Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping all this talent...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Harris is going anywhere. Or Brick. The big surprise might be Mangold. While I love the guy and think he's the best center in football, the Jets might let him walk and draft a young guy next year. I'd love to figure out a way to keep Edwards and Holmes and Cromartie but we'll have to see.

In any event even with all this uncertainty (will there even be football next year?) the Jets are set for a dynastic run based on the core young players. As long as Darelle Revis and Danny Woodhead are here to anchor the defense and offense respectively we're legitimate contenders.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key thing to remember is compensatory picks....

When TJ housh signed with seattle the Bengals received a pick at the end of the third round. If the jets lose, cromartie, holmes, and/or braylon they are absolutely looking at 3rd or possibly a end of the 2nd round pick.

Compensatory picks are based on size/length of contract and a players age....rarely does a team have young star-quality players leave, they resign them so it becomes a moot point.

The Jets are in a totally different position, and should cromartie have a season like he did 2 years ago, he is definitely looking at a long term and very expensive contract that should reap a nice reward for the jets....same goes for braylon/holmes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3627029][B]1. Revis[/B]
    2. Holmes
    3. Edwards
    [B]4. Ferguson[/B]
    [B]5. Harris
    6. Mangold[/B]
    7. Cromartie

[/QUOTE]

Will be signed by the end of 2010 season, IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3627349]Will be signed by the end of 2010 season, IMO.[/QUOTE] That's a reasonable assumption, except perhaps not Harris since you have so much money tied up in Pace and Scott as Patman said. Then I guess you would substitute the WR who performs best this season to go along with Revis, Fergeson, and Mangold.

BTW- I think you HAVE to sign Mangold. Quality C's are hard to find, and harder to develop, especially when so many plays are now done from the shot gun....just ask Damian Woody...;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3627317]The key thing to remember is compensatory picks....

When TJ housh signed with seattle the Bengals received a pick at the end of the third round. If the jets lose, cromartie, holmes, and/or braylon they are absolutely looking at 3rd or possibly a [B]end of the 2nd round pick.[/B]

Compensatory picks are based on size/length of contract and a players age....rarely does a team have young star-quality players leave, they resign them so it becomes a moot point.

The Jets are in a totally different position, and should cromartie have a season like he did 2 years ago, he is definitely looking at a long term and very expensive contract that should reap a nice reward for the jets....same goes for braylon/holmes.[/QUOTE]

The Jets would surely get some comp picks our of that mass migration of talent, but FYI, the 3rd round is the comp pick you can get and generally they are gotten for elite talent losses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;3627219]My guess is that

The jets will not sign Cromartie long term he is a one year player. as they drafted Wilson

Edwards & Holmes both walk,

Harris walks, They have too much tied up with Scott and Pace.

And no way in hell the cap will be going to 150m, if anything it may decrease.

Mangold and Dbrick and Revis stays. The jets lose one star and keep 3 stars

Holmes may stay if he takes a lot of team protective language. BUT IMO some team will take him and run that risk.[/QUOTE]

David Harris is going nowhere ! :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prediction is Harris, Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, & Edwards stay.