stay away from row 1 precisely on account of the dirty windshields.

Row 3 seems like the perfect scenario in the Uppers. In the old stadium, anything below row 12 or so was also pretty damn good. I sat quite often in row 29 and the 15-20 row difference really made a difference. I'd sit up there with friends and they'd say "Ya know, this isn't so bad". But when we'd move down in the 2nd half and sit somewhere near row 8 it would feel 10x closer.

Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    Those railings were put up during construction for safety reasons and will be taken down before the season starts.
    The crack is good down there in Fla eh ?? I suspect they will have to do something though.....

All Pro
    I went to the practice and the stadium as a whole is ridiculously unimpressive. Zero personality. Zero nice touches. It is what it looks like, a big concrete bowl with aluminum siding.

The seats are incredibly small, if anyone medium size sits next to you you will get to know them very well.

Concourses are better, yay. More food options, yay, more opportunities to pay $4.75 for a bottle of soda (literally).

A billion dollars and the rape of a fan base for this. It's just tragic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    SAR I in 3....2....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pretty much what I expected.

Alot of new stuff for casual(and soft) fans with nothing but higher prices and smaller seats for people who are actually there to watch the game.

Cutting edge? In what, nachos?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post

Alot of new stuff for casual(and soft) fans with nothing but higher prices and smaller seats for people who are actually there to watch the game.

TAYLOR HAM!

we've known for a while that the upper deck's view of the field wouldn't compare to the old stadium's upper deck view. They had to accomodate the luxury suites...

the sad fact is that the US economic model no longer supports the average Joe's ability to attend games with decent seats. It's a lot similar to Rome's economic model, and we know how that one ended....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

They've got you by the balls. Sad but true. Leon must be rolling in his grave.

Go Jets !!

If he is rolling, no one in the upper deck will be able to spot it, that's for sure.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post

the sad fact is that the US economic model no longer supports the average Joe's ability to attend games with decent seats. It's a lot similar to Rome's economic model, and we know how that one ended.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post

The view from the Mezz Club's rock! Just as the Jets promised.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    SAR I in 3....2....

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    You never disappoint, man!